Geebung, Queensland Superthread - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2008, 05:19 AM   #76
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
So, as I said earlier, I'm downloading Bruce outtakes. There's so very much. Is there anything out there like this for U2? I never did get to download the iTunes package, so maybe I missed out on stuff like this, but I love unreleased stuff
Do you mean unreleased material including demo sessions and songs never officially released, or just out-takes of songs we already know from the albums?
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:20 AM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 11:28 AM
Work to do.


I'm seriously going to fuck off now
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:20 AM   #78
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Do you mean unreleased material including demo sessions and songs never officially released, or just out-takes of songs we already know from the albums?
All of that. I don't know how to really classify those things.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:21 AM   #79
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
Interesting, I never knew that. Well, if you guys are game, I'm more than happy to try something else, just in case.

I mean, don't forget, I am Asian, so my idea of good Greek food is probably somewhat lacking to begin with.
I'm clueless when it comes to Greek food, so I'll agree to just about anywhere.

And despite your heritage, sometimes you seem whiter than me!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:24 AM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'm clueless when it comes to Greek food, so I'll agree to just about anywhere.

And despite your heritage, sometimes you seem whiter than me!
I am whiter than a lot of people expect. That being said, I sometimes wonder about myself - I seriously am a mess of contradictions a lot of the time, especially culturally (I mean, an Asian guy who loves Chinese history, tradition and martial arts, but tries to stick to the chivalric code, doesn't like Asian people and prefers white food?!)
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:25 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Also, what do people reckon of the new coat I'm about to buy?



It's an Asian-sized and -trend cut, which is hard to find round these parts sometimes, so that's good. Plus it's US$62, which is a bargain. Thoughts?

And yes, my waist is actually that thin.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:26 AM   #82
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
All of that. I don't know how to really classify those things.
OK, off the top of my head, there are:

April 1978 demos: pure rubbish besides Trevor, but they bring the lulz.
November 1978 demos: released on iTunes.
February 1979 demos: best pre-Boy material, though oddly its worst track, the early Twilight, became Another Day's b-side.
Mid-1979: Demo of A Day Without Me.
December 1979: The Dream Is Over, from the Another Day sessions.
Boy Tour: We have poor quality live versions of Father Is An Elephant and Carry Me Home. They were never even recorded.
1982?: Be There, of imprecisely known lineage.
War and UF sessions: Demos of various songs are floating around, plus an untitled UF-era instrumental that I've given the title of Flicker And Fade
January 1986 TV Ga Ga live appearance: Womanfish and early TTYW.
25 April 1987, San Francisco soundcheck: My Time Hasn't Come, Move Out.
November 1987 (and subsequent live performances): She's A Mystery To Me.
1988?: Wild Irish Rose.
1990: Axtung Beibi out-takes.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:28 AM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Wow, sounds like Adelaide has something over Melbourne - there's an Indian restaurant almost everywhere here (and I love it!).
There are lots of Indian restaurants, but I've not eaten at any of them and so am naturally suspicious.

Also, for some reason I'm not sure if there are many in the city.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:28 AM   #84
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
I am whiter than a lot of people expect. That being said, I sometimes wonder about myself - I seriously am a mess of contradictions a lot of the time, especially culturally (I mean, an Asian guy who loves Chinese history, tradition and martial arts, but tries to stick to the chivalric code, doesn't like Asian people and prefers white food?!)
I find myself to be rather contradictory too, but in a different sense: I'm a walking, talking academic stereotype ... who liberally swears, is way too over-enthusiastic about rugby, and listens to metal. Come on.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:28 AM   #85
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
OK, off the top of my head, there are:

April 1978 demos: pure rubbish besides Trevor, but they bring the lulz.
November 1978 demos: released on iTunes.
February 1979 demos: best pre-Boy material, though oddly its worst track, the early Twilight, became Another Day's b-side.
Mid-1979: Demo of A Day Without Me.
December 1979: The Dream Is Over, from the Another Day sessions.
Boy Tour: We have poor quality live versions of Father Is An Elephant and Carry Me Home. They were never even recorded.
1982?: Be There, of imprecisely known lineage.
War and UF sessions: Demos of various songs are floating around, plus an untitled UF-era instrumental that I've given the title of Flicker And Fade
January 1986 TV Ga Ga live appearance: Womanfish and early TTYW.
25 April 1987, San Francisco soundcheck: My Time Hasn't Come, Move Out.
November 1987 (and subsequent live performances): She's A Mystery To Me.
1988?: Wild Irish Rose.
1990: Axtung Beibi out-takes.
How do I miss these things!
Mostly I'd really only be interesting in the late 80s stuff, I'm not quite the fan of Boy And really, I'm just always looking for anything extra from TUF. wow.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:28 AM   #86
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
Also, what do people reckon of the new coat I'm about to buy?



It's an Asian-sized and -trend cut, which is hard to find round these parts sometimes, so that's good. Plus it's US$62, which is a bargain. Thoughts?

And yes, my waist is actually that thin.
Picture doesn't show up for me. And to me, $62 is a fucking rort!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:29 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
January 1986 TV Ga Ga live appearance: Womanfish and early TTYW.
Ok kids, time for the sing-along:

IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
IN THIS TOWN
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:30 AM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I find myself to be rather contradictory too, but in a different sense: I'm a walking, talking academic stereotype ... who liberally swears, is way too over-enthusiastic about rugby, and listens to metal. Come on.
Yeah, there is that about you, which really does confuse people.

__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:30 AM   #89
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
How do I miss these things!
Mostly I'd really only be interesting in the late 80s stuff, I'm not quite the fan of Boy And really, I'm just always looking for anything extra from TUF. wow.
I have these UF demos but I have no idea of their source or lineage. The instrumental Pride may just be from a soundcheck. But the Wire demo is absolutely fascinating.

As for UF, have you heard Edge's Captive soundtrack? Fits perfectly with that era, especially instrumentals like Bass Trap and Boomerang I.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:32 AM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Picture doesn't show up for me. And to me, $62 is a fucking rort!
Strange. And $62 for that, I'm more than happy to pay - it'd be over $100 anywhere here, easy!
__________________

__________________
major_panic is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com