Gamers Zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Empire at War is fun. In a way, it is a major update to the old Star Wars: Rebellion game.

I just need to steal the plans for the Mon Calamari cruiser......

Diemen said:
I've been into racing games lately. Forza Motorsport is damn cool. Realistic physics, top notch graphics, huge car selection and a nice track selection. I need to get me a wheel, though.
Racing games :drool:

Forza is great, and yeah, it's really meant to be played with a wheel.

I am currently getting into Live for Speed, one of the most popular PC race sims currently. I play with a gamepad, but to drive the Formula 1 cars you really need a wheel to make small steering corrections without throwing the car into a spin.

If you're looking for an addictive PC arcade racing game, try GeneRally.
It's quite addictive, especially when you see that it comes with a track editor to make your own courses.

RavenBlue said:

What system are you most looking forward to?

Nintendo Revolution
XBOX 360
PS3

Nintendo Revolution definitely. It's supposed to be released this year isn't it? :hyper: Bit ironic isn't it that I'm looking forward to the release of this console purely because it lets me download Nintendo games that are years old!

didnt the PS3 get put back again?

Its between the Revolution and PS3 for me...i usually go for the one with more RPGs, adventure/action games as such.

The new Onimusha does look great:hmm:

I will want a PS3 mostly due to Gran Turismo 53.1.

I'll buy anything to play Gran Turismo. :drool:

Lets see

I have a 360

Call of Duty 2 hand down an awesome game!

I also love Golden Eye for the Nintendo 64. Best Shooter ever!

for the PC I like the Total War games.

I have a buncha PC's and I LOVE Rome: Total War. Plus my own mac.

I have a PS2 and a bunch of games for that.

That's really about it

I can remember playing Wizardry on my friend's Apple II... Old School

Classic games on the NES:
Legend Of Zelda
Final Fantasy 1
River City Ransom (ohhh yeeeah)

I really got into games when I got a Playstation...

2 words: SILENT HILL

That game scared the bu-jesus out of me, several times. I still think it's the most fun I have ever had playing a video game..

Resident Evil was good for a couple of scares but SH grabs hold of you and does not let go.

Highly recomend it to anyone who's into getting scared and having their mind blown...

RavenBlue said:
I just learned that the new Zelda, that I thought was going to be released for the Gamecube is now going only to be released on the Revolution! Blarg!

I thought there was going to be two versions one for the revolution and one for the gamecube?

First, omg my favorite thread of life is back! :drool: I was wondering where it went. :hyper:

Second, while The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess has been delayed until later this year (most likely a Summer or further release) This will NOT, repeat, NOT be released for the Revolution as of now, nor will it be made into two seperate issues for both consoles. The video game is a Nintendo Gamecube release only. What some may be misinformed about is the ABILITY to play LOZ:TP on the Revolution, which is already confirmed as possible. The game will be able to utilize the new controller (although details on how are not final), and obviously able to be played on Revolution. So 2 versions? no. Revolution Exclusive? no. Next-Gen capable? yes.

Some more video game news lately that may be worth noting:
-The Revolution has been confirmed to not only be a backwards library to download all previous Nintendo console games but Sega Genesis & Turbo Grafx 16!
-The PS3 had been previously revealed to launch in Japan at a speculated "less than 50,000 yen" which translates to around $465 US Dollars. The most up-to-date price leak has jumped to "around 499 to 599 Euros" which translates to between $613-$736 US Dollars. Neither has been confirmed.
-Nintendo has already released an upgraded DS called the Nintendo DS Lite (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24255638)
-The Xbox360 will be upgrading it's CPU due to overheating problems that caused games to freeze and whatnot. If you plan to buy an Xbox360 make sure and get the upgraded one!
-E3 2006 is almost upon us. It is being held in Los Angeles, CA. The most notable going-on being, as always, the "Big Three" and their conferences discussing basically the important news for the gaming community to know. Software news, console news, shock and awe, etc. It will be held from May 9th-12th. If you are part of a gaming publication (magazine, website, etc) you may be eligable to attend E3 if you can provide proof of your association with an interactive entertainment-related company, because it is a "trade-only" event.

If this thread is still up while E3 is going on, I'll check back with all the noteworthy tidbits.

Here are some new and upcoming titles you may want to check out for current consoles/handhelds:

PS2
-Okami
-Kingdom Hearts II
-Final Fantasy XII
-God Of War II
-Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Gamecube
-Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Chibi Robo
-Odama
-Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

XBox360
-Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion
-Phantasy Star Universe
-Gears Of War
-Too Human

PSP
-Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
-Guilty Gear: Judgement
-Rockman Dash (Mega Man Legends)
-Breath Of Fire III

DS
-Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
-Final Fantasy III
-Brain Age

Last edited:
^thanks for the Zelda info!

Okami looks and sounds amazing:drool:

Was there not some problem regarding the blu-ray technology sony were using in the PS3 that was meant to delay its release?

-The Revolution has been confirmed to not only be a backwards library to download all previous Nintendo console games but Sega Genesis & Turbo Grafx 16!

That bit of info is like heaven sent mana...that will be brilliant to have the whole nintendo consoles back catalogues and the Genesis'........

Well the whole deal with the Blu-Ray delay was because Sony still needed more time to finalize the "copyright-protection technology" and since that's a huge part of the PS3 selling point, they decided to push it back a bit. It will be released in (hopefully) November of this year.

And yes Okami looks amazing, and it's getting some great reviews by Famitsu (39/40) and others. That is set to hit shelves on September of this year. Long way off.

TheQuiet1 said:
Is 'The Movies' any good? It looks great but do any of you own it? What do you think to it?

I have it.

I bought it the first day it was released and installed. When i installed it i could'nt get it to work it kept crashing to the desktop. I looked on the Movies forum and there was other people having the same problem.

Fot the first few weeks, the only way to play this game was disabling my sound card or turning down the volume in the games settings.

The patch has been released, and there might be several updates now, i'm not sure, i haven't played it in months.

You're very limited to what you can do in the game and it gets very repetative.

Its much like the Sims games. In order to progress through the story mode you have to keep your stars happy. But before you keep your stars happy, you have to do this, before you do that you have to do another thing :crack: it gets really fustrating. After you use the actors over and over agian, is like real life - the audience gets tired of them - and you have to re-hire younger actors and go through the cycle again.

LJT said:

That bit of info is like heaven sent mana...that will be brilliant to have the whole nintendo consoles back catalogues and the Genesis'........

Doesn't it just. :drool: :drool: :drool: And apparently the Nintendo DS has been consistently outselling the Sony PSP in Japan. Could this be the start of a great revival for Nintendo? :hyper:

waynetravis said:

I have it.

I bought it the first day it was released and installed. When i installed it i could'nt get it to work it kept crashing to the desktop. I looked on the Movies forum and there was other people having the same problem.

Fot the first few weeks, the only way to play this game was disabling my sound card or turning down the volume in the games settings.

The patch has been released, and there might be several updates now, i'm not sure, i haven't played it in months.

You're very limited to what you can do in the game and it gets very repetative.

Its much like the Sims games. In order to progress through the story mode you have to keep your stars happy. But before you keep your stars happy, you have to do this, before you do that you have to do another thing :crack: it gets really fustrating. After you use the actors over and over agian, is like real life - the audience gets tired of them - and you have to re-hire younger actors and go through the cycle again.

Thanks for the info Wayne. I enjoyed The Sims games but I know what you mean about the repetitiveness of it all.

The DS outselling the PSP was probably always going to happen, Nintendo has always been top of the handheld market in Japan...Nintendo's revival really depends on the Revolution which is sounding more and more a great console:D

Nintendo :rockon:

<always has been on the Nintendo bandwagon

My brother recently got Medal of Honor European Assault. We had rented it before and I really liked it. The multiplayer levels are great, some really big ones with great hiding spots.

:drool:

After a year long break from GTA: San Andreas, I beat it yesterday. What a life-fulfilling experience! :drool: :drool: Apparently I have a lot more to do though. :D

Besides that, I'm waiting until the end of finals + a big paycheck to nab Kingdom Hearts II. My friend is completely addicted to it. I can't rememeber if I finished the first one, I think I did.

I also *love* The Sims 2 but I can't keep up with all the expansion packs! :sigh:
The Sims: University is a little bit too close to real life for me to enjoy completely. :uhoh:

A Nintendo "revival" is definitely on the up and up from what we have been seeing in Japan and the States. As far as Nintendo reaching #1 once again worldwide... I highly doubt it. Sony has such a lock on consoles at the moment that unless the PS3's price range totally discourages consumers from buying it, they will sell like hotcakes. If only for the PlayStation brand name.

Yes the DS has sold incredibly well in Japan. The most recent update of Media Create Hardware Sales shows:

1 DS Lite: 140,969 (827,737, 827,737)
2 DS: 37,204 (767,772, 6,414,722)
3 PS2: 27,549 (504,215, 19,208,840)
4 PSP: 26,340 (609,398, 3,292,355)
5 GBASP: 6,372 (100,814, 5,793,250)
6 GBM: 3676 (62,678, 477,766)
7 Xbox 360: 1,926 (37,287, 107,855)
8 GC: 1,080 (43,649, 4,137,238)
9 GBA: 46 (2,397, 8,822,044)
10 Xbox: 30 (1,355, 47,5200)

This shows a slight increase in Xbox360 sales which usually trail behind the Gamecube a bit. It also shows that combining both models of the DS bring this weeks total to almost 200K units sold. About 7 times as much as the next on the list, the PS2 (wow@PS2 still selling boatloads)

For Software the DS is also king of Japan:

