Geebung, Queensland Superthread - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2008, 05:49 AM   #121
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
"there is an extensive and (just as importantly) well priced wine list."

Well, that's got Ax's vote.
SuperWin.

Just as I sit down with some port before finishing my boring-as-all-hell essay too. I'm having a small bit of port now, then the rest once the essay's done.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 05:49 AM   #122
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
"there is an extensive and (just as importantly) well priced wine list."

Well, that's got Ax's vote.

Funny cause it's 100% true...

I went "drinking" (went to the pub) with him the other day, and he only bought wine, which cost twice as much as a beer. But as he said, he'd much rather trust you with beer, seeing as you drink it regularly!

Which reminds me, by the way, what're your thoughts on a) Stella Artois, and b) Carlton Draught?

Old 06-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Just reading reviews of yum cha restaurants, and I find it hilarious that people actually complain about the service.

I mean honestly, they must've never been to Asia before - just getting a "hello, welcome" and "what would you like to drink?" is considered top class there. From my experience in little shops in Malaysia, "what do you want?" is the norm.

Besides, we all (all the Asians) know that people from Hong Kong who work in yum cha restaurants can't speak English and hate everyone.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:55 AM   #124
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post

I went "drinking" (went to the pub) with him the other day, and he only bought wine, which cost twice as much as a beer. But as he said, he'd much rather trust you with beer, seeing as you drink it regularly!
I'm genuinely keen on this place too, since multiple reviews positively mention its wine list and the interaction of the owner in helping to select a good wine to complement the meal.

And sure, wine costs twice as much as beer, but you can't just get class for free. Got to price out the plebs, you know.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 05:58 AM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'm genuinely keen on this place too, since multiple reviews positively mention its wine list and the interaction of the owner in helping to select a good wine to complement the meal.

And sure, wine costs twice as much as beer, but you can't just get class for free. Got to price out the plebs, you know.
Class comes from style, style comes from spirit, and spirit comes from martial arts. Or at least, that's what people would have you believe about us Asian martial artists

I drink wine too, but only when it's free or I'm damned sure it's good. And when I have the money.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:00 AM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:11 PM
Quote:

Which reminds me, by the way, what're your thoughts on a) Stella Artois, and b) Carlton Draught?
Yeah, I figured he'd be a bit like that. Oh well, I can be worse if there's a boutique beer in the fridge that I haven't tried.

Stella is a popular choice, it's my mother's favourite beer, even! But I think there are similar tasting lagers that are cheaper. There's something about the taste that I don't totally dig.

I can't remember what Carlton Draught tastes like, I think it's slightly better than the average ocker beer but nothing special?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 AM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

All right, I'm gonna head off and study some Greek, so why don't you, Ax and Bonnie, decide when and where we're gonna eat, and let me know?

Bye everyone! I might be back later
Old 06-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #128
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:41 AM
Why am I still awake Oh yeah....cassette ripping and Bruce downloading that's why. I have no real life
Old 06-08-2008, 06:07 AM   #129
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, I figured he'd be a bit like that. Oh well, I can be worse if there's a boutique beer in the fridge that I haven't tried.

Stella is a popular choice, it's my mother's favourite beer, even! But I think there are similar tasting lagers that are cheaper. There's something about the taste that I don't totally dig.

I can't remember what Carlton Draught tastes like, I think it's slightly better than the average ocker beer but nothing special?
I was certainly hesitant on joining in on the beer since I figure Carlton Draught is one of those run-of-the-mill labels making unsophisticated beer for the drunk masses by the truckload. I'm not familiar with Stella though.

What beers do you recommend?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #130
Vocal parasite

Quote:
All right, I'm gonna head off and study some Greek, so why don't you, Ax and Bonnie, decide when and where we're gonna eat, and let me know?

Bye everyone! I might be back later
Actually, I really should be heading off to finish this essay too.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 06:19 AM   #131
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Actually, I really should be heading off to finish this essay too.
So with this place getting quiet, I guess I shall. This will be so boring.

Back once it's done.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 06:23 AM   #132
Blue Crack Distributor

Good luck Axver! I know you'll do well
Old 06-08-2008, 06:50 AM   #133
War Child

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Oh no! I used to live in Geebung! Then I moved to Yeronga and was suddenly hot and attractive! Now I live in Surrey Hills, Melbourne and rue the day I was denied my shot in the ring.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:11 PM
Quote:
I was certainly hesitant on joining in on the beer since I figure Carlton Draught is one of those run-of-the-mill labels making unsophisticated beer for the drunk masses by the truckload. I'm not familiar with Stella though.

What beers do you recommend?
Basically anything Australian and regularly on tap is an unsophisticated beer for the drunk masses. A few Cooper's options are exceptions - they're still for the drunk masses, but are also enjoyed by some experts. You can also find some more independant Australian brews like Blue Tongue lager that are pretty nice.

I enjoy a Heineken, and they're almost always on tap. Very run of the mill, probably the most well known beer in the world and a lot of people think it tastes crap, but really I've never found that big a problem with it. Similar thing with Grolsch, Peroni and such. Unless you become an elitist none of those should be of real offence to you. Almost anything from Germany is good. Ditto Belgium, but you usually find Belgian ales on tap at specialty bars.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

Bonnie, WTAHNN says Edge says that the tour will start in Vegas in March !

Tags
superthread