"Genesis- Platinum Collection"!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopMartian33107

Acrobat
Yes folks, there is finally a definitive album for this fourty-year old band. "Genesis- Platinum Collection", released late last year, will be coming to the States in October.

Beginning with their more recent hits, the album then deleves into the pop of the 80's, then into more of their experimental works of the 70's. Most of their hits are featured on Cd's one and two.

All songs have been beautifully remastered by producer Nick Davis. Interviews from Phil Collins, Tony Banks, and Mike Rutherford are tucked into the inner sleeve. It's a fourty song, 3-CD special set, and this album isn't to be missed! (And no, this is not an advertisement.)

Here's the tracklist:

CD I:
No Son of Mine
I Can't Dance
Jesus He Knows Me
Hold On My Heart
Invisible Touch
Throwing It All Away
Tonight Tonight Tonight
Land of Confusion
In Too Deep
Mama
That's All
Hme By The Sea
Second Home By The Sea
Illegal Alien
Paperlate
Calling All Stations

CD II:
Abacab
Keep It Dark
Turn It On Again
Behind The Lines
Duchess
Misunderstanding
Many Too Many
Follow You Follow Me
Undertow
In That Quiet Earth
Afterglow
Your Own Special Way
A Trick of the Tail
Ripples
Los Endos

CD III:

Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
Counting Out Time
Carpet Crawlers
Firth of Fifth
The Cinema Show
I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
Supper's Ready
The Musical Box
The Knife

Listening to these three CD's will bring back a swarm of memories for all Genesis fans, and any fans of music for that matter. Take care!

That's All...

next works are 5.1 mixes of lamb , Nursery crime ,
hopefully Trick of a tail
and Duke sides live

:drool:
nice compilation , but i would prefer remastered albums with b-sides and live tracks

WinnieThePoo said:
next works are 5.1 mixes of lamb , Nursery crime ,
hopefully Trick of a tail
and Duke sides live

:drool:
nice compilation , but i would prefer remastered albums with b-sides and live tracks

Yeah, I'm dying for those remasters too! The Lamb should be out by October, while the others are still being worked on, I think.

I didn't know they were working on a remaster of Duke, though. That's my favorite album EVER, so I'd be in heaven if that happened! :D

"Genesis" and "Invisible Touch" definately need to be remastered, too.

not the album ,but the show from Duke promo tour in Lyceum theatre , it was a great show , some people are saying genesis's best ever

Here's The news ....

from genesis-music.com

Work on Archives moves on apace
27th April 2005

Geoff Callingham and Dale Newman are deep into the cataloguing and digitising of the hundreds of sound board tapes stored at The Farm. Hidden away, an unassuming flight case conceals more than it reveals. Within its draws lie literally hundreds of live tapes from the early 70s right through to the CAS Tour. To give an indication of the numbers involved, all of its five draws, bar one, have two layers of tapes and there are many others not yet properly indexed and placed in the catalogue.

Some months ago a list was sent down to Geoff giving the details of some of the more sought after sound board tapes that might be given a high priority in the search (they have not yet started cataloguing rehearsal and out-take tapes). For those of you out there interested in such things I can tell you that, so far, all but two of the concerts listed have been found though, in three cases, first or second part tapes are currently missing. The tapes on the list that have been located are:

01.05.76 The Starlight Bowl Burbank, CA SBD
13.06.76 Hammersmith Odeon London UK SBD
01.01.77 Rainbow Theater London UK SBD
11.05.77 Gigantinho Stadium, Porto Allegre, Brazil SBD
30.03.78 War Memorial Rochester, NY SBD
22.03.80 Friar's Club, Aylesbury UK SBD
29.06.80 Madison Square Garden New York, NY SBD (1 tape)
25.09.81 Plaza de Toros Monumantal Barcelona Spain SBD
26.11.81 The Spectrum Philadelphia, PA SBD
09.08.82 The Forum Los Angeles, CA SBD (1 tape)
22.08.82 Forest Hills, New York, NY SBD (1 tape)
07.11.83 Horton Fieldhouse Normal, IL SBD
13.12.83 The Omni Center, Atlanta, GA SBD
26.11.86 Entertainment Centre Sydney Australia SBD
23.10.92 Mayflower Theater Southampton UK SBD

For those of you wondering why there are no Gabriel-era tapes included on this 'rarities' list it is because experience has shown that it is likely to be easier to get later period material released quickly.

Geoff has been digitising tapes on a progessive basis and, on a quick check whilst at The Farm for the Nursery Cryme remix, we can say that at least one of the concerts listed (the Hammersmith Odeon concert from 13th June 1976) has already been processed. We await news on what happens next.

Nursery Cryme SACD re-mix complete. Foxtrot next
27th April 2005

Nick Davis has completed work on the 5.1 SACD remix of the early Genesis classic 'Nursery Cryme'. In about ten days he will start work on a similar re-working of the 'Foxtrot' album.

Work on the 'Nursery Cryme' remix was done fairly quickly as some of the tracks were recorded on only 8 tracks (see the original 8-track listings below for 'For Absent Friends' and 'Well!' (?) [top] and the 16-track listings for the two parts of 'The Fountain of Salmarcis' [sic]. Yes, the track was constantly mis-spelled on the tape boxes). This left limited scope for a major overhaul on some tracks. However, on both the 8 track and 16 track masters, Nick was able to strip out the various different elements that had been recorded on the same tracks and, using the 48 channel desk at The Farm, gain greater control over all of the voices and instruments used. Whilst we were there, Nick was tweaking his remix of 'The Musical Box'. The 5.1 mix sounded extraordinarily powerful with elements emerging from the background that had only previously been hinted at. It sounded like a major sonic leap forward from the 94 re-masters with a far greater dynamic range and clarity.

For the purposes of these sessions Nick was being assisted by a trio of young assistants (who all seemed to be called Tom. Apologies to any who weren't!). We hope to have some video from the first week's sessions available soon plus extra photos all taken by Nick's mate Dave.

they should make one album and call it Invisible shapes or something

Invisible Touch
Mama
That's All
It's Gonna Get Better
Illegal Alien
Home By The Sea
Second Home By the Sea
Anything She Does
Domino
Land Of Confusion
Brazilian