Gamers Zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario 2 sucks?!?! GRR! :mad:

Mario 2 is the most underrated of all the marios. The fact that you could play as not only Mario and Luigi, but Princess Peach and Toad as well makes the game easily a classic. Princess Peach floaty skirt =win!

And yes the original Mario had a sequel put out that was never released in american i believe, and so they included it on All-Stars as "Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels"

That game was actually Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan, not the SMB2 that we know now. The one we play on All-Stars is a variation of a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic, with mario characters added. When they brought it to america, they changed the names around and made The Lost Levels just an extra bonus for us, and Super Mario USA into SMB2

Confusing? lol.

Speaking of the little Italian plumber. If you're hankering for a mario fix, there are 2 games coming out in this year that shoud satisfy. New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS is a return to the 2D side-scrolling that we knew and loved on NES. Super Princess Peach is basically a mario game, but playing as her highness. It has the same style of gameplay, but most likely geared towards female gamers. It's already out in Japan I think, but not slated to come to america as of yet.

catlhere said:
Mario 2 sucks?!?! GRR! :mad:

Mario 2 is the most underrated of all the marios. The fact that you could play as not only Mario and Luigi, but Princess Peach and Toad as well makes the game easily a classic. Princess Peach floaty skirt =win!
sorry, i just never got into it :reject:

i haaaaated playing as toad and luigi. they were both so worthless! at least princess peach could jump really high.

perv! :wink:

And yes the original Mario had a sequel put out that was never released in american i believe, and so they included it on All-Stars as "Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels"
oooh, i did not know that :hmm:

Super Princess Peach is basically a mario game, but playing as her highness. It has the same style of gameplay, but most likely geared towards female gamers.
sexism! :tsk:

Anyone here played the new Bond, From Russia With Love? I really like it. They've really honed the third person gameplay and.. come on.. they've got Sean Connery too. I beat it on Operative, but didn't get any ending really. So I guess it's likely that I'll have to beat it on Agent before I get to see any real ending ... that better be the case. I've unlocked all the multiplayer characters.. the only thing I wish they would've done is had more stuff to unlock. But I like the idea of only one Bond move per level, and the attache cases are fun to find (and sometimes quite trying to open).

Last edited:
I find it interesting to see that there are still Quake 1 servers out there. I love quake, and I used to play it online quite a fair bit.. especially runequake. So I've been thinking of giving that a go again. The only real downfall is that I'm still on dialup. Oh well.. lag builds patience that's for sure.

There are 2 things that I didn't like about Mario 2:

1. The really weird way that you sort of jumped and then kinda floated about in mid-air for a bit before coming back down...

2. Those enemies that followed you everywhere (I think it was only after you picked up a key or something) even after you'd gone through doorways and things!

But at least it was completely different from Mario 1, it wasn't just some cheap rehash.

TheQuiet1 said:
Those enemies that followed you everywhere (I think it was only after you picked up a key or something) even after you'd gone through doorways and things!

But at least it was completely different from Mario 1, it wasn't just some cheap rehash.
yes!!! :mad: :mad: god i forgot about that until you mentioned that.

but yeah, it was definitely completely different so i have to give them credit for not just making practically the same game all over again.

So I finally gave in and found a copy of The Sims 2 in Mexico. Uh, yeah. Anyhow, I'm finding it hard to raise a good, respectful family here. I tried several campaigns with single guys, most of their houses burnt down I remember.

My latest effort, Roger Poopdecker, was a fine fellow. Good EMT, had some nice stuff in his modest bungalow, heck he even had a money tree.

Everything was going peachy, apparently Roger also batted for the other team as he regularly brought home two EMT male friends to make out with. In the end he married EMT Jay, but lost his job in a terrible sidewalk accident. He then died of depression.

So then I was left with Jay, who did fuck all but made good money. Unfortunately the grief from Roger's death also seemed to kill Jay, and the house was empty.

I mean, if this was the archaic time of the 1980s we could blame Roger's death on GRID, but I have a feeling I just suck at the internet and games. Any advice for keeping my sims not dead?
Ah Sims drama. :huh:

Canadiens1160 said:
So I finally gave in and found a copy of The Sims 2 in Mexico. Uh, yeah. Anyhow, I'm finding it hard to raise a good, respectful family here.
you're trying to raise a respectful family? :huh: my sim's goal is to become a huge slut :giggle:

Well for Gamecube versions The Sims original got a ranking of about 85% while the Sims 2 only got about a 75%

The highest rated Sims is The Sims 2 for PC I believe.

Hope that helps! :D

My cousin absolutely loves Sims 2. I've not played it myself but from what I've heard it improves on The Sims in almost every way.

Hey fellow gamers, this is my first post in this topic, and as such, I think it's important to share my favorite games:

1. Beyond Good and Evil (Xbox/ps2/GCN/PC)
2. NiGHTS into Dreams (Saturn)
3. Space Channel 5 (Dreamcast)

topplehatU2 said:
Hey fellow gamers, this is my first post in this topic, and as such, I think it's important to share my favorite games:

1. Beyond Good and Evil (Xbox/ps2/GCN/PC)
2. NiGHTS into Dreams (Saturn)
3. Space Channel 5 (Dreamcast)

:wave: Welcome aboard!

^That's a cool website RB. :up:

To go even more old skool:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cgi

I can't remember whether I already posted this link or not. Basically it's the ultimate speccy resource with a lot of games available to play online. It's 100% legal (from what I can make out the owner writes to gaming companies to get their permission). Unfortunately one of my fav speccy games ever (Hijack) has recently had to be removed from the site because the gaming company wouldn't give (or withdrew) permission. :(

Hooray the gamer thread is back! -huggles topiX-

Just to let you guys/girls know, there is a pricedrop for RE4 at gamestop.com! 19.99, go get it now! Sorry, but it's only the GCN version.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie_test=1&product_id=220231

To all of you Castlevania lovers, The GBA is actually putting Harmony Of Dissonance/Aria Of Sorrow on the same game pak! Both games are above a great 85% at gamerankings, and are definitely a must have for traditional Castlevania enthusiasts! It's out now, so go grab urself a copy!
http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=lsJG5osXoAq3Ujk2ZuDgZXgm757LV6_d&

And one last note, Tales Of Legendia, for the PS2 is coming up, so don't forget to put that on your "to-buy" list. If you like an action based RPG with a sort of real-time combat (not your typical click "attack" on a menu, it's more of actually moving at the enemy and doing combos like a fighter) this is definitely a game to watch out for. It's being released next month, we'll find out then if it can live up to the "Tales Of" name. which also reminds me, if you own a PS2/GCN Tales Of Symphonia is an amazing game, go buy it. over 70 hours of gameplay!

I recommend the Star Wars: Empire at War demo to any RTS fans out there. It's currently out for PC and it's a blast.

Canadiens1160 said:
I recommend the Star Wars: Empire at War demo to any RTS fans out there. It's currently out for PC and it's a blast.

It looks like LucasArts finally got it right with this one.

The first two attempts at a Star Wars RTS game were dreadful.

nbcrusader said:

It looks like LucasArts finally got it right with this one.

The first two attempts at a Star Wars RTS game were dreadful.

There's nothing better than a good reign terror.....
My housemates and I are already devising our strategies for kicking each others' ass in space and on land.

EAW_20060130_00433092.jpg

EAW_20060130_00514978.jpg

EAW_20060130_00564715.jpg

EAW_20060201_04543918.jpg

EDIT: The bottom screen is from my new Geforce 6600GT 'it ain't top o' the line but it has pixel shading and a fast memory core' video card :D

OK, here's some bullshit: I was 68 games into a season of NHL2K5, and it glitched. It's now unplayable. That's the closest I've ever come to actually finish a sports season other than football. :mad: And on top of that, I had the Isle's dominating. we were gonna bring the cup to the Island!!! WTF!

Canadiens1160 said:

There's nothing better than a good reign terror.....
My housemates and I are already devising our strategies for kicking each others' ass in space and on land.

Guess where my weekend will be spent??? :wink:

Anyone play the sims 2?

Edit: Ah yeah i see, sorry i just read a page back..

Know of any good download sites? I use thesimsresource.com but I can't seem to get any of the meshes to work..

Last edited:
I've been into racing games lately. Forza Motorsport is damn cool. Realistic physics, top notch graphics, huge car selection and a nice track selection. I need to get me a wheel, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom