Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Axver ever not on the currently active users viewing this thread list? Maybe he just lets his computer sit there and it refreshes itself every 5 minutes or something.

Is Axver ever not on the currently active users viewing this thread list? Maybe he just lets his computer sit there and it refreshes itself every 5 minutes or something.

He was off at an exam the other day and he was still viewing the thread, so I think he does, yes.

He's usually not. He greeted the thread about 40 minutes ago. He usually spends his morning reading through the entire thing.

Yup, Chani = Sean Young. She was pretty fucking attractive then and in Blade Runner. Even No Way Out, with your boy Costner.

Man, Dune kills me every time. I do not think I like a "bad" movie better than that one. Every version, too, don't matter to me....extended, you name it, i'll watch it.

"Remember the tooth"

"All I see, is an Atriedes I want to kill"

"The Sleeper has awoken!"

"I remember your Gom Jabbar, now you remember mine"

"G-ds what a monster"

On and on and on. :) YLB, GREAT books, too. The first two Dune novels are amazing, the middle two are ok, the last two great again.....not including all the prequels and sequels Frank Herbert's son wrote.

We're now at 29 states, 2 foreign countries, and Washington DC, folks. 144 individual schools. Just about 50% done.

1. Optimistic
2. How to Disappear Completely
3. In Limbo
4. Treefingers
5. The National Anthem
6. Kid A
7. Everything in Its Right Place

Too bad she jumped on the crazy train when she broke her collarbone before Batman started.

And then there's Sting.

I really have to read those books, or just read more in general. It's hard for me to focus on more than one thing at a time, as you already know, especially when music/movies/books are involved.

Too bad she jumped on the crazy train when she broke her collarbone before Batman started.

And then there's Sting.

I really have to read those books, or just read more in general. It's hard for me to focus on more than one thing at a time, as you already know, especially when music/movies/books are involved.

You cannot force yourself to read for pleasure, I think. You either really want to, or not. If you ever feel yourself gravitating towards books, let me know, I can recommend tons of shit.

Yes, Sting utters "All I see is an Atriedes I want to kill". He's awesome. "My blade...will finish you".

I don't think I can change who I am because I'm destined to be who I am. I truly believe that. I honestly don't know why people can't understand me they just never do.

First step: allow yourself the possibility that you might have a different destiny or ... God forbid ... you can affect and change your own destiny.

I don't think I can change who I am because I'm destined to be who I am. I truly believe that. I honestly don't know why people can't understand me they just never do.

Perhaps they never understand you because your reasoning makes no sense. Hmm...I sense I'm becoming part of the throng right about now. :wink:

You cannot force yourself to read for pleasure, I think. You either really want to, or not. If you ever feel yourself gravitating towards books, let me know, I can recommend tons of shit.

Yes, Sting utters "All I see is an Atriedes I want to kill". He's awesome. "My blade...will finish you".

This is true. When I get into a great book, I can finish it in about a day or two and just want to move onto the next thing. Just not in the mood right now. Oh, thank you, I'll have to take you up on that.

I wish David Bowie was somehow in that movie. Somehow.

Come on Screwy, you can do better than that. I know many fundamentalist religious types who wouldn't even say that they're "destined" to be who they are, God or not.

Destiny is what you make it.

He was off at an exam the other day and he was still viewing the thread, so I think he does, yes.

Correct. My computer is on 24/7 and one of the tabs I have open all the time is this thread. LiveJournal, this thread, Gmail, my Wikipedia watchlist, and Railpage Australia tend to be my five tabs that I always leave open.

Perfect example.

Screwy assumes that anyone disagreeing with him just doesn't understand him and that he's right and they just don't get it. Thus, anytime someone disagrees with him, they fall into that category, and he can dismiss their disagreement as just a lack of understanding. He can't be wrong, under this logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom