Garth Brooks' ex-wife kidnapped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma (AP) -- The ex-wife of country music star Garth Brooks was kidnapped at gunpoint by a man who worked on her farm after she cooperated with a bail bondsman who wanted to arrest the worker, authorities said Tuesday.

Sandy Brooks had allowed the bondsman onto her property Monday to apprehend the man, who was wanted on an outstanding warrant. The worker responded by drawing a weapon, forcing her into a car and ordering her to drive away, said Barry Lamb, undersheriff of Rogers County.

After driving for several miles (kilometers), Brooks stopped the car and fled into a convenience store, Lamb said.

Quintine Cornelius Harper, 24, was arrested and charged Tuesday with kidnapping and weapons offenses, police said.

Sandy Brooks and Garth Brooks were married for 15 years. The couple have three children, but none were present at the time of the kidnapping, Lamb said.

Garth Brooks married Trisha Yearwood in a private ceremony in December at their home northeast of Tulsa.

Sandy Brooks lives nearby, Lamb said

Im kind of puzzled with how her captor just let her stop the car like that and get away. Mean he went to the length of kidnapping her in order to avoid arrest ::scratch: Happy she's alright though and that it didn't turn ugly in the end.

Was just as strange in the local paper this morning. One of the things i read was that he threatened that she would never see her kids again if he she didn't go. They drove approximately 6 miles, before she pulled into the gas station and escaped. The thing I don't get is that I thought in most states a police officer had to be present when a bondsman makes an arrest? Either way I don't think the bondsman handled the situation right and in turn put her in danger.

Back
Top Bottom