Gatti vs Mayweather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Go Gatti! Mayweather is a great fighter but a lousy human being. Gatti has to have the fight of his life to beat Mayweather.

Apparently, Mayweather has kicked the living crap out of Gatti. Gatti's corner stopped the fight in the 6th round.

81 power shots to 8 for Mayweather. That is an asskicking. Poor Gatti, he must have gotten the beating of his life from the mini-Tyson.

Achtung Joshua! said:
I saw the repeat of that fight a few days ago and Mayweather did look good. But nothing compared to the best pound for pound fighter of all time... ROY JONES JR baby!!!

can't agree with you there.

Roy Jones built a great record and was indeed an amazing fighter, but he has a very large fighting record of boxing nobodys, which is why everyone wanted to see him move up in weight. There was no one decent for him to fight. Only one or two names stand out in that long string of victories, one being Bernard Hopkins. That was way back in 93 (before Hopkins polished his skills) and that was a decision bout, not a knockout.

He moved up finally which is amazing, big time respect. But he beat Ruiz, who is the definition of a bum. He lost his last two fights, and I unofficially say the last three because Antonio Karver beat him in the first fight, the decision went to Jones which was bullshit.

Roy Jones is a great fighter, definetly one of the quickest I've seen. I think he was definetly up there in his prime, but his style that he used to box people made him look better than he really was.

I think my pick would be Sugar Ray Robinson, the man had 179 wins in his career. When Muhammed Ali says you're the greatest fighter ever, you got to be good.

Sorry for the ramble, my uncle used to own a boxing gym and I grew up around this stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom