Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft....Ax, he's a Jafa.....I'm still in my T-Shirt - the hard Waikato bitch that I am
evilteethsmiley.gif

My father was telling me that the South Island's received a fair dump of snow and it's been bloody freezing in Wellywood. Looked frigid during the rugby on Saturday. -1C once windchill was taken into account or something like that.

Although i am also wearing a t-shirt....

I don't like wind. Rain i like. Wind, not so.

I'll take wind over rain myself.

But then I grew up in Wellington, home of the bitter southerly. Nothing like a good strong southerly to chill you to the bones and let you know you're alive.

I'll take wind over rain myself.

But then I grew up in Wellington, home of the bitter southerly. Nothing like a good strong southerly to chill you to the bones and let you know you're alive.

I don't mind wind in Wellington, the home of wind. I won't forget arriving there in December and once windchill was taken into account it was about 9 degrees.

Incidentally the wind at the airport was colder than today, but it's later in the evening today when i was standing in it.

I don't mind wind in Wellington, the home of wind. I won't forget arriving there in December and once windchill was taken into account it was about 9 degrees.

Incidentally the wind at the airport was colder than today, but it's later in the evening today when i was standing in it.

:lol: Yeah, that's Wellington for you. I love it.

Since moving to Australia, I can honestly say I've only felt what I would consider to be a strong wind twice. And once was during a cyclone!

Ah shit, better go shopping before the tram timetables go to pieces. Damn public holiday timetable. :wave:

OH MY GOD POWER CRYSIS!

Fuck off TV3

And more to the point

"How we could solve all of our problems by turning off the Tiwai point smelter"......just weeks after airing a story that was aimed at saving the smelter because of the governments carbon tax something or rather.

Fucking transparent.

it is soooo much cooler downstairs, i had a lovely snack down there but now i have to tackle my desks. yes i dunno why the hell i have two, but it was just more places to pile up the mess.

heh tough search.

my problem is that i get all sweaty and take a break in front of the fan and it's almost too chilly, but moving around my room to clean is oppressive.

my other problem is i don't know what to keep and what to throw out, and if i wanna keep it, i don't know where the hell to put it!

heh tough search.

my problem is that i get all sweaty and take a break in front of the fan and it's almost too chilly, but moving around my room to clean is oppressive.

my other problem is i don't know what to keep and what to throw out, and if i wanna keep it, i don't know where the hell to put it!

That's been my problem with moving back and forth between home and school. I feel bad about leaving so much stuff in the basement here, but then I remember that I'll be moving out VERY soon

Back. :wave:

So, for the first time in my life, I missed my stop on the tram/train. I was just daydreaming and suddenly realised I was cruising past the local shopping centre. Luckily, tram stops are very close together and it was all of a two minute walk from the next stop back to the shops.

OH MY GOD POWER CRYSIS!

Fuck off TV3

And more to the point

"How we could solve all of our problems by turning off the Tiwai point smelter"......just weeks after airing a story that was aimed at saving the smelter because of the governments carbon tax something or rather.

Fucking transparent.

Oh god. Yes, let's shut down Tiwai Point and FUCK OVER THE ECONOMY OF SOUTHLAND because Wellington, Christchurch, and especially Auckland churn through shitloads of power like there's no tomorrow.

New Zealand really is in a bit of a tight spot though. We obviously want to avoid coal or oil power plants. Nuclear power is obviously not an option; personally, although I think New Zealand should never compromise its stance on nuclear weaponry, I do think there is merit in at least researching the nuclear power option. And then the NIMBY brigade makes wind power fucking difficult to install because some dipshit thinks it will ruin their precious view. So, what, you want to be cooking over an open fire and reading by candlelight and sending e-mails via pigeon, but don't anybody dare threaten your pristine view? You can't have it both ways.

Oh fuck off. In the Queen's Birthday honours, John Howard has been made a companion of the Order of Australia, the country's highest honour. :barf:

Nothing takes more balls than asking the girlfriend's parents permission to ask their princess to marry me.... but they gave me their blessing. So I bought the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom