Garage Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowKite

War Child
I saw a preview for this film over the weekend and I caught a VERY brief glimpse of a Bono look a like in the trailer. The premise seems to be 'what if you were in this garage band and you worked and worked to get a big break and you FINALLY get it and then - well, your band sucks?!'

There is a lot of "I was born to be a star" posing by the lead and then a swooping shot of 'Bono' - no context - just picture.

So - is this worth the $10 then? The concept of the film is cool and it's Australian - who's film industry is running hot right now, so it could great.

What do you think?

BTW - here's the movie link Garage Days

Last edited:
I can tell you for a fact that - unless we watched a different movie - that is not Bono.

I couldn't even sit through the entirety of Garage Days. It's just fairly lame, boring and ordinary. I couldn't honestly see the point of yet another movie in this vein. This sort of thing has been done before, and better.

the commitments was a good movie...never heard of garage days, but i don't expect much from the megaplex which shows dumb and dumberer in two different theaters weeks after it's been out :shrug:

Kieran McConville said:
I can tell you for a fact that - unless we watched a different movie - that is not Bono.

I couldn't even sit through the entirety of Garage Days. It's just fairly lame, boring and ordinary. I couldn't honestly see the point of yet another movie in this vein. This sort of thing has been done before, and better.

I didn't see the movie - only the trailer and I didn't think it WAS Bono - just a look a like - and I wondered about the context of having a Bono in the movie.

So if you saw the movie what was the reason?

Back
Top Bottom