Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"there is an extensive and (just as importantly) well priced wine list."

Well, that's got Ax's vote.

SuperWin.

Just as I sit down with some port before finishing my boring-as-all-hell essay too. I'm having a small bit of port now, then the rest once the essay's done.

"there is an extensive and (just as importantly) well priced wine list."

Well, that's got Ax's vote.

:laugh:

Funny cause it's 100% true...

I went "drinking" (went to the pub) with him the other day, and he only bought wine, which cost twice as much as a beer. But as he said, he'd much rather trust you with beer, seeing as you drink it regularly!

Which reminds me, by the way, what're your thoughts on a) Stella Artois, and b) Carlton Draught?

Just reading reviews of yum cha restaurants, and I find it hilarious that people actually complain about the service.

I mean honestly, they must've never been to Asia before - just getting a "hello, welcome" and "what would you like to drink?" is considered top class there. From my experience in little shops in Malaysia, "what do you want?" is the norm.

Besides, we all (all the Asians) know that people from Hong Kong who work in yum cha restaurants can't speak English and hate everyone.

I went "drinking" (went to the pub) with him the other day, and he only bought wine, which cost twice as much as a beer. But as he said, he'd much rather trust you with beer, seeing as you drink it regularly!

:lol: I'm genuinely keen on this place too, since multiple reviews positively mention its wine list and the interaction of the owner in helping to select a good wine to complement the meal.

And sure, wine costs twice as much as beer, but you can't just get class for free. Got to price out the plebs, you know. :wink:

:lol: I'm genuinely keen on this place too, since multiple reviews positively mention its wine list and the interaction of the owner in helping to select a good wine to complement the meal.

And sure, wine costs twice as much as beer, but you can't just get class for free. Got to price out the plebs, you know. :wink:

:lol: Class comes from style, style comes from spirit, and spirit comes from martial arts. Or at least, that's what people would have you believe about us Asian martial artists :wink:

I drink wine too, but only when it's free or I'm damned sure it's good. And when I have the money.

Which reminds me, by the way, what're your thoughts on a) Stella Artois, and b) Carlton Draught?

:lol: Yeah, I figured he'd be a bit like that. Oh well, I can be worse if there's a boutique beer in the fridge that I haven't tried.

Stella is a popular choice, it's my mother's favourite beer, even! But I think there are similar tasting lagers that are cheaper. There's something about the taste that I don't totally dig.

I can't remember what Carlton Draught tastes like, I think it's slightly better than the average ocker beer but nothing special?

All right, I'm gonna head off and study some Greek, so why don't you, Ax and Bonnie, decide when and where we're gonna eat, and let me know?

Bye everyone! :wave: I might be back later :shifty:

Why am I still awake :ohmy: Oh yeah....cassette ripping and Bruce downloading that's why. :sigh: I have no real life :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I figured he'd be a bit like that. Oh well, I can be worse if there's a boutique beer in the fridge that I haven't tried.

Stella is a popular choice, it's my mother's favourite beer, even! But I think there are similar tasting lagers that are cheaper. There's something about the taste that I don't totally dig.

I can't remember what Carlton Draught tastes like, I think it's slightly better than the average ocker beer but nothing special?

I was certainly hesitant on joining in on the beer since I figure Carlton Draught is one of those run-of-the-mill labels making unsophisticated beer for the drunk masses by the truckload. I'm not familiar with Stella though.

What beers do you recommend?

All right, I'm gonna head off and study some Greek, so why don't you, Ax and Bonnie, decide when and where we're gonna eat, and let me know?

Bye everyone! :wave: I might be back later :shifty:

Actually, I really should be heading off to finish this essay too. :sigh:

Oh no! I used to live in Geebung! Then I moved to Yeronga and was suddenly hot and attractive! Now I live in Surrey Hills, Melbourne and rue the day I was denied my shot in the ring.

I was certainly hesitant on joining in on the beer since I figure Carlton Draught is one of those run-of-the-mill labels making unsophisticated beer for the drunk masses by the truckload. I'm not familiar with Stella though.

What beers do you recommend?

Basically anything Australian and regularly on tap is an unsophisticated beer for the drunk masses. A few Cooper's options are exceptions - they're still for the drunk masses, but are also enjoyed by some experts. You can also find some more independant Australian brews like Blue Tongue lager that are pretty nice.

I enjoy a Heineken, and they're almost always on tap. Very run of the mill, probably the most well known beer in the world and a lot of people think it tastes crap, but really I've never found that big a problem with it. Similar thing with Grolsch, Peroni and such. Unless you become an elitist none of those should be of real offence to you. Almost anything from Germany is good. Ditto Belgium, but you usually find Belgian ales on tap at specialty bars.

No kidding? :yikes: You're braver than I am!

Indiana... ah, so you're not near Nevada, then. Was wondering if you were a chance to see them play the first shows next year.

Though Indiana is still pretty cool, my American cousins live in Michigan so that's not too far away!

Indiana is one of the lamest places on earth :lol: But I happen to live in northwest Indiana, which is above the law and awesomeness because it's on Lake Michigan, a pretty badass lake if I do say so myself.

Anyways, I'm thinking if the show is anywhere near Spring Break, I'm going. I doubt I'll have been to Vegas before then, and I turn 21 this September. Then again, I probably wont' go. I guess it all just depends on how much money I can save up before tickets go on sale.

Here's hoping LiveNation doesn't screw everything up with this tour :lol:

Ooo One more bill payment with my debit card and I'll have enough points for a $25 AMC movie theater gift card. Too bad tehre aren't any AMC theaters around here :grumpy:

But there is a $1.50 movie theater around the corner. That makes me so happy

Indiana is one of the lamest places on earth :lol: But I happen to live in northwest Indiana, which is above the law and awesomeness because it's on Lake Michigan, a pretty badass lake if I do say so myself.

Anyways, I'm thinking if the show is anywhere near Spring Break, I'm going. I doubt I'll have been to Vegas before then, and I turn 21 this September. Then again, I probably wont' go. I guess it all just depends on how much money I can save up before tickets go on sale.

Here's hoping LiveNation doesn't screw everything up with this tour :lol:

Indiana doesn't look like a bad place to me. I wouldn't mind living there, along with other states in the Midwest.

Oh yes, I almost forgot you guys have to be 21 to have more fun. :ohmy: Anyway, we'll see what happens I guess!

Is there a chance LiveNation could fuck things up? I don't really know their history.

Ooo One more bill payment with my debit card and I'll have enough points for a $25 AMC movie theater gift card. Too bad tehre aren't any AMC theaters around here :grumpy:

But there is a $1.50 movie theater around the corner. That makes me so happy

Ooh, cool. And $1.50 movie theatre? Is that what I think it is? Doesn't it usually cost a small fortune to watch a movie like it does here?

Ooh, cool. And $1.50 movie theatre? Is that what I think it is? Doesn't it usually cost a small fortune to watch a movie like it does here?

See I used to live in Michigan City, which is a fairly decent city, I love it to death, but do to housing problems and school issues and such, we moved to Laporte, only 10 miles away, but very different. More of a small town feel.

Michigan City has an awesome 14 screen movie theater, but it costs $7
Laporte has a 4 screen theater, that is fairly old, but it costs $1.50 ($1 before 6:00PM)

So yes, you save a lot going to the Laporte theater, but quality wise you get what you pay for (but you're still seeing the SAME movie :lol: )

Indiana doesn't look like a bad place to me. I wouldn't mind living there, along with other states in the Midwest.

Oh yes, I almost forgot you guys have to be 21 to have more fun. :ohmy: Anyway, we'll see what happens I guess!

Is there a chance LiveNation could fuck things up? I don't really know their history.

The midwest is great, I just prefer the northern midwest :)huh: )

I can't wait for my 21st birthday, just so that mostly all age restrictions will finally go away (but I still can't be president damnit :grumpy: )

I don't know, I heard rumors that LiveNation wants to do like a stadium only tour, I'm not into that idea at all. I like Arenas. Also, LiveNation like suddenly taking over the touring world is creeping me out a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom