Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just wanna poke into the conversation and say that college isn't just about the classes you take. as much (or perhaps more) learning comes from outside the classroom as inside. and by this i mean the internships/externships/coops, the clubs you partake in, the people you meet, the people you serve (volunteering, working), relationships (friendships/roommates/classmates/professors/advisors) and so forth. if you're just focusing on the classes, you're gonna be disappointed. that degree is more than just a piece of paper saying you met the requirements, it says you've had this unique and privileged experience.

peefan, go to VT!

You are completely right, Mia. That is unless you are a terrible student like me. If you don't get into a good college you don't get any of those things.

You are completely right, Mia. That is unless you are a terrible student like me. If you don't get into a good college you don't get any of those things.

actually, Screwtape, this isn't really true. i can say that b/c i used to work in the field :) most colleges care about their students and therefore have all sorts of resources and activities available to support personal development.

Led Zeppelin I Running Diary

I've already heard about half of this album going into it, but I still enjoy these tracks. Good Times, Bad Times is good. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is great.

i just wanna poke into the conversation and say that college isn't just about the classes you take. as much (or perhaps more) learning comes from outside the classroom as inside. and by this i mean the internships/externships/coops, the clubs you partake in, the people you meet, the people you serve (volunteering, working), relationships (friendships/roommates/classmates/professors/advisors) and so forth. if you're just focusing on the classes, you're gonna be disappointed. that degree is more than just a piece of paper saying you met the requirements, it says you've had this unique and privileged experience.

peefan, go to VT!
this is soooooooo true. having taken classes on campus and online, i can totally attest to that. it's a bummer that i don't have those experiences anymore, but oh well. i mean technically i can still participate in these things, i am still a student of my college, but it's hard with work and other stuff.

this is soooooooo true. having taken classes on campus and online, i can totally attest to that. it's a bummer that i don't have those experiences anymore, but oh well. i mean technically i can still participate in these things, i am still a student of my college, but it's hard with work and other stuff.

it is tough trying to manage work, life, etc. with college. but hang in there, you know? perhaps later down the road as you get further and further into your studies you can eventually merge the two. like, perhaps you'll find a job more related to the field you are studying or what you want to do. when you actually get to put theory into practice is when all those hours studying, all the agonizing tests, etc. finally seem worth it.

Well not here. Maybe when I get to a larger university.

well, if the school isn't a good match for you, it's simply not a good match. you can't help that. perhaps you might be able to transfer or something?

i have my own opinions on large universities vs. small colleges. i wouldn't trade my VT experience for the world. but, all throughout undergrad, i did feel like just a number. i was still able to build my own community though, which helped a lot. but yeah, big school means you're really lost in a sea of people.

1. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
2. Good Times, Bad Times
3. Your Time Is Gonna Come
4. Dazed and Confused
5. You Shook Me

2. Good Times, Bad Times
3. Communication Breakdown
4. Your Time Is Gonna Come
5. Black Mountain Side
6. Dazed and Confused
7. You Shook Me

If my calculations are correct, I've been contacted by 27 states, Washington DC, and Italy. And this is only 35% done.

Led Zeppelin I: Final Score

2. How Many More Times
3. Good Times, Bad Times
4. Communication Breakdown
5. Your Time Is Gonna Come
6. I Can't Quit You Baby
7. Black Mountain Side
8. Dazed and Confused
9. You Shook Me

it is tough trying to manage work, life, etc. with college. but hang in there, you know? perhaps later down the road as you get further and further into your studies you can eventually merge the two. like, perhaps you'll find a job more related to the field you are studying or what you want to do. when you actually get to put theory into practice is when all those hours studying, all the agonizing tests, etc. finally seem worth it.

Oh please eleborate.

Your arrogance is seemingly boundless.

The day where I think I can no longer learn from others is the day I need someone that cares for me to smack my fucking face and give me the reality check I'd need and appreciate.

You want to tell me that you don't like being cooped up in a classroom, I'll buy it; school is not for everyone. But, you've got A LOT to learn, Screw, trust me.

Hey all. :wave:

Pfan, I've gotten a bunch of college letters, too for the same reason and haven't gone through them yet. NYU really likes me, apparently.

Hey all. :wave:

Pfan, I've gotten a bunch of college letters, too for the same reason and haven't gone through them yet. NYU really likes me, apparently.

Kettering University is my highest with 7 letters. There's many with 1 or 2, a few with 3, and then Kettering.

I'm convinced some of these colleges are just made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom