Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the guy who filmed it is uploading them. He tagged me in this one, though, because the guy who was rapping was so funny that he had me film half of it to keep the camera from shaking with his laughter.

Jeez...what kind of rap was this kid doing? :lol:

At my school:

90-100: A
80-89: B
70-79: C
************ - These stars cleverly illustrate the pass line.
60-69: E (Summer School)
0-59: F (Re-take Course)

My high school had something along the lines of (this is probably not accurate but it gives an idea):

85-100: A / Very High Achievement
70-84: B / High Achievement
50-69: C / Sound Achievement
30-49: D / Low Achievement
0-29: E / Very Low Achievement

Three Ds or more and you got held back.

Melbourne University uses:

80-100: Honours first class (H1)
75-79: H2A
70-74: H2B
65-69: H3
50-64: Pass
0-49: Fail

The average mark is 72%. In PolSci and History, apparently any essay receiving 90% or higher is of a standard publishable in a peer reviewed academic journal.

Did you deal with it like you dealt with Curly Jefferson?

Yes, sir. Thank ya, sir.

Grades at my school are pretty much the same as Pfans:

90-100 - A
80-89 - B
70-79 - C
69-60 - D
59-below - F

For GPA, it's 4.0, 3.0, 2.0 for standard-weight classes, a .5 boost for honors classes if it's above a D, and for AP it's a full point up if it's above a D, too.

Right now, I've got a cume of 4.1 or something, hopefully I can bump it above 4.2 by the end of next year.

Jeez...what kind of rap was this kid doing? :lol:

Some joke rap. Not sure if he wrote it or not. It was pretty funny. It's only a minute long. There was a bunch of freestyling going on before the show while the singer of the Blink 182 cover band was playing volleyball.

geez. ours are a little easier to look smart with.
85-100= High distinction= HD
??-84= Distinction=D
then credit, then pass. i've not been at uni for 6 months so i've forgotten. plus i cant type while holding the baby.

If it's like the University of Queensland's, then I imagine it's:

85-100: 7 / High Distinction
75-84: 6 / Distinction
65-74: 5 / Credit
50-64: 4 / Pass
47-49: 3 / Conceded Pass (which UQ made an outright fail in 2006)
25-46: 2 / Fail
0-24: 1 / Fail (you stupid fucking dumbarse)

I finally finished Bottle Rocket. It definitely got better towards the end, but this movie is a complete turn-around. It's so amazing.

I love the last 20-30 minutes of Bottle Rocket, basically when James Caan enter the picture.

Rushmore is probably Wes Anderson's best full-on movie, with The Royal Tenenbaums closely behind - I haven't seen that one as much though.

lucky! that's how it is at my college too, but 94-100 was an A in my high school. i can't remember the rest though :lol:

oh wait, 0-64 is F.

My scale used to be like that until I hit middle school, then the State changed it, I believe.

Yes, sir. Thank ya, sir.

Grades at my school are pretty much the same as Pfans:

90-100 - A
80-89 - B
70-79 - C
69-60 - D
59-below - F

For GPA, it's 4.0, 3.0, 2.0 for standard-weight classes, a .5 boost for honors classes if it's above a D, and for AP it's a full point up if it's above a D, too.

Right now, I've got a cume of 4.1 or something, hopefully I can bump it above 4.2 by the end of next year.

Our GPA is the single most complicated thing ever.

We use a system of plusses and minuses to make GPA more editable. For example:

A+ = 97-100
A = 93-96
A- = 90-92 ETC.

So, in a standard weight course (we have two: Basic and Academic, the latter being higher):

A+ = 4.2
A = 4.0
A- = 3.8
B+ = 3.2
B = 3.0
B- = 2.8
C+ = 2.2
C = 2.0
C- = 1.8

We then have not one, not two, but THREE levels higher than that. Honors adds .5 to everything, Seminar adds 1.0 to everything, and Advanced Placement adds 1.5 to everything.

I love the last 20-30 minutes of Bottle Rocket, basically when James Caan enter the picture.

Rushmore is probably Wes Anderson's best full-on movie, with The Royal Tenenbaums closely behind - I haven't seen that one as much though.

I love the Royal Tenenbaums, but this has easily taken first place for his films for me. Really I think it's a favorite film now. I know i only watched it once, but I just know with these things

A+ = 97-100
A = 93-96
A- = 90-92 ETC.

So, in a standard weight course (we have two: Basic and Academic, the latter being higher):

A+ = 4.2
A = 4.0
A- = 3.8
B+ = 3.2
B = 3.0
B- = 2.8
C+ = 2.2
C = 2.0
C- = 1.8

We then have not one, not two, but THREE levels higher than that. Honors adds .5 to everything, Seminar adds 1.0 to everything, and Advanced Placement adds 1.5 to everything.

My GPA after three quarters this year was an even 4.3, but it will probably go down due to my fourth quarter.

My homeschooling program's grading scale is:

100-94% - A
93-85% - B
84-77% - C
76-70% - D
69-0% - F

They're pretty harsh.

A+ = 97-100
A = 93-96
A- = 90-92 ETC.

A+ = 4.2
A = 4.0
A- = 3.8
B+ = 3.2
B = 3.0
B- = 2.8
C+ = 2.2
C = 2.0
C- = 1.8

Holy fucking shit, that gives you a sizable advantage over me and I'm not a bad student.

Wow, the University of Melbourne does mark hard. This page gives a word document comparing our marks to US grades.

What constitutes a C- over in the US is a fail here. Our 75% equates to an American A-.

Holy fucking shit, that gives you a sizable advantage over me and I'm not a bad student.

It really does spread it out. My GPA is higher than most people's purely because of that.

Next year, I take three AP courses, two honors courses, and two academic courses (Public Speaking and Phys Ed). So, my GPA will most likely skyrocket.

I love the Royal Tenenbaums, but this has easily taken first place for his films for me. Really I think it's a favorite film now. I know i only watched it once, but I just know with these things

I feel ya. It's like you're watching something special and know it'll stick with you for a very long time. It's how I measure my favorites, too. Can't see how anyone can't.

Ultimately, though, class rank is the main thing, because context is everything.

I was in the top seven percent of my 360 person class last I saw it.

If it's like the University of Queensland's, then I imagine it's:

85-100: 7 / High Distinction
75-84: 6 / Distinction
65-74: 5 / Credit
50-64: 4 / Pass
47-49: 3 / Conceded Pass (which UQ made an outright fail in 2006)
25-46: 2 / Fail
0-24: 1 / Fail (you stupid fucking dumbarse)

that's the one! cheers. my uni is actually griffith :sexywink: so it's all the same.

My homeschooling program's grading scale is:

100-94% - A
93-85% - B
84-77% - C
76-70% - D
69-0% - F

They're pretty harsh.
that was more or less mine, now that i look at it. i remember an 85 was a C, though. and like i said in my previous post, 64 started the F grade.

it is strict! i would've been a straight-A student sometimes in high school had it been 90-100. i got a lot of low 90s, but they were Bs :grumpy:

It really does spread it out. My GPA is higher than most people's purely because of that.

Next year, I take three AP courses, two honors courses, and two academic courses (Public Speaking and Phys Ed). So, my GPA will most likely skyrocket.

This year I took 2 APs (Lang and US History), 2 gifted/honors (Physics and Pre-Calc; Harder classes than honors, same credit. Fuck.), 1 full-on honors (TV Production IV), and 1 standard (Spanish II+, the worst class ever).

Next year, I'll have 7 classes:

5 APs (Gov and Eco are semester courses, then Physics, Lit, and Stats), and 3 honors (TV Production V, Newspaper, and Film). Hopefully my GPA will boost as well. I know I'm not in the running for Top 10 or anything, but I'd like to finish in the Top 25, if possible. Last time I checked, I was around 50 out of 700, due to my phailure of a sophomore year.

Thoughts so far on TSMS:

I prefer progressive rock to more metal rock. I think I'll prefer this to In Absentia because IA had a few metal-ish tracks on it.

I have warmed up to Blackest Eyes, though, Ax. That chorus is fantastic. Better than Piano Lessons, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom