Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See I used to live in Michigan City, which is a fairly decent city, I love it to death, but do to housing problems and school issues and such, we moved to Laporte, only 10 miles away, but very different. More of a small town feel.

Michigan City has an awesome 14 screen movie theater, but it costs $7
Laporte has a 4 screen theater, that is fairly old, but it costs $1.50 ($1 before 6:00PM)

So yes, you save a lot going to the Laporte theater, but quality wise you get what you pay for (but you're still seeing the SAME movie :lol: )

I see - I can't completely identify because we don't have too many 'cities' in Australia, I guess it depends on what qualifies as a city and I suppose Laporte doesn't - but funny you'd say it's of a 'small town' feel - to us it'd be more like a 'large' town.

That really doesn't sound like a bad deal at Laporte. I don't really notice any major changes in quality when watching a movie at one place or the other, as long as it's tolerable I'm fine with it (movies are/were sometimes shown at local Town Halls in the rural area I grew up in, often months after they'd stopped running in city theatres).

The midwest is great, I just prefer the northern midwest :)huh: )

I can't wait for my 21st birthday, just so that mostly all age restrictions will finally go away (but I still can't be president damnit :grumpy: )

I don't know, I heard rumors that LiveNation wants to do like a stadium only tour, I'm not into that idea at all. I like Arenas. Also, LiveNation like suddenly taking over the touring world is creeping me out a bit

Oh yes, closer to the water - I can understand.

:lol: Yeah, I'm afraid the first time you legally order a drink you're not asked to rule your country. :(

I'm concerned about that too, I mean it seems very capitalist in an industry that's become so independant in recent years. We'll see how things pan out, though.

Awesome. I'm 18 words off the word limit. Though the conclusion isn't written. I have some fat to trim from my argumentation, so once I do that, I should be able to fit in a conclusion without blowing the 10% leeway on the word limit.

But for now, I shall enjoy a glass of port.

Oh no! I used to live in Geebung! Then I moved to Yeronga and was suddenly hot and attractive! Now I live in Surrey Hills, Melbourne and rue the day I was denied my shot in the ring.

:lol: I've always loved the name Yeronga, and Yerongpilly too. Back when I lived up that way myself, my friends and I would always make lame "you're wrong, Pilly!" "but you're wronger!" jokes whenever we took the train from the Gold Coast to Brisbane and passed through that area.

Also, I didn't know you were a fellow Melburnian. For whatever reason, I was under the impression you were a Sydneysider.

Oh yes, closer to the water - I can understand.

:lol: Yeah, I'm afraid the first time you legally order a drink you're not asked to rule your country. :(

I'm concerned about that too, I mean it seems very capitalist in an industry that's become so independant in recent years. We'll see how things pan out, though.

Being able to see movies for such a low price is all that matters to me, I have an addiction :lol:

I guess maybe bodies of water are my Planes and Trains. I am kinda hard on other lakes though because I haven't seen one as big as Lake Michigan yet, so I always laugh when I see a fairly small lake and people act like it's a big deal. I just point out the fact that I can see the other side of their lake :lol:

I don't see why I can't go to my local bar and declare my plans to run the country. Seems like a good birthday to me.

Awesome. I'm 18 words off the word limit. Though the conclusion isn't written. I have some fat to trim from my argumentation, so once I do that, I should be able to fit in a conclusion without blowing the 10% leeway on the word limit.

But for now, I shall enjoy a glass of port.

:hi5:

Damn deceptive bottling! I thought I had between 2/3 and a full glass of port left, but I had barely over 1/3! I want more port.

Maybe I'll just settle for polishing off the bottle of red I have lying around. It looks like it has just over a glass left. If deceptive bottling holds true in its case too, it probably only has about 2/3 of a glass! :|

Good evening. :wave:

Sort of like how bags of potato chips are always filled with air to make them full, but really are only half filled.

Bonnie, WTAHNN says Edge says that the tour will start in Vegas in March :ohmy:!

They should totally start the tour in Brisvegas.

I don't normally advocate Queensland being lucky with regards to touring, but a Brisbane opening gig would suit me right down to the ground, since I have relatives on the Gold Coast and could inexpensively see the show. :up:

So, album October or November, tour in March.

Cool beans. Hopefully they don't fuck something up.

Sort of like how bags of potato chips are always filled with air to make them full, but really are only half filled.

That's probably like the #4 most popular complaint I get at Quiznos.

Speaking of complaints, last night I got a phone call at work:

Guy on Phone: Can I speak to a manager?
Me: Speaking
GOP: *pause* Today I came into your store and was given very poor service. I ordered a Large Chicken Carbona (actually pronounced Carbonara) that was supposed to be $5 and I asked for no mushrooms.
Me: Well sir, the Chicken Carbonara isn't one of the $5 subs, it's $7 for a large, but if you still have your reciept we can at least get you a new sandwich over the mushrooms
GOP: Actually I just want to change my order
Me: Ok?
GOP: I'd like a large...Fuck off *click*

Me: wtf?:ohmy:

So, album October or November, tour in March.

Cool beans. Hopefully they don't fuck something up.

"OH NOEZ WE DUN HAV A HIT SINGUL LETZ CALL IN LILLYWYTE AGEN!!11|!11eleventyoneweneedahitlikeOne"

"OH NOEZ WE DUN HAV A HIT SINGUL LETZ CALL IN LILLYWYTE AGEN!!11|!11eleventyoneweneedahitlikeOne"

:sad: But there HAZ to be a single. Otherwise where will the money for frivolous things like sunglasses, converse shoes, hair gel, and sarongs come from?

That's always a right piss-off. One reason I like Krispa brand chips back in New Zealand is that I feel their chips to empty air ratio isn't quite as bad as most other brands. Shame I can't get them in Australia and have to settle for being ripped off.

:sad: But there HAZ to be a single. Otherwise where will the money for frivolous things like sunglasses, converse shoes, hair gel, and sarongs come from?

Yeah, poor U2. The never-ending stream of royalties from JT and AB just can't buy enough mansions, Ferraris, and gold-plated toilets, can it?

So I went outside to get something out of my car, and noticed...it's beautiful outside. It's been so awfully stormy, and the Sun is actually out for now. So, I took a picture:

IMG00271.jpg

That's the house across the street, so then I decided to take a picture of my house

IMG00272.jpg

But by cutting off the left side of the picture it almost looks like I line in the woods, but I don't. There is another house right next door. God our house is old :lol:

You can never have enough gold-plated toilets

The next tour's stage will be a giant gold-plated toilet. Forget getting beeped into the ellipse. This time, everybody will want to get flushed into the bowl.

The next tour's stage will be a giant gold-plated toilet. Forget getting beeped into the ellipse. This time, everybody will want to get flushed into the bowl.

:lmao:

And maybe the band can float down to the stage on a giant hydrolic scrub brush while singing Gone.

Most of Bono's speeches will involve such witty puns as Flushing it all down the drain again, Crap/Piss, and Dangerous little devices Plungers

If Bono goes on for too long, hopefully Larry will just hit the appropriate button and flush Bono down the tubes.

I have to go into town to do one last shot for the English movie. Literally, one shot. Just my character, standing there. We forgot to do it, though, and we need it because it's referenced earlier in the scene. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom