Genesis Reunion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
STING2 said:

I think ticket sales were good, not as good as ZOO TV though. I know that in Philadelphia, their two shows at Veterans Stadium had a higher attendance than U2's two ZOO TV shows in Veterans stadium. I think Philadelphia has always been Genesis's strongest market in the USA. But in Washington DC they were barely able to get just over 40,000 people into RFK stadium, while U2 soldout two shows at RFK stadium.

I'm not sure how other Genesis shows did on that tour. Its been 15 years, so its basically very difficult to determine what demand is going to be like after such a long time away with no new material. It could go either way, and I think they are playing it safe with announcing some arena shows. If each of those arena shows sells out rapidly enough, they may add 10 more stadium shows.

I think all the shows in Europe soldout, but it took several weeks for them to all sellout and Europe, especially Germany is Genesis strongest market.

Thank you STING2, Do you know the average ticket price of the 1992 genesis north american tour?

just have to say what a joke both the AMEX and Jammail presales were yesterday and today. the seating chart is a color coded mess. trying one more time on Monday but I don't see how this isn't about the money. $127 to sit in the 3rd level at the United Center?? end of rant.

mosquito said:

Thank you STING2, Do you know the average ticket price of the 1992 genesis north american tour?

I think it was $25 dollars a ticket, at a minimum, $30 dollars maximum. No one really charged more than $30 dollars for a ticket back in 1992 and tickets were all the same price from the front row, to the last row at the top of the stadium at the back. 5 years before that in 1987, the top ticket price was $20 dollars.

For Boston, Loge 15 and Loge 20 (side stage) are the $82 price, this I think represents best viewing value for the $$.
Look for low seat numbers in loge 15 (seat 1 on aisle next to loge 14 which would cost $227.00), and high seat numbers in loge 20 (end number varies as rows expand as they go up, but seat along aisle to loge 21 would be anywhere from #18 to 26 or so)
Sections start at row 11. So for example I just saw a pair in Loge 20 row 16, seats 17 and 18..those should be pretty darn good for $82 (plus 2.50 facility fee and 12.50 ticketbonemaster fee).

Last edited:
There are still plenty of tickets available at all price levels for GIANTS stadium except the $127 dollar level, only limited view tickets are available for $127.

Looks like Genesis was smart in booking mainly arena's here in North America. GIANTS Stadium should eventually sellout, but when a stadium in the largest market in the world still has plenty of tickets available after several days of going on sell, its probably a good idea to stick to the Arena's in most of the other markets in North America including other big cities.

The demand for Genesis in Europe seems to much stronger where they have soldout about 20 stadium shows, 8 of them in Germany.

Cool! I talked to my Dad and he's actually interested in going. I didn't think he would be since there's no Peter or Steve, but he said he had heard about it and wants to go. :up:

So, if we can get tickets to the Hollywood Bowl show, we'll be there.

I'm actually oddly excited. :hyper: I mean no Peter or Steve, but still I've never seen Genesis before, so it's always exciting seeing a band for the first time.

Great news Fitz! :hi5:

Can't wait til this show finally goes on sale. I've seen them a couple of times I believe, but nothing past the early 80s.

Lila--Thanks. It's practically my birth music. I was born very shortly before "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" was released. So it's practically the soundtrack to my first year on earth.

Have you heard when the L.A. show is supposed to go on sale?

Rediscovering 80s Genesis (because I'm sure they'll play the hits at the show), and I'm remembering this one, Home By The Sea. One of the few times I think Phil absolutely nailed it in his vocal performance. I love his halting cadence in the verses, the rhythm and meter of the lyrics, and just the Gothic lyrics themselves.

Creeping up the blind side, shinning up the wall
Stealing thru the dark of night
Climbing thru a window, stepping to the floor
Checking to the left and the right
Picking up the pieces, putting them away
Something doesnt feel quite right

Help me someone, let me out of here
Then out of the dark was suddenly heard
Welcome to the home by the sea

Coming out the woodwork, thru the open door
Pushing from above and below
Shadows but no substance, in the shape of men
Round and down and sideways they go
Adrift without direction, eyes that hold despair
Then as one they sign and they moan

Help us someone, let us out of here
Living here so long undisturbed
Dreaming of the time we were free
So many years ago
Before the time when we first heard

Sit down sit down
Sit down sit down sit down
As we relive our lives in what we tell you

Images of sorrow, pictures of delight
Things that go to make up a life
Endless days of summer longer nights of gloom
Waiting for the morning light
Scenes of unimportance, photos in a frame
Things that go to make up a life

Help us someone, let us out of here
Cos living here so long undisturbed
Dreaming of the time we were free
So many years ago
Before the time when we first heard

Sit down sit down
Sit down sit down sit down sit down
As we relive out lives in what we tell you
Let us relive out lives in what we tell you

Sit down sit down sit down
Cos you wont get away
No with us you will stay
For the rest of your days - sit down
As we relive our lives in what we tell you
Let us relive our lives in what we tell you

apparently there were some dates added, like a 2nd Hollywood Bowl one on 10/13, and a Sacramento show (10/10) amd a Philly show (9/19)

I wondered if they would add a 2nd Hollywood Bowl show.

My parents got our tickets in the mail last week, so we're definitely there for the 1st show.

I'm interested to see what the setlists will be like, but the tour doesn't even start until June, so I've got a ways to go.

The cool thing is, the tour will be well underway by the time they get here to Southern California, so hopefully we'll get a really primed and well-oiled show! :hyper:

The new shows are set for Sept. 5 at New York City's Madison Square Garden and Oct. 10 at Sacramento's ARCO Arena, plus a third show was added at Chicago's United Center and a second night was tacked onto the Hollywood Bowl stop in Los Angeles. The full itinerary is listed below.

September 2007
7 - Toronto, Ontario - BMO Field
11 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden
14 - Montreal, Quebec - Olympic Stadium
15 - Ottawa, Ontario - Scotiabank Place
16 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center
18-19 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
22 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
23 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
25 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
27 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium
29 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
30 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

October 2007
2-4 - Chicago, IL - United Center
9 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
10 - Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena
12-13 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl

Madison Square Garden :hyper:

FitzChivalry said:
Rediscovering 80s Genesis (because I'm sure they'll play the hits at the show), and I'm remembering this one, Home By The Sea. One of the few times I think Phil absolutely nailed it in his vocal performance. I love his halting cadence in the verses, the rhythm and meter of the lyrics, and just the Gothic lyrics themselves.

I love Home By The Sea! :love:

I love Phil Collins led Genesis! :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
Get tickets for the 1st Bowl show. Then we can be at the same concert together! :wink:

"In The Cage" being rehearsed! :drool: :drool:

:yes: The lights!!! :drool:
The second show might be easier to get tickets to. We shall see...

:madspit: at Zoots! :wink:

one4u2 said:
The new shows are set for Sept. 5 at New York City's Madison Square Garden

Isn't it Sept 25th at MSG? :scratch:

Anyway, the only Genesis album I've listened to and love is We Can't Dance. Other than that, I've only heard Turn It On Again - The Hits! I'm so late. :|

Lila64 said:
:madspit: at Zoots! :wink:

:lol:

I don't understand how you can enjoy something like HTDAAB & OOTS and on the other hand, hate Collins led Genesis. :huh: :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

Anyway, the only Genesis album I've listened to and love is We Can't Dance. Other than that, I've only heard Turn It On Again - The Hits! I'm so late. :|

:lol:

Oops, I read that as lame. :lol:

j/k

Last edited:
Zoots - that's because my experience with Genesis started off with Peter Gabriel . I like Genesis up thru Duke and the S/T album I think, but they got progressively poppier, and I stopped listening. Had no interest in Collins or his Disney tunes etc. I saw Collins solo twice, on his first solo album (with In The Air Tonight). They were good shows if I recall.

My teen years were working in a record store where a lot of prog was played, especially Genesis. For my husband, if Gabriel were touring with them, it would probably be like following U2 around from city to city, etc.

Side note: Hubby had a track from the Mike Rutherford solo album originally included in his proglist, but it got cut. I have to find the CD and listen to it. It's probably been a decade or so since I heard it. I know I liked it!

Back
Top Bottom