GARBAGE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valvenus8

Acrobat
for any fellow Garbage fans,
somebody said this was there setlist tonight:

Push It
Special
I Think I'm Paranoid
Drive You Home
#1 Crush
Stupid Girl
Till The Day I Die
Shut Your Mouth
Only Happy When It Rains
Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go)

also they have added more entries to their diary at Garbage.com in case your interested here's part of what they've written:
Friday 12
I can hear that U2 have just finished their soundcheck (I can't begin to describe how magical it is to hear them play through the walls of our dressing room) which means that it's time for us to go do ours. Must jump to it!!!

Saturday 13th
Oh it is so crazyfantastic to be back on the road again.
And the U2 folks.....all their crew and staff have been so accomodating and kind that it makes me dizzy.There's an incredible atmosphere backstage which believe me,is highly unusual.And the band themselves couldn't be more gracious.
Everyone in Garbage ( band and crew alike ) feel extremely priviliged to be on this tour and we're sucking every glorious moment of it deep down into our lungs.

to hear audio of their performance at NotreDame go to: http://www.afn.org/~afn01455
Go to audio, then live - chicago (it's mislabeled)

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

The set in Hamilton was pretty much the same but they played Silence is Golden.

I'm off to check out that recording of their show! that's pretty cool.. I have to say ending the set with Cherry Lips is an awesome idea!

GARBAGE ROCKS!

Wow. these mp3s are sweeet!!! not the bestest quality, but it's bringing it all back to me!!

Awesome band. I just got the new cd today and I love it. Cherry Lips is so catchy, I love Drive You Home too....I have their other 2 albums, and they just flat out rock. They were great in Chicago!!!

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Garbage is so cool ! I love the new album.. I will be seeing No Doubt this tour, which is fine with me because I've always wanted to see them, but I'm kinda bummed not to see Garbage!

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Garbage is so cool ! I love the new album.. I will be seeing No Doubt this tour, which is fine with me because I've always wanted to see them, but I'm kinda bummed not to see Garbage!

same thing w/me I'll be seeing No Doubt in Austin, and although I love their music I really am disappointed that I won't be able to see Garbage.

Apparently No Doubt has some new stuff on the way, so I'm sure that'll be cool to see too. (Prays for "Just a Girl" and "Simple Kind of Life".
wink.gif
)

------------------

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Garbage ROCKS!!
In Hamilton, I almost wore myself out before U2 came out because of them. Push It was an incredible opener to their set, and they ended it perfectly with Cherry Lips

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

Man, I would have been so bummed!
frown.gif

But, hopefully Butch gets better soon...they are an awesome live band and I hope they get to finish out this string of dates with the boys.

I agree, I almost (almost) wore myself out with them Monday night. I was like, "Yeah, 'k Garbage hurry it up..." before they came on since I was so anxious for U2, but excitement hit me as soon as I saw Shirley onstage. Awesome show.

------------------

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

I felt a bit uncertain about whether I like the new album at first, but I grew to love it very quickly. "Cherry Lips" in particular is a such damn fine, catchy song.

I must admit that I have as much crush on Shirley Manson as a decidedly heterosexual woman can possibly have,
smile.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Apparently No Doubt has some new stuff on the way

yep, you can see cool footage of them working on their new album 'Rock Steady' at nodoubt.com

I just heard Garbage won't play Baltimore!
frown.gif

Butch Vig is in the hospital and so they've had to cancel on opening for U2 in Baltimore

on another note new diary entries have been added to Garbage.com

Oct. 16th
Bono just has such an incredible ability to harness the crowd's energy and feed it straight back to them, resulting in what seems like communal ecstasy.I've never seen anything quite like it.Our Bono is indeed a mighty force.He walks into a room and all the air gets sucked right out.He is completely magnetic.

Oct. 17
Currently enjoying a day off here in Chicago which is just as well really as we were out on the ramp up into the wee small hours last night at a U2 aftershow party and consequently we're all nursing nasty little hangovers. Butch is brutally sick with a viral flu infection and is in his bed with a temperature of a 103 degrees.The ROCKDOC has already been consulted but nevertheless we're all really worried about him. Poor, helpless,little duck.

[This message has been edited by valvenus8 (edited 10-19-2001).]

I'd like to have some fun with the bass player.
wink.gif

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom