Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoots: I'm going to guess five of the nine albums in your avatar.

Achtung Baby, The Divison Bell, Led Zeppelin IV, OK Computer, Revolver.

I can't tell the other four.

I love Ten Years Gone, by the way. Just listened to that again. I should get started on the LZ albums today.

The Who and Led Zeppelin are two bands that don't make sense for me. They don't make sense because I like every song I've heard by them, but for some reason I'm never curious enough to dig deeper into their respective back catalogues. :lol:

But I loved Who's Next, and I'll bet I love some more of their albums.

Led Zeppelin had so many excellent albums and yet classic rock radio overplays the same 5 to 10 songs! :banghead: And hence I tire of Zeppelin sometimes.

I wouldn't go that far. While I'm well versed in many of the major artists, there's quite a bit of smaller bands that I'm still getting into.

Over in B&C, I learn a lot of new music from the likes of u2popmofo, Jack In The Box, and others...

I'd say you're the most consistent, and you're very open and willing to try new bands.

I'm getting there, anyway. If I come close to matching the prowess of my fellow musketeers, I'll be pleased.

I blame bad parenting musically.

Last edited:
The Who and Led Zeppelin are two bands that don't make sense for me. They don't make sense because I like every song I've heard by them, but for some reason I'm never curious enough to dig deeper into their respective back catalogues. :lol:

But I loved Who's Next, and I'll bet I love some more of their albums.

Every now and then, a debate will come up between who is better. And while my overall preference is Zeppelin, you can't go wrong with either.

I think Zeppelin's catalog overall is stronger, but The Who have several killer albums that are a must to own.

Both bands are similar in many ways: great guitarist, consistent, good chemistry, stayed together till the death of a band member and didn't break up. And they both have churned out some classic albums.

I'm quite under-educated on the Who... except for a Very best Of CD and Quadrophenia. There's just too many other albums on my wishlist dammit! :grumpy::sigh:

My dad's best friend is a big rock fan, too. His three favorites (in order) are The Who, The Police, and U2. I'm more knowledged on U2 than he is, but he's much better with the first two.

My Mom's favorite genre of music is ... Christmas.

My Dad's favorite genre of music is ... well, none.

That tells the story right there.

My dad's best friend is a big rock fan, too. His three favorites (in order) are The Who, The Police, and U2. I'm more knowledged on U2 than he is, but he's much better with the first two.
that's awesome :up:

my dad's favourite bands are probably the cars, elo, beach boys, and moody blues. and i think i've heard about every song any of these bands have released :crack: although they're not bad. i saw the moody blues with my parents last month.

i almost saw popmart with my dad (it was going to be my present to him for his birthday) but he'd just come back from a business trip in canada and was advised by his doctor to avoid concerts. his ears were all stopped up. yes that's right, he's allergic to canada :giggle: so i took my mom instead. here's dating things for you: before the concert they were handing out cans of surge. SURGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom