Gary Jules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Heard it today, after much enthusiastic raving from various others and frankly...I do not understand how it can be deemed better than the original.

Just wanted to share that.

:slant:

aww, come on
I've heard dozens & dozens of people raving about this song

I want to know what it is that I am missing this time

i will say as much as i love it as a stand-alone song it works so much better in the context of donnie darko. i think it simply captured a time and place, as well as a variety of emotions which many people can relate and connect to at the moment. i'm still unsure myself about his latest album..i think many people had misconceptions about what to expect.

I've never actually heard of this Gary Jules before this. I haven't seen Donnie Darko either so perhaps I am not qualified to voice my opinion lol. The original, while not being excessively different, has everything this cover does not.
I think, anyway.
:wink:

I haven't seen that movie either
I doubt it would make the song less boring though :hmm:
:D

his album got a great review over here though :up:

His albums really good, I dont think Mad World is as good as the tears for fears but I do really love it in a different way. I really like Donnie Darko and it fits so well at the end of the film.

it's better than the Tears for Fears original

more moving and, lets say, "haunting"

I'd say it's haunting...

I haven't seen Donnie Darko yet (next week, most likely after I pay off $30 in overdue movie store fines) :ohmy: Nor have I heard the Tears for Fears version so I can't say which is better.

I do know that I :hearted: this Gary Jules version after the reccomendation of the song by )( and Ms Fleur.

you haven't seen amelie??
thong you will adore it! i guarantee this. seriously, if anyone is to love a movie, it is you and amelie.
rent it this weekend!
:heart:

FLOWER?!!!!?!!!?!?!?!!!
You AND Thong MUST see it! See it together, and then the 3 of us will converge on Meggie's place and watch Goodbye Lenin. We will pick ~@~ up on the way and make popcorn and it will be grand.

:up:

You'll need to watch Donnie Darko more than once to have a chance of understanding the theory behind the film Angie. In the same way as Memento it holds your attention throughout because you know every scene or line may help you understand the story when you reach the credits. I'm sure you'll enjoy.

ps. a trip to see the lemurs would indeed be great.

Well, it's hired, and now sitting in the loungeroom somewhere. I will see it before I die. I swear Video Ezy are tragically stupid. I asked them where Goodbye Lenin was and they looked it up and all, no idea what I was talking about. Keep in mind, the Video Ezy I go to is 2 floors high, yet somehow they have nothing.
Arses.
pffft.

I am loving your recommendations @ :)

Angela Harlem said:
Well, it's hired, and now sitting in the loungeroom somewhere. I will see it before I die. I swear Video Ezy are tragically stupid. I asked them where Goodbye Lenin was and they looked it up and all, no idea what I was talking about. Keep in mind, the Video Ezy I go to is 2 floors high, yet somehow they have nothing.
Arses.
pffft.

I am loving your recommendations @ :)

I don't think it's out anywhere yet (except possibly in Germany). I saw it over the summer, so it should be out soonish, though. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom