Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at the end of the last thread ax posted some long rant about a/c and heating being for bloated americans, and several of us disagreed, yes, people live in extreme climates without these things, and yes, americans overheat and over aircon their homes and especially offices, but ax was over the top. then it got brought up again in this thread while he was gone, due to many of us saying things like "damn it's hot thank god for a/c" or (me) "damn it's hot if i had a/c i could be doing something more than lying in bed."

thanks!

If you mean me, I've called you out a few times to your "face". I just do not make a habit of it cos there's enough drama on the internets. You say a lot of really over the top and unsolicited things on here, and I think you do it without thinking about your audience. I don't think that makes you a bad person or anything close to that, but, it does cast you in an unflattering light when it occurs. :shrug: As for me, I'm all sorts of negative things, this I recognize.

ETA - For every bad thing I've said or implied about you, I've said 5 good things...Nobody is all good or all bad.

Except you, you piece of shit. You're totally useless. Fuck off.

You had taken it off?

And wanted to tell us, no less. Remember her purity score.

I have A/C on now for one simple reason: I can't use windows open and fans because it irritates my allergies. I'm allergic to anything that is nature, essentially. And I live in the western PA suburbs, which means my area is built into a forest. Thus, A/C.

If you mean me, I've called you out a few times to your "face". I just do not make a habit of it cos there's enough drama on the internets. You say a lot of really over the top and unsolicited things on here, and I think you do it without thinking about your audience. I don't think that makes you a bad person or anything close to that, but, it does cast you in an unflattering light when it occurs. :shrug: As for me, I'm all sorts of negative things, this I recognize.

ETA - For every bad thing I've said or implied about you, I've said 5 good things...Nobody is all good or all bad.

I mean everyone who was on the thread around post #350, so yes, including you. What I don't appreciate about the comments you made is that you had not even seen the discussion, but simply took a brief and somewhat misrepresentative summary of it and used that to draw a number of conclusions. Some of which, I should add, I readily accept, but some I don't believe you'd said to me before and I'd rather find out what people think of me by them telling me. I think it's fair to say that people who I slam outside of their presence already know exactly what I think about them and aren't about to be surprised if my comments somehow come back to them. I was, however, surprised by some of what I read from you guys and I didn't appreciate that.

I did laugh at "Axver rants about anything he does not have or need". I mean, there's truth in that, I accept that. I make it plain what I like and what I dislike, since I don't see any point in pretending otherwise; some people appreciate that and some people don't. That does mean some of my comments end up being hyperbolic and excessive. I've long since accepted that means I'm a divisive wanker.

And wanted to tell us, no less. Remember her purity score.

I have A/C on now for one simple reason: I can't use windows open and fans because it irritates my allergies. I'm allergic to anything that is nature, essentially. And I live in the western PA suburbs, which means my area is built into a forest. Thus, A/C.
i hear you. i'm allergic to grass.

GRASS.

i hear you. i'm allergic to grass.

GRASS.

Me too! :hi5:

On the bright side, I never have to mow lawns.

Then again, there's that bad side, which is that I work in baseball and thus come home every time I announce barely able to see because of the impact on my eyes. The whites of my eyes are gray from being bloodshot from March to September.

okay but that's still pretty vague. i mean, i know you certainly don't mean me since i was gone all weekend. but it's kinda not cool to be like "fuck yourselves" or whatever to everyone in general when you mean to address a specific person.

Fair point. It was intended for a number of people still on the thread. But to the rest of you, yeah, it was unfair, I apologise for that.

I mean everyone who was on the thread around post #350, so yes, including you. What I don't appreciate about the comments you made is that you had not even seen the discussion, but simply took a brief and somewhat misrepresentative summary of it and used that to draw a number of conclusions. Some of which, I should add, I readily accept, but some I don't believe you'd said to me before and I'd rather find out what people think of me by them telling me. I think it's fair to say that people who I slam outside of their presence already know exactly what I think about them and aren't about to be surprised if my comments somehow come back to them. I was, however, surprised by some of what I read from you guys and I didn't appreciate that.

I did laugh at "Axver rants about anything he does not have or need". I mean, there's truth in that, I accept that. I make it plain what I like and what I dislike, since I don't see any point in pretending otherwise; some people appreciate that and some people don't. That does mean some of my comments end up being hyperbolic and excessive. I've long since accepted that means I'm a divisive wanker.

Fair enough, Axver. Let's not let this go any further, ok? I think we all appreciate your honesty and directness, even if there are isolated times where someone takes umbrage.

Do not get mad at anyone else, though. I was the fountainhead and my comments were not intended to incite anything or gain favor, or agreement. I did mean what I said but I also recognize your positive attributes as well. I promise to never slam you again unless you are around to refute, ok? :)

Me too! :hi5:

On the bright side, I never have to mow lawns.

Then again, there's that bad side, which is that I work in baseball and thus come home every time I announce barely able to see because of the impact on my eyes. The whites of my eyes are gray from being bloodshot from March to September.
yeah, i know what you mean. in florida, i lived by a golf course! :uhoh: it's hard to tell if my sinuses were worse then or if they're worse now, since the climate here makes you prone to getting sinus infections. even people like my mom who've never had problems, have had sinus infections since moving here.

and yeah, it must suck when you're working in baseball. ugh.

yeah, i know what you mean. in florida, i lived by a golf course! :uhoh: it's hard to tell if my sinuses were worse then or if they're worse now, since the climate here makes you prone to getting sinus infections. even people like my mom who've never had problems, have had sinus infections since moving here.

and yeah, it must suck when you're working in baseball. ugh.

The worst is Saturday mornings, because the neighbors of the baseball fields mow their lawn about 40 feet from the field. Ugh. I have to sneeze.

i bet! ugh, it's making my chest all tight just thinking about that.

another allergy of mine: cigarette smoke.

oh that's awful.

i'm lucky, i'm very mildly allergic to dust and cat/dog hair, it makes me slightly itchy but i can basically ignore it. especially cat hair, cause i love kittehs. but somethign does make me sneeze a little in pollen season, again not that bad.

oh that's awful.

i'm lucky, i'm very mildly allergic to dust and cat/dog hair, it makes me slightly itchy but i can basically ignore it. especially cat hair, cause i love kittehs. but somethign does make me sneeze a little in pollen season, again not that bad.
yeah, especially since my dad smokes like a chimney :yuck: oh well, i don't let anyone smoke in my car (my car, my rules) so it's not so bad. plus my door's almost always closed so i'm only exposed to it when i'm around him.

yeah, that's not too bad. i remember when i used to be allergic to cats too :ugh: but now it's only long haired dogs, like my neighbour's shih tzus. :scream:

i swear i'm not some super sneezy person! i know what to avoid and stuff so unless it's allergy season, i'm usually not stuffed up at all.

I'm not allergic to animals or food. Just nature. Luckily, I hate nature, so it kind of works out.

Fair enough, Axver. Let's not let this go any further, ok? I think we all appreciate your honesty and directness, even if there are isolated times where someone takes umbrage.

Do not get mad at anyone else, though. I was the fountainhead and my comments were not intended to incite anything or gain favor, or agreement. I did mean what I said but I also recognize your positive attributes as well. I promise to never slam you again unless you are around to refute, ok? :)

Hey, if the context's valid, I've no problem if you want to slam me outside my presence, just as long as that's consistent with what you say to me. What irked me just now was less what was said and more how it seemed to be at odds with how those people had acted to me. I don't think it's unreasonable or abnormal to hope that people are consistent in what they say about you both when you are around and when you're not. I'm sure I fuck up with that repeatedly, but it's certainly a measure of consistency I personally aim to keep.

But fair enough, let's not drag down the thread. I would like to say before dropping this that I feel my core point has been overlooked by some people, and that is resource wastage. Use of resources is something that I think is imperative to cut down at every available opportunity in the world at the moment, and it's something I keep at the forefront of my mind. It's why I haven't used my heater or bought an electric blanket or even a hot water bottle yet this winter. Hell, I feel bad just turning on the lights in my house in the evening if it's not yet completely dark! So, yeah, I just wanted to say, that was my main point, not any "bloated Americans" anti-US hyperbole.

Anyway, I guess if I'm dropping this, I should shut up. Should've shut up before writing that last paragraph. But you guys know me ... :lol:

damn i just spilled half a cup of water on my bed

luckily it's hot and i'm not planning on sleeping for some time, as it is cool enough to move around and clean my room...which i should do soon.

but first, i think i want some ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom