George Michael Announces First North American Tour in 17 Years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yip, but he threw in a special song, 'Fantasy' which he did for the first time live. After it he said, "Fuck I'm exhausted!" He did Careless Whisper, Everything She Wants, and the usual Faith stuff but no 'I Want Your Sex'. His dance numbers had almost every single person on their feet like it was a disco or something.

From the Vancouver Sun,

Opening with Waiting (Reprise), the singer stood behind an LCD curtain for the first half of the song, until belting the apt lyric "Here I am/ Is it too late to try again?"

At that moment, a door opened and it was a non-stop barrage of fan favourites, each song a reminder of how many hits Michael has had, both with Wham! and as a solo artist.

For those who were afraid that Michael wouldn't perform Wham! hits, the third song on the bill set all at ease, with a sing-along version of 1985's I'm Your Man.

Too immaculate a show to have just one highlight, Michael's version of the treacherously difficult-to-sing Roberta Flack hit The First Time Ever I saw Your Face was spine-tingling, as was a flawless version of Father Figure, from 1987's Faith.

The crowd-pleasers continued well past the intermission, with tracks from Michael's latest greatest hits record, 25, figuring prominently. Too Funky, Teacher and Star People all made the cut in the first half, with Michael tirelessly dancing through each song with an energy and joie de vivre.

No one who attended could have possibly left unsatisfied -- Michael is the consummate pop star, a figure whose talent transcends any bumps in the road of his career.

I saw him here in San Diego on opening night (scored great, cheap last minute tickets on Ebay - 15 rows back on the floor, center!) and he was Fantastic!! It was a great show.

I told my sister before the concert started how weird it was to not know what to expect at all (ike I normally do at a U2 show). I purposely did not look up set lists, etc., just so I could be surprised, and I was honestly surprised at what a great show it was. The man knows how to perform. His voice sounds amazing. I was a big time fan back in the day (Wham! was my first concert when I was 12 years old! :lol::reject:) and am familiar with with his newer stuff, but my sister really didn't know much of his music except the big hits and she loved the show too. We were both blown away at how much fun it was. And he seemed truly blown away and really appreciative of the response he got (the crowd was really loud and into it), he did the "I'm not worthy bow" and said he wasn't sure what to expect after being away for so long. It was great.

I highly encourage any of you who are on the fence about going to pick up some last minute cheap tickets (there are plently out there!) and go!:applaud:

ok... I just got back from the show and I kid you not this man has one of the greatest voices I have EVER heard live and I've been to many concerts! He is incredible!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom