Gas prices coming down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know...but i live in the boonies so our gas doesn't go up and down very much.

it's been $1.43 since before Easter, and will stay that way until we use all the $1.43 gas.

it's kinda nice not to have the fluctuation.

has was 80 cents a litre at one point, but now you can find it it at 65.5 just about everywhere except my hometown which has obviously stocked up on more expensive stuff.

its a good sign.

A haiku about gas prices:

Far too expensive
I am mad at oil tycoons
Drop the price, or else...

You and your haikus.... where's mine?

I noticed the prices a bit cheaper here in the bay area, cali. :up:

Takes a heap o gas to charge the stang :wink:

It's sad to get excited about gas prices being $1.82 right now near me.:sad: As long as they don't go over $2.00 I won't bitch BUT wait a few weeks for Memorial holiday!!! I'm walking dammit!!!:scream:

I would be interested if someone could do the math.
How many litres in a gallon?
The value of the Aussie dollar compared to American?
The price has dropped from $1.07 per litre to currently $1.02 per litre. I think there is roughly 4 litres in a gallon? That would make it $4 a litre?x2 for American dollars? I'm not sure, but I have a feeling it will cost the earth one day.
Enjoy it while it lasts :wave:

$1.02??????? Cass, I never thought I'd say this, but MOVE TO SYDNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We haven't had prices like that for a while now. I got all excited today, bypassing a little shonky servo that had it for 80.9/litre. But my husband managed to get it for 79.9 :hyper:

A US gallon is 3.78 to our litre so if we're paying 80 cents/litre...
302.4 AU....they're paying about 75 cents a litre?

My maths is appalling....:D

I think its roughly the same, give or take like it is here. Anyone correct me if this is blatantly wrong, I hate maths :lol:

here in the UK I pay on average about 76pence per litre. So at 3.78 litres to the US gallon, I'm paying ?2.87 per US gallon. There is US$1.61 to the UK pound today, so that works out that I pay US$4.63 per gallon.

Now THAT'S expensive. Hooray for UK petrol prices.

And it's even more expensive down south, especially London. :mad: :scream:

Last edited:
for the record...or compact disc...yeah whatever!

it was $1.01 per litre yesterday.
Angela, prices and quality of fuel vary so much around here ( Woolworths elcheapo petrol makes the engine ping), I always buy my fuel from our local corner store. I like the young family that own/operate it and they do a lot for the community. It's only a matter of a few cents difference and their fuel is reliable.
Kind of the old think globally , act locally philosophy I suppose. I look forward to the day when we no longer require a car. I want a camel.

Back
Top Bottom