Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite stupid enough to think that I could pull off facial hair of any kind at this point. Good Lord.

you guys are nasty. i haaaaaate facial hair, like enough to where it's one of my dealbreakers. i guess if the guy had a goatee i could accept it at long as there wasn't a mustache too. it's just a thing i have. no smokers, no facial hair. a little bit of stubble is fine (but not on you patrick demsey, you're fugly and that makes you look old) but that's about it.

k, Manhattan :

I liked it. It was less jumpy then Annie Hall which I appreciated, plus, I liked that Woody Allen wasn't quite so over the top. The score/well sountrack, was perfect for the setting, and I liked the idea of filming it in black and white.

However: I did miss the fourth wall breaking, and I missed some of his random asides that were in Annie Hall. Also, the fact that it was in black and white kind of irked me, because I do understand the artistic value of filming in such, but I can't stand to watch it because it just feels "fake" to me, like they're trying to relive something that can't really come back.

But I loved how this one ended, especially in relation to Annie Hall

you guys are nasty. i haaaaaate facial hair, like enough to where it's one of my dealbreakers. i guess if the guy had a goatee i could accept it at long as there wasn't a mustache too. it's just a thing i have. no smokers, no facial hair. a little bit of stubble is fine (but not on you patrick demsey, you're fugly and that makes you look old) but that's about it.

And how's that choosiness working out for you?

Yes.

Pretty much sticks along the jawline and below. I can almost connect the mustache and rest of the beard now.

I am a sad little bastard.

Cut the modesty.

n805605227_8597.jpg

k, Manhattan :

I liked it. It was less jumpy then Annie Hall which I appreciated, plus, I liked that Woody Allen wasn't quite so over the top. The score/well sountrack, was perfect for the setting, and I liked the idea of filming it in black and white.

However: I did miss the fourth wall breaking, and I missed some of his random asides that were in Annie Hall. Also, the fact that it was in black and white kind of irked me, because I do understand the artistic value of filming in such, but I can't stand to watch it because it just feels "fake" to me, like they're trying to relive something that can't really come back.

But I loved how this one ended, especially in relation to Annie Hall

Black and White worked for this film. The first thing I love about this film is how it's a love letter to the city. I can of course relate to that.

This is where Allen starts to mature and tackle more adult themes, which continues through the bulk of the films that follow this one.

The ending was fantastic, agreed.

And how's that choosiness working out for you?
fantastic! :happy:

actually, i've never turned a guy down because of those reasons. but the smoking is a huge no-no for me. i'm allergic, i've been around it all my life and i'd really not have to suffer (srsly, it makes me sneeze and gives me migraines) the rest of my life.

besides, i have to shave every day, shouldn't he have to as well? :grumpy:

Plenty of stubble here.

fantastic! :happy:

actually, i've never turned a guy down because of those reasons. but the smoking is a huge no-no for me. i'm allergic, i've been around it all my life and i'd really not have to suffer (srsly, it makes me sneeze and gives me migraines) the rest of my life.

besides, i have to shave every day, shouldn't he have to as well? :grumpy:

I'd not date a smoker.

I am rarely fully shaven. I usually have some stubble, unless my boss gets on my case, then I actually let it grow more to fuck with him.

Black and White worked for this film. The first thing I love about this film is how it's a love letter to the city. I can of course relate to that.

This is where Allen starts to mature and tackle more adult themes, which continues through the bulk of the films that follow this one.

The ending was fantastic, agreed.

It's hard to explain, it's not taht I don't like the B&W, but if I look at it too closely, I notice how perfect it is, missing the grittiness of old b&w...does that make sense?

I'm definitely going to check out more of his films, but, since I Hadn't finished Rushmore yet, I only had one rental when I went to the video store, so I rented North by Northwest because I finally found it (some dumba$$ filed it under A for Alfred Hitchcock)

Yes.

Pretty much sticks along the jawline and below. I can almost connect the mustache and rest of the beard now.

I am a sad little bastard.

Nice. Facial hair experimentation is great.

It's just all about knowing when the dream is over.

I'd not date a smoker.

I am rarely fully shaven. I usually have some stubble, unless my boss gets on my case, then I actually let it grow more to fuck with him.

Same here. My skin just gets way too irritated if I shave too much. Sometimes I'll get a comment at work, and I'll be like, trust me, I look better this way.

And yeah, I would never be interested in someone who smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom