Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ax, I've been meaning to tell you:

The other day while I was out at a train yard (Barnes and Noble child's play area) I witnessed a terrible train derailment. The driver (My little brother) decided to go full speed down a hill, and when it hit the turn the entire thing jumped the tracks. It was awful. Just awful.:

IMG00255.jpg

OH THE HUMANITY!

I hope nobody died in this horrible disaster! :sad:

:lmao: Ashley!

That reminds me of when my friend Steven (age 20, by the way!) made a video of himself playing with his toy train, he had the loop of track set up on a big board balanced between his desk and dresser, and the train was going round and round, way faster than it should've been... and then he did something or other and switched the track in the wrong place, and the train FLEW off the track and slammed into the wall and broke.

It was fantastic.

Not Henry!

As if he weren't enough:

That crazed driver escaped custody, he then attempted to take that same hill at full speed a second time. Thomas has had to seek therapy in his attempts to recover from this second tragedy:

IMG00258.jpg

:lmao: Ashley!

That reminds me of when my friend Steven (age 20, by the way!) made a video of himself playing with his toy train, he had the loop of track set up on a big board balanced between his desk and dresser, and the train was going round and round, way faster than it should've been... and then he did something or other and switched the track in the wrong place, and the train FLEW off the track and slammed into the wall and broke.

It was fantastic.

:lmao:

When I was younger, I had too much fun setting up elaborate accidents with my toy trains ...

:lmao:

When I was younger, I had too much fun setting up elaborate accidents with my toy trains ...

amidst taking pictures to show you the carnage later, I couldn't help but notice how frequently he derailed the trains. I hope I don't have a trainaphobe on my hands :ohmy:

Absolutely kebab-ulous - Epicure - www.theage.com.au

Alright, this doesn't sound too promising, they say Lambs makes the worst meal of the lot. So yeah, I'm going to trust you U-Wen (especially since I wasn't going to have any lamb anyway), but it's kind of interesting. Guess sometimes you can get a bad yiros from a usually reliable place, that's happened a lot of times.

I'm glad I'm eating dinner right now, because otherwise this article would be making me seriously hungry! Interesting reading too. Going to have to try some of these.

I'm only doing it because I want to make the most of my time in Melbourne, I swear! :lol:

I'm sure you'd appreciate stuff on Sydney Road, which is about a 20 minute walk from me. Plenty of Middle Eastern stuff around there. Though I haven't ever really hung out on Sydney Road or been to anything there, so I can't help with recommendations.

So, as I said earlier, I'm downloading Bruce outtakes. There's so very much. Is there anything out there like this for U2? I never did get to download the iTunes package, so maybe I missed out on stuff like this, but I love unreleased stuff :lol:

Absolutely kebab-ulous - Epicure - www.theage.com.au

Alright, this doesn't sound too promising, they say Lambs makes the worst meal of the lot. So yeah, I'm going to trust you U-Wen (especially since I wasn't going to have any lamb anyway), but it's kind of interesting. Guess sometimes you can get a bad yiros from a usually reliable place, that's happened a lot of times.

Interesting, I never knew that. Well, if you guys are game, I'm more than happy to try something else, just in case.

I mean, don't forget, I am Asian, so my idea of good Greek food is probably somewhat lacking to begin with.

So, as I said earlier, I'm downloading Bruce outtakes. There's so very much. Is there anything out there like this for U2? I never did get to download the iTunes package, so maybe I missed out on stuff like this, but I love unreleased stuff :lol:

Do you mean unreleased material including demo sessions and songs never officially released, or just out-takes of songs we already know from the albums?

Do you mean unreleased material including demo sessions and songs never officially released, or just out-takes of songs we already know from the albums?

All of that. I don't know how to really classify those things.

Interesting, I never knew that. Well, if you guys are game, I'm more than happy to try something else, just in case.

I mean, don't forget, I am Asian, so my idea of good Greek food is probably somewhat lacking to begin with.

I'm clueless when it comes to Greek food, so I'll agree to just about anywhere.

And despite your heritage, sometimes you seem whiter than me! :laugh:

I'm clueless when it comes to Greek food, so I'll agree to just about anywhere.

And despite your heritage, sometimes you seem whiter than me! :laugh:

I am whiter than a lot of people expect. That being said, I sometimes wonder about myself - I seriously am a mess of contradictions a lot of the time, especially culturally (I mean, an Asian guy who loves Chinese history, tradition and martial arts, but tries to stick to the chivalric code, doesn't like Asian people and prefers white food?!)

Also, what do people reckon of the new coat I'm about to buy?

l_p1010727351.jpg

It's an Asian-sized and -trend cut, which is hard to find round these parts sometimes, so that's good. Plus it's US$62, which is a bargain. Thoughts?

And yes, my waist is actually that thin. :huh:

All of that. I don't know how to really classify those things.

OK, off the top of my head, there are:

April 1978 demos: pure rubbish besides Trevor, but they bring the lulz.
November 1978 demos: released on iTunes.
February 1979 demos: best pre-Boy material, though oddly its worst track, the early Twilight, became Another Day's b-side.
Mid-1979: Demo of A Day Without Me.
December 1979: The Dream Is Over, from the Another Day sessions.
Boy Tour: We have poor quality live versions of Father Is An Elephant and Carry Me Home. They were never even recorded.
1982?: Be There, of imprecisely known lineage.
War and UF sessions: Demos of various songs are floating around, plus an untitled UF-era instrumental that I've given the title of Flicker And Fade
January 1986 TV Ga Ga live appearance: Womanfish and early TTYW.
25 April 1987, San Francisco soundcheck: My Time Hasn't Come, Move Out.
November 1987 (and subsequent live performances): She's A Mystery To Me.
1988?: Wild Irish Rose.
1990: Axtung Beibi out-takes.

Wow, sounds like Adelaide has something over Melbourne - there's an Indian restaurant almost everywhere here (and I love it!).

There are lots of Indian restaurants, but I've not eaten at any of them and so am naturally suspicious. :shifty:

Also, for some reason I'm not sure if there are many in the city.

I am whiter than a lot of people expect. That being said, I sometimes wonder about myself - I seriously am a mess of contradictions a lot of the time, especially culturally (I mean, an Asian guy who loves Chinese history, tradition and martial arts, but tries to stick to the chivalric code, doesn't like Asian people and prefers white food?!)

I find myself to be rather contradictory too, but in a different sense: I'm a walking, talking academic stereotype ... who liberally swears, is way too over-enthusiastic about rugby, and listens to metal. Come on.

OK, off the top of my head, there are:

April 1978 demos: pure rubbish besides Trevor, but they bring the lulz.
November 1978 demos: released on iTunes.
February 1979 demos: best pre-Boy material, though oddly its worst track, the early Twilight, became Another Day's b-side.
Mid-1979: Demo of A Day Without Me.
December 1979: The Dream Is Over, from the Another Day sessions.
Boy Tour: We have poor quality live versions of Father Is An Elephant and Carry Me Home. They were never even recorded.
1982?: Be There, of imprecisely known lineage.
War and UF sessions: Demos of various songs are floating around, plus an untitled UF-era instrumental that I've given the title of Flicker And Fade
January 1986 TV Ga Ga live appearance: Womanfish and early TTYW.
25 April 1987, San Francisco soundcheck: My Time Hasn't Come, Move Out.
November 1987 (and subsequent live performances): She's A Mystery To Me.
1988?: Wild Irish Rose.
1990: Axtung Beibi out-takes.

:ohmy: How do I miss these things!
Mostly I'd really only be interesting in the late 80s stuff, I'm not quite the fan of Boy :huh: And really, I'm just always looking for anything extra from TUF. wow.

Also, what do people reckon of the new coat I'm about to buy?

l_p1010727351.jpg

It's an Asian-sized and -trend cut, which is hard to find round these parts sometimes, so that's good. Plus it's US$62, which is a bargain. Thoughts?

And yes, my waist is actually that thin. :huh:

Picture doesn't show up for me. And to me, $62 is a fucking rort!

I find myself to be rather contradictory too, but in a different sense: I'm a walking, talking academic stereotype ... who liberally swears, is way too over-enthusiastic about rugby, and listens to metal. Come on.

Yeah, there is that about you, which really does confuse people.

:hi5:

:ohmy: How do I miss these things!
Mostly I'd really only be interesting in the late 80s stuff, I'm not quite the fan of Boy :huh: And really, I'm just always looking for anything extra from TUF. wow.

I have these UF demos but I have no idea of their source or lineage. The instrumental Pride may just be from a soundcheck. But the Wire demo is absolutely fascinating.

As for UF, have you heard Edge's Captive soundtrack? Fits perfectly with that era, especially instrumentals like Bass Trap and Boomerang I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom