Geocaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once a geocache is found, you sign a log and take a prize (while leaving another to replace it). The fun part is in the hunt though. The geocache boxes are usually filled with junk. I like to leave matchbox cars :nerd:

It's fun. I've left coupons for tims (cos you need timks sometimes) and maps and cds.

I caNNOT BElieve I'm admitting I do this on here. drink,ing:tsk:

Clearly your backyard is not secure enough. I suggest hiring men with shotguns, and dogs.

:wink: Or just go replace something in the cache, and note it in the log.

weird....about 5 mins ago I just passed a cache spot here and wondered if you had found yours! forget the gps, just wander aimlessly around the woods.

Well according to the site it's on the edge of the highway. I don't know how well digging up the entire ditch along the 101 freeway is going to go over.

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds really cool. I love the idea of finding other people's little treasures and leaving my own to be found. I don't have a gps though... Is there anything like this out there for the technologically deprived?

Actually there is! It's called Drop Spotting Unfortunately I don't know how well it's caughten on but if you live in a more populated area you might have some luck. You might also be able to do geocaching without GPS if you have Google Earth. It'd be a bit more difficult, but depending on how easy or hard the cache is hidden you still could probably find one.

Back
Top Bottom