1 Train Your Brain 2 (Nintendo, DS): 70,984 (1,886,802)
2 Train Your Brain (Nintendo, DS): 51,931 (1,929,506)
3 Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo, DS): 49,168 (2,462,062)
4 Legend of Starfy 4(Nintendo, DS): 47,971
5 Guilty Gear XX Slash (Sega, PS2): 43,601
6 DS English Training (Nintendo, DS): 43,365 (846,714)
7 Pokemon Ranger (Nintendo, DS): 38,030 (359,001)
8 FFXII (Square Enix, PS2): 24,694 (2,150,671)
9 Pro Yakyu [Baseball] Sta 2006 (Bandai Namco): 20,959 (72,986)
10 Pro Yakyu Spirit 3 (Konami, PS2): 20,604 (89,142)

That's 6 of the top 10 software sales for this past week going to the DS, the rest for the PS2. OMGWTFLOLBBQ Nintendo iz d00m3d!

More news to come as I find it. :D

Last edited:
In addition to Twilight Princess, there are a few more games that look to be very promising. Take a look at some very intricate gameplay from Birth to Playing God of your own universe! This is Spore.

Spore (35 mins of Gameplay)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXMsWNGcbP4

As some have said, Okami is very beautiful game with some very cool gameplay. The story of the game is that an evil force, Orochi, has been unleashed on the world and you as Okami Amaterasu, a white wolf, must save everyone. Alot of the video game will be focused on the use of paint and watercolor/cel-shaded graphics.

Okami Trailer With Gameplay (Japanese Voiceovers)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CND5RvoNTQ4
White Wolf Action- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwRPe_6tV0E

The first DS Zelda game has finally been annonced. Phantom Hourglass brings the WinkWaker's cel-shaded look back, this time on a handheld. Here is the trailer. Check out the cool new way to control Link's Boomerang.

Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dzbr-8xtYo

Finally, For those that want to see some video of the highly anticipated LOZ:TP here is a link (pun intended) showcasing alot of gameplay as well as an interview with Eiji Aounuma I believe, who is the creative director of the upcoming title!

Part 1(Tauro Village)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RteZSP96jms
Part 2 (Horseback Riding/Bridge Battle)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBr4C2FE7QA
Part 3 (Forest Temple)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE5MLCx0xAY

Enjoy!

I've just been playing some old demo disks from 2003:

Anachronox. It's an RPG that I really enjoyed playing. The battle system I don't think much to but I really love the explore mode. :drool:

Blitzkrieg. It's a WW2 RTS. I'm enjoying it even if sometimes it's really hard to keep track of what's happening in the middle of a battle...

Anno 1503. Another RTS! In this one you build a settlement and trade with others etc. I sorta felt with this one that I could just build more and more houses and the population just seemed to grow. I felt like nothing I was doing (building more farms, market places etc) was actually having any effect on the game. Tropico (which wasn't exactly the same, this time you're a dictator on a small Caribbean island in the middle of the Cold War) was so much better if incredibly difficult!

Anyone got any thoughts on the above games?

I know nothing about those games. What systems are they for? PC?

News:

#Nintendo adds 4 more titles to the Player's Choice library.
$19.99 at the start of May:

Star Fox Assault
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Pikmin 2
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

#Square Enix announced their lineup on display for E32006
http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/4/24-47

PS2:

Dawn of Mana
Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus*
Final Fantasy XII*
Valkyrie Profile 2

GBA:

Final Fantasy V Advance*
Final Fantasy VI Advance*

Nintendo DS:

Children of Mana
Dragon Quest Heroes
Final Fantasy III*

PSP:

Valkyrie Profile Leenth

Mobile Phones:

Final Fantasy VII Before Crisis*
Final Fantasy 1*

*(whut iz dis Final Fantasy j00 speek uv?)

#Xbox360 "exclusive" Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to be a Playstation 3 launch title.
http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/4/25-51

#PSP getting Firmware v2.70 on April25th in Japan-
http://www.psphyper.com/psp/loco-roco-demo-and-firmware-270/#respond
(In addition to being able to download video game demos via "teh intarwebs" PSP will now be able to have AAC compatible music and a Macromedia Flash Player 6 for the Web Browser, pretty cool.)

Last edited:
catlhere said:
I know nothing about those games. What systems are they for? PC?

Yep.

^ Square Enix seem determined to cash in every way possible on Final Fantasy VII ever since they 'broke the rules' by creating a sequel to Final Fanatsy X. I can't help but feel this is going to be bad for the final fantasy series. I loved FFVII but I think FF games should stay as one offs, not be given sequels...

I've played Anno...I had some trouble with it suprisingly, no matter what I seemed to do, the settlement would never grow:huh:

Blitzkrieg i've played on a demo disc too...I think Anachronox was on it too:eyebrow:

I think we have the same demo discs:wink:

LJT said:
I've played Anno...I had some trouble with it suprisingly, no matter what I seemed to do, the settlement would never grow:huh:

Blitzkrieg i've played on a demo disc too...I think Anachronox was on it too:eyebrow:

I think we have the same demo discs:wink:

:lol: Probably!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom