Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening to the NYE Point Depot Lovetown show, and bloody hell, it must be the best I've ever heard U2 play. Like seriously, they've gone through the first thirteen songs practically without stopping!

I'd say the show five days earlier on 26/12/89 is even better. Quite possibly the highest peak of U2's career.

Why does everyone on Interference seem to like Genesis? I can't get my head around this - I thought the only guy who ever liked Genesis was Pat Bateman.

I hate Genesis and give them a substantial portion of the blame for the backlash against prog rock. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is one of the worst prog albums I've heard in my life.

I'd say the show five days earlier on 26/12/89 is even better. Quite possibly the highest peak of U2's career.

That must be quite a show Ax. I can't remember if I downloaded it once or not. I periodically lose all of my music, so I can't check :(

I hate Genesis and give them a substantial portion of the blame for the backlash against prog rock. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is one of the worst prog albums I've heard in my life.

Peter Gabriel Genesis or Phil Genesis?

That must be quite a show Ax. I can't remember if I downloaded it once or not. I periodically lose all of my music, so I can't check :(

It's the one that has the One Tree Hill performance that I rave about all the time as the best thing U2 or anybody else has ever done. It also has the best Streets ever.

As far as the Point Depot shows go, I think the NYE show is actually quite possibly the weakest, or at least tied with 27/12. 26/12 and 30/12 are mindblowingly sensational, while 27/12 and 31/12 are a notch below (which means they're still better than the entire Elevation Tour combined).

I've only listened to Gabriel-era Genesis. I have no desire to listen to non-prog Phail Collins-era Genesis.

I figured, but I asked because, I've heard a few people listen to Collins-era, knowing that Genesis are supposed to be "prog" and afterwards going, what was so progressive about that?

Hey, while we've got both of you here, Bonnie and U-Wen, shall we try to figure out a date for our Interference dinner at that Greek place, Lambs or whatever it's called?

How long have you been learning Greek, U-Wen?

Just this semester - it's New Testament (Koine) Greek, and it's really basic stuff, but fun, but also a bitch to study for. I just want to translate, not be able to construct complex sentences, etc!

Soo, my add all night has been a United Vacations package to Australia. I think they're on to the thread

"A week away Down Under? No worries! 8-day trips to Australia from the East Coast starting at $1499.

Hop to it mate!"

Does that mean aftewards you're done? If that were the case at least that's good eh?

This is correct, although at the moment the impending doom is kinda blocking that out. I expect I'll be a lot happier once I've finished the essay and sat the exam tomorrow.

Just tired of things, really. I have an essay to finish off, a Greek exam tomorrow, a Psych exam on Thursday and I just don't care about them at all.

What do you have left to do? I've got an essay due Tuesday I'm about to finish after dinner (and will leave Interference until it's done), then two more due on the 20th (including the Terrorism one), and an exam on the 23rd and that's it. 24/06 will fucking rock. Or maybe 23/06's evening will, since I imagine I'll buy some booze to celebrate.

This is correct, although at the moment the impending doom is kinda blocking that out. I expect I'll be a lot happier once I've finished the essay and sat the exam tomorrow.

Yeah, it's rough. That last week of finals for me this semester was killing me inside. I felt overwhelmingly good afterwards.

Hey, while we've got both of you here, Bonnie and U-Wen, shall we try to figure out a date for our Interference dinner at that Greek place, Lambs or whatever it's called?

Lambs? Hells yeah! I'm good pretty much any day that week, except that I finish class at 1 each day. So it'll be 1pm + however long it takes me to get from Whitley College on Royal Parade to Lygon Street... which I leave up to you to tell me, Mr Tram Man. :wink:

What do you have left to do? I've got an essay due Tuesday I'm about to finish after dinner (and will leave Interference until it's done), then two more due on the 20th (including the Terrorism one), and an exam on the 23rd and that's it. 24/06 will fucking rock. Or maybe 23/06's evening will, since I imagine I'll buy some booze to celebrate.

I finished the Terrorism essay in one sitting, thank God for that, and now I've got to finish an essay on "the role of theology in the church", giving "a specific focus to one aspect of theology".

Then I have an exam tomorrow, on the Queen's Birthday Holiday :madspit: and one on Thursday.

I'm gonna eat, be back soonish. Just to clarify, I am definitely good for any time that week after 1pm!

Ax, I've been meaning to tell you:

The other day while I was out at a train yard (Barnes and Noble child's play area) I witnessed a terrible train derailment. The driver (My little brother) decided to go full speed down a hill, and when it hit the turn the entire thing jumped the tracks. It was awful. Just awful.:

IMG00255.jpg

Lambs? Hells yeah! I'm good pretty much any day that week, except that I finish class at 1 each day. So it'll be 1pm + however long it takes me to get from Whitley College on Royal Parade to Lygon Street... which I leave up to you to tell me, Mr Tram Man. :wink:

Actually, you would be best off walking. When I go to Lygon Street, I ride the 55 on Flemington Road to Grattan Street and then simply walk across Royal Parade, past uni, and over to Lygon Street. Though probably riding the 19 along Royal Parade from wherever Whitley College is to Grattan Street would be a smart move.

And I thought we'd be doing something in the evening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom