Genesis Reunion! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #31
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:11 AM
The tribute band that is Musical Box was INCREDIBLE the time I saw them. They did the complete 'Lamb Lies Down On Broadway' and with the original staging, film clips/slide show, costumes from GENESIS the band. It was approved by them as well. My husband and group of friends who saw the actual band perform this back in the 70s thought this was an INCREDIBLE simulation, as did I. I don't know how Selling England By The Pound was, but perhaps it's just not your cup of tea?

Old 11-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I like Peter Gabriel, but I really enjoy the Collins-led Genesis albums myself. Duke in particular is a classic.

Perhaps I'm in the minority on that.
That is a really good album.
The 1983 self titled album is half-awesome and half-filler.
I called it great earlier, eh...it's pretty damn good.

Home By the Sea, Job to Do, Second Home By the Sea, That's All, and I personally think their best song with PC up front, Mama.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
We Can't Dance, which has a beautiful epic in its own right with "Fading Lights"...
"Fading Lights" is really good.

The only Phil Collins-era I absolutely love is "A Trick Of The Tail" (the 2nd album after Peter left).

"Los Endos"
"Dance on the Volcano"
"Ripples"
Old 11-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor

sail away, away

(Yes, Trick Of The Tail is still a good album - still pre-80s)
Old 11-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #35
War Child

Local Time: 12:11 PM
bump....

Genesis rocks in all of its forms....
well, not that really awful version in the mid 90s with that random singer...that was a mistake
Old 03-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

27th February 2007

USA PRESS CONFERENCE & TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT

Genesis will be holding a press conference in New York at 11 a.m. LOCAL TIME on Wednesday, 7th March. They will be announcing details of their first North American tour for fifteen years. As with the press conference announcing the European concert tour, the New York press conference will be webcast live. Full details of the webcast and more about the press conference soon.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 03-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
27th February 2007

USA PRESS CONFERENCE & TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT

Genesis will be holding a press conference in New York at 11 a.m. LOCAL TIME on Wednesday, 7th March. They will be announcing details of their first North American tour for fifteen years. As with the press conference announcing the European concert tour, the New York press conference will be webcast live. Full details of the webcast and more about the press conference soon.

They wouldn't wait for Peter Gabriel, so

(Phil Collins lead singing )
Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Unlike most people here, while I love the Peter Gabriel era, there's quite a bit from the Phil Collins era that I really enjoy. Duke is my favorite album from that lineup.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:10 PM   #40
Blue Crack Distributor

I do like Duke. And a couple of songs on Abacab. But nothing after that. I wish it were with Peter... oh well...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

GENESIS 'TURN IT ON AGAIN' TOUR - NORTH AMERICA Date City Venue Fan Club Presale Starts Public Onsale

Fri. Sept. 7 TORONTO, ON BMO Field Thur. Mar. 8 @ 10 am Mon. Mar. 12 @ 10 am
Tues. Sept. 11 BOSTON, MA TD Banknorth Garden Thur. Mar. 8 @ 10 am Mon. Mar. 12 @ 10 am
Fri. Sept. 14 MONTREAL, QC Olympic Stadium Thur. Mar. 8 @ 10 am
Sat. Mar. 10 @ 10 am
Sun. Sept. 16 HARTFORD, CT Hartford Civic Center Thur. Mar. 8 @ 10 am Mon. Mar. 12 @ 10 am
Tues. Sept. 18 PHILADELPHIA, PA Wachovia Center Thur. Mar. 8 @ 10 am Sat. Mar. 10 @ 10 am
Sat. Sept. 22 COLUMBUS, OH Nationwide Arena tba tba
Sun. Sept. 23 WASHINGTON, DC Verizon Center tba tba
Thur. Sept. 27 E. RUTHERFORD, NJ Giants Stadium Thur. Mar. 8 @ 10 am Mon. Mar. 12 @ 10 am
Sat. Sept. 29 CLEVELAND, OH Quicken Loans Arena tba tba
Sun. Sept. 30 DETROIT, MI Palace of Auburn Hills tba tba
Tues. Oct. 2 CHICAGO, IL United Center Thur. Mar. 8 @ 10 am Mon. Mar. 12 @ 10 am
Sun. Oct. 9 SAN JOSE, CA HP Pavilion tba tba
Fri. Oct. 12 LOS ANGELES, CA Hollywood Bowl tba tba

Giants Stadium I was kind of hoping for MSG
Old 03-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Hmmm...at the Garden on 9/11.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #43
The Fly

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Does anybody have any information about the last genesis tour( in 1992) in terms of attendances figures? .I am very surprised that ,in America, they only will play 2 stadiums,considering that their last tour was a 30 date stadium tour. Maybe in 1992 the ticket sales was poor? I doubt it . Anybody can help?

Thank you.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

The Hollywood Bowl?

Tickets will go on sale in Montreal and Philadelphia beginning Saturday, March 10 and in Boston, Chicago, East Rutherford, Hartford and Toronto on Monday, March 12. For additional on sale dates, official tour and ticket information, fan club membership and early access to tickets, visit www.genesis-music.com.

Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford will be joined on stage by long-time Genesis sidemen, Chester Thompson on drums and Daryl Stuermer on guitar. Two of the world's greatest show technicians, award-winning lighting designer Patrick Woodroffe and acclaimed set designer Mark Fisher are working on plans for what promises to be one of the most impressive stage shows to tour this year.

This year, Genesis will be honored at the "VH1 Rock Honors" ceremony on May 24.

With the April 24 release of GENESIS: 1976-1981, Rhino Records debuts the first in a series of three box sets spotlighting 13 studio albums by one of the top-selling recording artists of all time. This 6-CD/6-DVD boxed set encompasses five studio albums recorded between 1976 and 1981, plus a bonus disc offered exclusively with this collection that gathers essential rare tracks scattered among the band's EPs and b-sides.

Web cast: The Genesis press conference web cast streamed today and will be archived at www.genesis-music.com for viewing.

For members-only presales, a list of announced shows, further information and regular news updates on Genesis, go to: www.genesis-music.com

The 'Turn It On Again' Tour is presented in North America by Concert Productions International
Old 03-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #45
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.