George Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Bestie is 'close to the end'
Best ... gravely ill

By NICK PARKER

DESPERATELY ill George Best yesterday sent farewell messages to ex-lovers and pals — saying: “I’m near the end.”

Best, who is unable to speak, got an aide to ring his close friends with the poignant goodbyes.

Stephen Purdew, boss of the Champneys health resort where 59-year-old Best lived for two years, said: “I’ve had what amounts to a farewell message from George.

“It was made clear he might have days — if not hours — to live. It was obvious he is gravely ill.”

Best’s son Calum broke down in tears last night.

The 24-year-old said: “It is really hard to talk about this, he is my old man.

“It is very very serious. I have heard words like ‘it’s touch and go’ and ‘it’s not looking good’.

“We have got through hard times before but this is not easy for me.”

Ex Alex .. prayers

And Best’s ex-wife Alex said: “I’m just praying that somehow he once again manages to pull through against the odds.”

The Manchester United legend sent the messages after doctors found he was bleeding internally.

Best, an infamous womaniser, is also thought to have contacted a string of ex-lovers.

The alcoholic, who received a life-saving liver transplant in 2002, was admitted to West London’s Cromwell Hospital with flu-like symptoms three weeks ago. He later developed a serious kidney infection.

Best’s friend and agent Phil Hughes said: “He is seriously ill — it’s about as bad as it gets. He’s fighting for his life.

“He took a turn for the worse a couple of days ago and he has been unconscious since 1pm today. He is stable now.”

Professor Roger Williams, the consultant in charge of his care, said last night: “There’s still a chance we can get him through this.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk

Come back and score a double hat-trick George.

Last edited:
He's had a very bad attitude to his alcoholism over the years. I hope he pulls through and that this may be the wake up call he needs to get himself back into rehab of some kind... I don't think his heart can take much more.

Back
Top Bottom