Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 82 (individual colleges):

Pennsylvania - 25
New York - 10
Massachusetts - 7
Virginia - 6
Maryland - 5

Most letters from one college: Kettering of Michigan. (5)

dear coworker,

please stop coughing every 30 seconds. you either need to cut back on the cigarettes, take some sinus meds, or take some cough syrup.

kisses and hugs!!

megabitch

I got hundreds of letters because I had my Practice SAT scores sent out to colleges through Collegeboard.

It's not like scholarship offers or anything. They just want my money.

I'm about 20% done the hard copy letters. I'll probably pick up on that while listening to a few albums tonight. I'm currently trying to figure out what third album I should listen to after Kid A and LZ I.

I haven't sent out my real SAT scores to anyone yet. I'm going to send them to the colleges I narrow it down to. Most likely, it will be something like:

Penn State
Pittsburgh
Temple
Maryland

But Kettering really fucking wants me. I've gone through 100 letters of about 400-500 and I've got five from them. I don't know who the hell they are. And they're in Michigan for Christ's sake.

i wish i could've gone to college out of state (or at least out of town), but i just couldn't afford to pay anything. i mean of course i know there's student loans, but living in a dorm and possibly paying tuition just worried me, especially since a school here (memphis) offered full scholarship.

in retrospect, it probably would've been better for me to be out of town, maybe i wouldn't have lost focus so quickly. oh well. live and learn.

I have to confess that I never took the ACT or SAT. I wanted to drop out of high school and wanted no part of college. I am going to college though I don't like it. School has never been right for me.

High school in particular is very constricting due to how much of what you take is filling out requirements. However, it's important to have that and college in order to go into most careers. Instead of education, you're fulfilling a pre-requisite for most careers.

College does give you a lot more flexibility in course choices after freshmen year, which I am looking forward to.

High school in particular is very constricting due to how much of what you take is filling out requirements. However, it's important to have that and college in order to go into most careers. Instead of education, you're fulfilling a pre-requisite for most careers.

College does give you a lot more flexibility in course choices after freshmen year, which I am looking forward to.
it does? :sigh:

The problem with education is that they can't teach me anything I don't already know that is important in life. I just don't respect many teachers. They don't stimulate my mind. It is pretty arrogant I'll admit. School never gave me a single thing but wasted time and pain. I have gotten me where I am and where I am going. School is utterly pointless to me.

Alright, four albums for tonight:

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin I
Radiohead - Kid A
R.E.M. - Fables of the Reconstruction
Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways

I'm fucking going all out. I should post a marathon running diary of it all, too. Any interest?

The problem with education is that they can't teach me anything I don't already know that is important in life. I just don't respect many teachers. They don't stimulate my mind. It is pretty arrogant I'll admit. School never gave me a single thing but wasted time and pain. I have gotten me where I am and where I am going. School is utterly pointless to me.

I don't think that's true. I think it's clear that everyone in this thread still has a lot to learn. Everyone I talk to has a few teachers along the way that connect with them. Sure, a lot falter, but keep going. Look for that class, that teacher, that will speak your language. It's worth it to try to find.

Most teachers won't connect with you in a way that stimulates your mind or inspires you. But there are a few out there, and if you find them, it's worth it.

I don't think that's true. I think it's clear that everyone in this thread still has a lot to learn. Everyone I talk to has a few teachers along the way that connect with them. Sure, a lot falter, but keep going. Look for that class, that teacher, that will speak your language. It's worth it to try to find.

Most teachers won't connect with you in a way that stimulates your mind or inspires you. But there are a few out there, and if you find them, it's worth it.
wait...what do i have to do with any of this? :scratch:

I don't feel like a student anymore. I feel like I am the one who should be teaching. I could teach the world so much. It is like The Ocean goes, "I felt the world could go far if they only listened to what I say."

i just wanna poke into the conversation and say that college isn't just about the classes you take. as much (or perhaps more) learning comes from outside the classroom as inside. and by this i mean the internships/externships/coops, the clubs you partake in, the people you meet, the people you serve (volunteering, working), relationships (friendships/roommates/classmates/professors/advisors) and so forth. if you're just focusing on the classes, you're gonna be disappointed. that degree is more than just a piece of paper saying you met the requirements, it says you've had this unique and privileged experience.

peefan, go to VT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom