Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
So far, we've visited:

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urethra National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was not Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Michelin
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl, aka Fuck Vowels
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Bumberry, NSFW
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska, Alaska
- Gimme more Sexy Peaks, Idaho
- Fuck those Fucking fuckers, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Anus, France
- Vagina, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Wetwang, England
- Cunter, Switzerland
- Axver's a huge Bastard Township, Ontario
- Useless Loop, Western Australia
- Afternoon Tea, South Dakota
- Giggleswick, England
- Whakapapa (pronounced "Fuck a Papa"), New Zealand, aka Incest
- Jen's Room, Lamethreadlocation, Geelong
- You're a Twatt, No You Are, Shetland
- Fingringhoe, Essex
- Blowhard, Victoria
- Mandarin Free State, South Africa
- Middle Intercourse Island
- Disneyland, Lamethreadlocation, US of Lamerica
- Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec
- LemonMacPhisto's failure
- Boring Lava Field, Oregon
- Morón Air Base, Spain
- Comet 3D/Biela (lost in spaaaace)
- Dildo vs vibrator, Newfoundland
- Haiku Valley, Hawaii
- Hole of Horcum, England
- Cumbum, Tamil Nadu, India
- Hell For Certain, Kentucky
- Devil's Dyke, Sussex, England
- Koolyanobbing, Western Australia
- Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
- Three Cocks and the Truth, Wales
- Saddam Hussein Is Dead Town, Sri Lanka
- Tittybong, Victoria, Australia
- Humptulips, Washington
- Do You Like My Sugar Tits, South Carolina
- End of Earth, Michigan
- Big Boner Lick State Park, Kentucky
- Kholat Syakhl, Russia
- RAdelaide awww yeah, South Australia
- Dumb Thread Idea, Northumberland, UK
- Bumpass, Virginia
- Shut the Bogan Gate, NSW, Australia
- Billy Ray Cyrus, Ireland
- Upperthong, West Yorkshire
- Sexbierum, Holland
- Postwhorehouse Meadow
- Never Brilliant, Alabama
- Your Mum's A Hooker, Oklahoma
- Knob Lick, Missouri
- Fresh Smells, Staten Island
- Nazis, Ontario
- Paw Paw, West Vagina
- Tutaekuri ("dogshit") River, New Zealand
- Half Of The Posters In This Thread Would Post While Losing Their Virginity, Utah
- Forever Young, New York
- Kumamoto ("fire cunt" in Swahili), Japan
- Ian's fairy's horny, Anglesey, Wales

Now we're in Geebung, Queensland. Named after the Geebung tree, or perhaps the surveyor just stood in a pile of shit by accident. Geebung is also appropriate to our last thread's discussion, as it's one of those places to have four seasons: Summer, After Summer, Slightly Cooler Than Summer, and Nearly Summer Again.

Geebung, Queensland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,011
User Name Posts
Axver 134
gluey 127
KhanadaRhodes 107
Varitek 97
phanan 89
coolian2 69
Screwtape2 66
The Sad Punk 61
mysterious_jen 39
bono_212 27
LarryMullen's POPAngel 22
bono_man2002 19
phillyfan26 18
LemonMelon 18
LemonMacPhisto 14
DreamOutLoud13 14
*browneyedgirl* 10
No spoken words 9
WildHoney 9
Zootlesque 9
Alisaura 8
unico 8
Sicy 7
RavenBlue 6
RedRocksU2 6
Lila64 5
VintagePunk 5
elevated_u2_fan 3
thatsnotmypuppy 2
cinnaminson 1
hardyharhar 1
major_panic 1

:shocked: HOW did I manage THAT?

That is one thing I loove about Indiana. Four REAL seasons :cute:

I just had to unravel all of Listen Like Thieves, and roll it back up DAMN CAssetTes!

That is one thing I loove about Indiana. Four REAL seasons :cute:

I just had to unravel all of Listen Like Thieves, and roll it back up DAMN CAssetTes!

Yeah, it's why I moved to Melbourne. I like cold weather.

And woah, why are you listening to a cassette in the first place?

:shocked: HOW did I manage THAT?
You really are a postwhore! :cute:

I'd love some real winter. I'd move further south if it weren't for the fact that Melbourne is my favourite city in the world. But if I could pick up Melbourne and dump it down in Antarctica, that might be good.

And I enjoy following the weather data on the Bureau of Meteorology's site more than I should. :drool:

Oh, if I could, I'd happily send you some of our winter. I hate it. HATE. I'd love to live in a more temperate area, like Vancouver or something. I love rain, too, so I'd fit in well there.

Oh, if I could, I'd happily send you some of our winter. I hate it. HATE. I'd love to live in a more temperate area, like Vancouver or something. I love rain, too, so I'd fit in well there.

I think the novelty of extreme cold would wear off rather quickly, but it would be nice to live somewhere with winters sufficiently cold to see snow sometimes (i.e. sufficiently regularly that it's not a huge rarity, but infrequently enough that it's a pleasant occurrence that retains a bit of novelty value) and summers where it's uncommon to get past 30C.

I think Hobart or somewhere else in Tasmania would suit me down to the ground, or just going back to New Zealand. Goddamnit, Melbourne, why are you on this side of Bass Strait rather than the other?

yeah, like Chass said, I bought about 50 of 'em a month or so back for my road trip from Texas to Indiana, cause my car has a cassette player, and my iPod was ( and due to laziness still is) out of commission. They were only a quarter each so that's...12.25 for a lot of music I've always wanted (plus a few things I already had but didn't mind buying a second time.) Now that I'm home, however, I'm ripping them all to my computer. It is a long, and very irritating process, and INXS is making it very difficult for me right now.

Because she found some awesome used music store that was practically giving them away.

But ... cassettes.

This coming from a guy who rarely sees the point in buying a physical copy of music in any format, though. Downloading for the SuperWin.

I think the novelty of extreme cold would wear off rather quickly, but it would be nice to live somewhere with winters sufficiently cold to see snow sometimes (i.e. sufficiently regularly that it's not a huge rarity, but infrequently enough that it's a pleasant occurrence that retains a bit of novelty value) and summers where it's uncommon to get past 30C.

I think Hobart or somewhere else in Tasmania would suit me down to the ground, or just going back to New Zealand. Goddamnit, Melbourne, why are you on this side of Bass Strait rather than the other?

:lmao: Ax, there's a random, medium sized city in Indiana called Hobart. I thought you just picked it out of a hat to move to. I was all ready to welcome you to the state :lol:

yeah, like Chass said, I bought about 50 of 'em a month or so back for my road trip from Texas to Indiana, cause my car has a cassette player, and my iPod was ( and due to laziness still is) out of commission. They were only a quarter each so that's...12.25 for a lot of music I've always wanted (plus a few things I already had but didn't mind buying a second time.)

Ahh, now that makes sense. My mother still has her collection of cassettes for use in her car.

Now that I'm home, however, I'm ripping them all to my computer. It is a long, and very irritating process, and INXS is making it very difficult for me right now.

Why not just download the albums rather than ripping them?

Ahh, now that makes sense. My mother still has her collection of cassettes for use in her car.

Why not just download the albums rather than ripping them?

I got sued by the RIAA last year, nothing came of it, but I'm scared to death of downloading now (as I say this, let me continue to download the ten or so albums of Bruce Springsteen outtakes Phanan linked me to earlier :lol: )

:lmao: Ax, there's a random, medium sized city in Indiana called Hobart. I thought you just picked it out of a hat to move to. I was all ready to welcome you to the state :lol:

:lol: Hobart is the capital of Tasmania. Pretty small city, I think its population is around 300,000.

I'm disappointed U2's never gone there to play Van Diemen's Land in the place its named after, but few overseas bands ever go to Tasmania so I'm not surprised.

I got sued by the RIAA last year, nothing came of it, but I'm scared to death of downloading now (as I say this, let me continue to download the ten or so albums of Bruce Springsteen outtakes Phanan linked me to earlier :lol: )

Ooh, right, that was you. Yeah, understandable then.

She's already been sued by the RIAA once, no sense tempting them again :lol:

One day, somebody's going to launch a counterclaim against the RIAA. Or their house of cards will collapse under the weight of a tide they can't fight. It'll be a glorious day.

I'm listening to the NYE Point Depot Lovetown show, and bloody hell, it must be the best I've ever heard U2 play. Like seriously, they've gone through the first thirteen songs practically without stopping!

Despite the conversation, I don't really know what the weather's like around where you guys are, but here it's almost my idea of perfection. Grey skies, the dewey scent of rain hanging around the trees, lights turned on around the main street prematurely, it's beautiful. :drool:

Why does everyone on Interference seem to like Genesis? I can't get my head around this - I thought the only guy who ever liked Genesis was Pat Bateman.

Why does everyone on Interference seem to like Genesis? I can't get my head around this - I thought the only guy who ever liked Genesis was Pat Bateman.

Genesis ala Peter Gabriel is pretty intersting

Genesis ala Phil Collins is fun

I really enjoy them

Our current weather is very hot and muggy. It's so humid that it's stifling, and it feels like you're in an oven.

In the winter it can be bitterly cold, and will snow occasionally, but usually not much (we did get 14 inches dumped on us in one day a few years ago though). We're more likely to get freezing rain (rain which freezes upon reaching the ground, covering everything it hits in ice) which is more dangerous than snow.

Autumn brings the nicest weather. It cools off but still stays mildly sunny.

Spring though... what the fuck, spring. The weather here doesn't know what spring is supposed to be. It just spends two months going from hot to cold and back again every few days. You can be wearing shorts and having your A/C on on Tuesday, but by Friday the heat's back on and you have to wear your coat to go out. It's ridiculous, and makes it impossible to make any plans.

Spring though... what the fuck, spring. The weather here doesn't know what spring is supposed to be. It just spends two months going from hot to cold and back again every few days. You can be wearing shorts and having your A/C on on Tuesday, but by Friday the heat's back on and you have to wear your coat to go out. It's ridiculous, and makes it impossible to make any plans.

Auckland.

:scream: NOOOO I did all that and it's STILL TWISTED !! :'( stupid cassette. Well no Listen Like Thieves I suppose :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom