Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange. And $62 for that, I'm more than happy to pay - it'd be over $100 anywhere here, easy!

And now it is loading. :huh:

Yeah, I can see that suiting you.

And I'm just a monumental stinge.

I have these UF demos but I have no idea of their source or lineage. The instrumental Pride may just be from a soundcheck. But the Wire demo is absolutely fascinating.

As for UF, have you heard Edge's Captive soundtrack? Fits perfectly with that era, especially instrumentals like Bass Trap and Boomerang I.

Nope. Pretty much I have nothing extra U2-wise but a few 00s b-sides, TJT bonus disc, and that one BBC concert from 78?
As it is, I only just got the last two albums of theirs I didn't have (October and R&H)

While sitting in an easy chair in a red satin robe smoking a pipe.

:laugh:

I can see me listening to metal in an easy chair in a red satin robe smoking a pipe, observing that "the composition of this song is truly remarkable; the emphatic vocals are complemented by unconventionally composed riffs that evoke a uniquely captivating atmosphere of vast, grandiose soundscapes."

:laugh:

I can see me listening to metal in an easy chair in a red satin robe smoking a pipe, observing that "the composition of this song is truly remarkable; the emphatic vocals are complemented by unconventionally composed riffs that evoke a uniquely captivating atmosphere of vast, grandiose soundscapes."

Oh God :lmao: that got a for real laugh out loud. God :lmao:

So I ended up getting stuck in looking at restuarants on the internet and now I've discovered that there are Sudanese, South African and Jamaican restaurants in Adelaide... I can't wait to try them!

So I ended up getting stuck in looking at restuarants on the internet and now I've discovered that there are Sudanese, South African and Jamaican restaurants in Adelaide... I can't wait to try them!

:up: Find anything good round Melbourne? I'm beginning to get worried about Lambs...

Nope. Pretty much I have nothing extra U2-wise but a few 00s b-sides, TJT bonus disc, and that one BBC concert from 78?
As it is, I only just got the last two albums of theirs I didn't have (October and R&H)

That BBC Concert is NOT real. Some idiot maliciously or otherwise mislabelled the early demos. Its tracks are from the April 1978 and February 1979 sessions for the most part, with odds and ends from elsewhere.

That BBC Concert is NOT real. Some idiot maliciously or otherwise mislabelled the early demos. Its tracks are from the April 1978 and February 1979 sessions for the most part, with odds and ends from elsewhere.

:banghead: Jesus Christ

Well, all I care from it really anyways is Street Mission. *reminds self to retag songs later*

Well, all I care from it really anyways is Street Mission. *reminds self to retag songs later*

Oh yes, that's right, the "BBC Concert" also has the 1 November 1978 session which was officially released on iTunes as part of the Complete U2 package.

Personally, I've always maintained that The Dream Is Over and Lost On A Silent Planet (Life On A Distant Planet, The Magic Carpet, Judith, whatever you want to call it) are great songs, better than numerous songs on U2's albums. I'd rather listen to them than most of what U2's released this decade.

Oops, sorry about that. :silent: I mean, for all I know it could be as good as you've said it is.

There is a place, called "Flora" I think? Seems to be in the city area, it's Indian and recommended.

Yep, just found it on the site. Interesting... Ax, up for curry?

Also, a tip for those looking for good Chinese food: if there aren't many Chinese people actually eating in the place, then be very suspicious.

Yep, just found it on the site. Interesting... Ax, up for curry?

Not sure how keen I am on curry, partly because I probably haven't had any good curry in years upon years. Mum and Alan make curry sometimes that I rather dislike, though the rest of the family enjoys it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom