Geebung, Queensland Superthread - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #196
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 04:00 PM
"Rapid shit" actually made me laugh, which is weird because I was calling out on you guys for talking shite before. Also because it's not imaginative or really that funny and it I guess it wasn't meant to be.
__________________

__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #197
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,034
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
"Rapid shit" actually made me laugh, which is weird because I was calling out on you guys for talking shite before. Also because it's not imaginative or really that funny and it I guess it wasn't meant to be.
And it's not even my joke; I stole it from the guys on the metal_mp3 community who rather vehemently discourage people against uploading albums to it.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #198
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Oh.

It's a good joke.

(I don't think it's the best site either but you know I don't really see the crisis, they're still doing a service)
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #199
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 01:30 AM
Hey Superthread.

I am not pleased about tornado warnings at 2:30 in the morning.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #200
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,034
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Oh.

It's a good joke.

(I don't think it's the best site either but you know I don't really see the crisis, they're still doing a service)
Apparently people from a number of countries have difficulty/are unable to access it. Personally, I've had no problems with using it, though I find it a bit less convenient to use than send space.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #201
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,034
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Hey Superthread.

I am not pleased about tornado warnings at 2:30 in the morning.
Oh fuuun.

See, this is one thing I rather like about Australia, and Melbourne in particular: natural disasters are few in type. Certainly no tornadoes, and I don't miss New Zealand's earthquakes. Just bushfires, which aren't a problem if you live in the inner city, and in the northern areas, cyclones. And, of course, the obvious storms and flooding typical to just about everywhere on the planet.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #202
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Apparently people from a number of countries have difficulty/are unable to access it. Personally, I've had no problems with using it, though I find it a bit less convenient to use than send space.
Really? In that case, I can understand the hate. I agree that send space is better.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #203
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,034
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Really? In that case, I can understand the hate. I agree that send space is better.
I've seen a few people on LiveJournal MP3 communities say "here's a link on Rapidshit, but I live in [wherever] so I can't access it - could somebody please download it and re-up it to [a site that does work]?" I can't remember which countries in particular have been affected, though I'm pretty sure they've been Eastern European ones, and I think a Scandinavian one.

I've seen the same issue with Mega Upload too.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #204
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Oh fuuun.

See, this is one thing I rather like about Australia, and Melbourne in particular: natural disasters are few in type. Certainly no tornadoes, and I don't miss New Zealand's earthquakes. Just bushfires, which aren't a problem if you live in the inner city, and in the northern areas, cyclones. And, of course, the obvious storms and flooding typical to just about everywhere on the planet.
Oh yeah, it's a big plus. It's almost unfair, in fact - we don't really think of natural disasters that much, further south east anyway - while so much of the rest of the world could potentially be under threat.

Though, there was that massive heatwave (two weeks of 40+ celsius heat) here in Adelaide a couple of months ago, which was pretty neat.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #205
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,034
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Oh yeah, it's a big plus. It's almost unfair, in fact - we don't really think of natural disasters that much, further south east anyway - while so much of the rest of the world could potentially be under threat.

Though, there was that massive heatwave (two weeks of 40+ celsius heat) here in Adelaide a couple of months ago, which was pretty neat.
Honestly, as somebody in inner Melbourne located on a hill, I basically consider myself almost immune from natural disasters except the most radical once-in-a-century sort of stuff. Bushfires? They've got a shitload of suburbs to get through first. Cyclones don't strike this far south. Storms and flooding? I'm not near any watercourse and I'm high enough up the hill that rain downpours will just run down to Moonee Valley, but not on any substantial slope so my place can't be undermined. Tornadoes? I can only think of one tornado of significance in my time in Australia (Bendigo in 2004). Anything else? Only by freak occurrence, e.g. Newcastle earthquake of 1988, and so unlikely to affect me as to be statistically insignificant.

The Feb/March heatwave was made of fail. I'm loving winter.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #206
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Honestly, as somebody in inner Melbourne located on a hill, I basically consider myself almost immune from natural disasters except the most radical once-in-a-century sort of stuff. Bushfires? They've got a shitload of suburbs to get through first. Cyclones don't strike this far south. Storms and flooding? I'm not near any watercourse and I'm high enough up the hill that rain downpours will just run down to Moonee Valley, but not on any substantial slope so my place can't be undermined. Tornadoes? I can only think of one tornado of significance in my time in Australia (Bendigo in 2004). Anything else? Only by freak occurrence, e.g. Newcastle earthquake of 1988, and so unlikely to affect me as to be statistically insignificant.

The Feb/March heatwave was made of fail. I'm loving winter.
You're lucky! In Adelaide I'm not too far away from the hills, where you get the occasional fire (often some fucking arsonists) and though they've never gotten down here, there's always the odd chance. Still within elevation for a flood, too. Though I'm kind of expecting none of that will happen anytime soon!

The heatwave sucked at first, but I was getting used to it by the end - to the extent that it didn't bother me at all. It was almost kind of sad seeing the rain come back, but fortunately I love autumn and winter and the weather right now is an absolute ball for me.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #207
War Child
 
thatsnotmypuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 909
Local Time: 06:30 AM
The worst thing about this part of Melbourne is the fucking 'Toorak Matrons*' who a-are yet to realise that Surrey Hills is not Toorak and b-that just because they have a 4WD does not give them the right to try to mow me down everytime I cross the street.

We did have a blackout recently that lasted 72 odd hours. I thought of looting but the only store near me is a Red Rooster and a bakery.

* Toorak is the perceived 'Beverly Hills' of Melbourne.
__________________
thatsnotmypuppy is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #208
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,034
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
You're lucky! In Adelaide I'm not too far away from the hills, where you get the occasional fire (often some fucking arsonists) and though they've never gotten down here, there's always the odd chance. Still within elevation for a flood, too. Though I'm kind of expecting none of that will happen anytime soon!

The heatwave sucked at first, but I was getting used to it by the end - to the extent that it didn't bother me at all. It was almost kind of sad seeing the rain come back, but fortunately I love autumn and winter and the weather right now is an absolute ball for me.
Oh, I lived on the western fringe of the Gold Coast for a while, 11/2003 to 02/2006, and bushfires were a constant source of concern. We had two in my time there, one of which came alarmingly close - everybody from three houses up our street onwards were evacuated, but we were allowed to stay. I suffered considerable asthma and had my stuff packed and ready to go, but it was brought under control fairly quickly and I didn't have to leave. Ever since then, I've resolved to only live in relatively inner suburbs as long as I stay in Australia. I'll probably have to if I get a job in academia anyway.

The heatwave was a bit more variable here, some days were closer to 30 than 40, so it was a bit harder to get used to it. And I just hate heat in the first place, it's why I left Queensland, so I was bloody relieved when it finished. At the moment, I'm looking forward to the weather dropping a few more degrees - it was doing nicely a couple of weeks ago, but has unfortunately warmed up a little.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #209
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsnotmypuppy View Post
We did have a blackout recently that lasted 72 odd hours. I thought of looting but the only store near me is a Red Rooster and a bakery.
Haha, you should have gone and nicked one of those souvlaki chicken subs.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #210
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,034
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Haha, you should have gone and nicked one of those souvlaki chicken subs.
Got to admit, I tried one of those and I really felt it wasn't much different at all to their standard sub.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com