Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My MP3 player is hilarious. I'm updating it now, and it's got Snoop Dogg AND Simon & Garfunkel. Good times.

My favorite is when I create a smart setlist and specifically exclude rap, but then a song like Ben Fold's Bitches Ain't Shit cover comes on right after Iron & Wine or something.

That's actually the way to go, because they always seem to try out things on the first leg (like An Cat Dubh last time out) and then eventually give up on them because it's not getting the same reaction as, say, With Or Without You. Which is a shame. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart was one of the highlights of the tour for me.

Yeah, I don't think they were doing Gloria much by leg 3 either. It's a shame.

That's actually the way to go, because they always seem to try out things on the first leg (like An Cat Dubh last time out) and then eventually give up on them because it's not getting the same reaction as, say, With Or Without You. Which is a shame. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart was one of the highlights of the tour for me.
yes and it PISSED ME OFF that i missed out on it. i was unemployed during the entire vertigo tour, so i'm lucky i got to attend at all. and i am thankful i have very generous friends who will just give me a concert ticket and free room/board, food, etc. but i was bummed i got the stupid acoustic encore.

For only two shows, I got my fill ok from the last tour.

Boston, 5/28/05

Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
The Cry
The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day / Here Comes The Sun (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

encore(s):
The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Party Girl
Vertigo

Boston, 12/4/05

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Dirty Water (snippet) / In The Garden (snippet)
Elevation
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Here Comes The Sun (snippet)
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna A Surriento (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

encore(s):
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Yahweh
Yahweh (snippet) / Bad / 40 (snippet)
All Because Of You
Fast Cars

I saw them like 14 times in 9 different cities. That's just how I roll. You might take it upon yourselves to roll in a different manner. I'm ok with that.

pfan... not liking Kid A on first listen is not surprising at all. Give it at least 3 or 4 more listens! :wink:

Khan: I'm like you too. I doubt I can afford more than 2 shows for U2! Unless I completely cut myself off of other artists' shows!

Elfa, are you proud that you only discovered crossfade playback now? :eyebrow:

I've only seen two concerts in my life, so I'll take what I can get.

I've been to six, all very indietastic, except for U2.

The set at my U2 show was pretty shitty:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Gloria
5. The Ocean
6. Beautiful Day / Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (snippet)
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
9. Love And Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
12. Running To Stand Still
13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One

encore(s):
16. Zoo Station
17. The Fly
18. Mysterious Ways
19. With Or Without You
20. All Because Of You
21. Yahweh
22. 40

Khan: I'm like you too. I doubt I can afford more than 2 shows for U2! Unless I completely cut myself off of other artists' shows!
i know what you mean. duran duran will be coming back for another u.s. leg soon, which could coincide with U2 touring. crowded house's album will be out maybe late this year/early next year. tim finn is coming back here in the autumn, his album is out soon and he also mentioned about the tour last time i saw him. i could go on with all the other groups i like and their likelihood of touring, but i don't think anyone cares :tongue:

I've been to six, all very indietastic, except for U2.

The set at my U2 show was pretty shitty:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Gloria
5. The Ocean
6. Beautiful Day / Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (snippet)
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
9. Love And Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
12. Running To Stand Still
13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One

encore(s):
16. Zoo Station
17. The Fly
18. Mysterious Ways
19. With Or Without You
20. All Because Of You
21. Yahweh
22. 40

Yeah, that's the standard first leg show you got there.

btw peeps, since most of you will be here this evening too, i'm counting on all of you to actually be around :mad: and help me pull an all-nighter. i've got to be up at the buttcrack of dawn to take my mom to the hospital so i might as well not sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom