Gasoline Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
never mind the gas prices; Boston Market just raised their price on a quater dark meat chicken with 2 sides....it's like $7.99 now!!!!!:rant: :rant:

...ummm......yeah....soooo.....gas is really high these days......:reject:

my electric bill last month: $95.oo.

do I sweat to death or pay it and enjoy the cool, cool, air conditioning?

:scratch:

oh, here's another:

my cable bill:
includes: cable tv (basic cable; no hbo, etc.) and cable modem for computer (good for downloading music ):applaud:

$98.00

:|

here's the best: when I signed up, I was supposed to get HBO, Encore, etc. with this package price. but I didn't. they said I read it wrong. bullshit. then, a guy came to fix the box one day and somehow he accidently hooked up HBO, Encore, etc.

guess who never told the cable company?

:dance:

Is that what they taught you at PC

THIEF :|

New Jersey usually has some of the cheapest gas in the country...and people pump it for you (freaks).

I read an article today that said that the stations along the Parkway and NJ Turnpike can only change their prices once a week (Thursday mornings I think).

SO....go hit the GSP or Turnpike quick, while gas is only $2.39!

Let's hear it for the Big Boy at the Lombardi!!!

$2.53 (average, for Regular) as of today in Wilmington, NC

I made a statment to a neighbor about 2yrs ago when the prices first starting going over $2/gallon & I still stand by it: The most I will pay at the pump is $25. When that only buys me 4 gallons of gas, that's all I'll drive. :grumpy:

zoney! said:
Invest now in oil companies.

Oh if only I was given the luxury of having tons of disposable income. In fact, I'd probably have millions by now; most of my stock picks do very well.

Melon

Re: Is that what they taught you at PC

zoney! said:
New Jersey usually has some of the cheapest gas in the country...and people pump it for you (freaks).

New Jersey. :heart:

Melon

financeguy said:
€1.05 per litre

I believe that regular unleaded goes for 1.41 euro in the Netherlands. So apparently that is $6.58 per gallon.
Not that it's much better for diesel here, although you could say that $4.90 per gallon is quite a difference...

Yesterday, I paid $2.77 (mid-grade) for the 2005 Nissan Altima and it cost me $41+.

Today, I paid $2.63 for the low-grade for the Chev. Trailblazer and it cost me $37.00.

I have also noted that wine is costing a few bucks more a bottle even for the low-grade....but I did make a fantastic discovery...

One of my favorite bottles of wine is a 1998 Lancaster Alexander Valley that I bought by the case at near $35 a bottle (at cost thru a source)....$59 off the counter at the store to the regular guy.

Last week, I bought Trader Joe's Coastal Cabernet at $3.99 a bottle and it tastes the same if not better! Yes, I bought a case! gotta search for the deal.

melon said:

Oh if only I was given the luxury of having tons of disposable income. In fact, I'd probably have millions by now; most of my stock picks do very well.

Melon

:hmm:

There must be a few people here with some disposal income....maybe we can have a "Ripe Melons" Stock picks of the week.

Anyone want to join me in an expedition down to ExxonMobile headquarters, with trips to other oil companies forthcoming, and punch some executives in the face?

I'm trying not to bitch about gas prices, as I am lucky enough to live in the States for one thing and lucky enough to have a car at all. My bike is now on my front porch and I plan to attempt most, if not all, of my weekend errands without the car; we'll see how it goes.

I am also lucky enough to have a good car (Chevrolet Prizm ranked NUMBER ONE by J.D. Power recently in used-car reliability in the Compact Sedan category...its resale value is actually more than I owe on it!) that gets all-right gas mileage. Nevertheless, I've already cut out my near-daily trips home for lunch during the work day. I filled my car to three-quarters of a tank on Sunday, and it's Thursday and I'm still not even close to a half-tank. Hopefully I can make it till next week before I have to fill up again (when I'll be going "home" for the weekend).

pax said:
I'm trying not to bitch about gas prices, as I am lucky enough to live in the States for one thing and lucky enough to have a car at all. My bike is now on my front porch and I plan to attempt most, if not all, of my weekend errands without the car; we'll see how it goes.

I am also lucky enough to have a good car (Chevrolet Prizm ranked NUMBER ONE by J.D. Power recently in used-car reliability in the Compact Sedan category...its resale value is actually more than I owe on it!) that gets all-right gas mileage. Nevertheless, I've already cut out my near-daily trips home for lunch during the work day. I filled my car to three-quarters of a tank on Sunday, and it's Thursday and I'm still not even close to a half-tank. Hopefully I can make it till next week before I have to fill up again (when I'll be going "home" for the weekend).

Yeah I kinda agree wiht you:up: those poor people in Canada:tsk: I would use my bike more often...but of course this IS vermont and there is nothing withen biking distance:crack:

also considering the whole process of getting the gas, making it and then shipping it, its really not a bad deal when you think about it:hmm: *ducks flying objects....but I still pay more for a gal of milk that comes from my own state:mad:

I've got absolutely no love at all for the oil companies. They are robbing us blind and laughing all the way to the bank.

As for the argument that it is cheaper than a gallon of milk, that is true, but we don't go to the grocery store to buy 20 gallons every week.

randhail said:
I've got absolutely no love at all for the oil companies. They are robbing us blind and laughing all the way to the bank.

As for the argument that it is cheaper than a gallon of milk, that is true, but we don't go to the grocery store to buy 20 gallons every week.

maybe you don't:|

:wink:

I hate the oil companies too but they've got us:madspit: we should all just STOP driving but thats not realistic.

bammo2 said:
If the 'high' (*snort*) petrol prices over there means that some people use their cars less, then there is an advantage to be found in the situation.

:up:

i am very happy right now that i do not own a car. yes, it's a pain in the ass sometimes, but it has its advantages: fresh air, regular exercise, i don't have to worry about insurance/maintenance/gas prices on a daily basis, and it's good for the planet.

randhail said:

...but you don't NEED 20 gallons of gas a week and no one's forcing you to buy it...

:up: what bammo said.

dandy said:

i am very happy right now that i do not own a car. yes, it's a pain in the ass sometimes, but it has its advantages: fresh air, regular exercise, i don't have to worry about insurance/maintenance/gas prices on a daily basis, and it's good for the planet.

Agreed. I've never in my life owned a car or had access to one until now. My boyfriend developed a seizure disorder and isn't allowed to drive at the moment, so I'm driving him around. Honestly, I can't wait to give the car to his little sister when she moves here for school in a few weeks. Ironically, I'm grateful I don't have this instrinsic feeling that I need to have a vehicle b/c everything about having this car has been a pain in the ass! Parking, gas, insurance, traffic....I've started walking everywhere again and only using the car to bring my bf around and do his errands.

I'm just going to repeat what I wrote in the gasoline thread in FYM last week.

sulawesigirl4 said:
Gas prices here figure out to be close to $5 a gallon. And this is one of the poorest countries in the world. Most people don't make that much money in a week! So what do they do? Walk a lot in the blazing sun, balancing heavy loads on their heads...take donkey carts when available or crowded dirty dilapidated minivans converted into communal transport...people, chickens, goats and children stuffed into a small space so tight one can barely breathe. And they pay higher prices for the all the goods that are imported into this landlocked country via the roads.

I'm sorry but when I try to feel sorry for an increase in gas prices the richest most luxurious country in the world when it is significantly more expensive in one of the poorest, I have a hard time summoning up the pity. :|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom