Gamers Zone - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:41 PM
Mario 2 was always one of my favs.

Then there was the other "Mario 2" the Lost Years or something... it's on All-stars. Haven't beat that one either

Old 01-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Mario 2 sucks?!?! GRR!

Mario 2 is the most underrated of all the marios. The fact that you could play as not only Mario and Luigi, but Princess Peach and Toad as well makes the game easily a classic. Princess Peach floaty skirt =win!

And yes the original Mario had a sequel put out that was never released in american i believe, and so they included it on All-Stars as "Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels"

That game was actually Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan, not the SMB2 that we know now. The one we play on All-Stars is a variation of a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic, with mario characters added. When they brought it to america, they changed the names around and made The Lost Levels just an extra bonus for us, and Super Mario USA into SMB2

Confusing? lol.

Speaking of the little Italian plumber. If you're hankering for a mario fix, there are 2 games coming out in this year that shoud satisfy. New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS is a return to the 2D side-scrolling that we knew and loved on NES. Super Princess Peach is basically a mario game, but playing as her highness. It has the same style of gameplay, but most likely geared towards female gamers. It's already out in Japan I think, but not slated to come to america as of yet.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #153
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by catlhere
Mario 2 sucks?!?! GRR!

Mario 2 is the most underrated of all the marios. The fact that you could play as not only Mario and Luigi, but Princess Peach and Toad as well makes the game easily a classic. Princess Peach floaty skirt =win!
sorry, i just never got into it

i haaaaated playing as toad and luigi. they were both so worthless! at least princess peach could jump really high.

perv!

Quote:
And yes the original Mario had a sequel put out that was never released in american i believe, and so they included it on All-Stars as "Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels"
oooh, i did not know that

Quote:
Super Princess Peach is basically a mario game, but playing as her highness. It has the same style of gameplay, but most likely geared towards female gamers.
sexism!
Old 01-23-2006, 01:06 AM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:41 PM
http://www.thoron.org/skrar/1115793473.wmv

Some humor gamers might be able to appreciate.....
Old 01-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Anyone here played the new Bond, From Russia With Love? I really like it. They've really honed the third person gameplay and.. come on.. they've got Sean Connery too. I beat it on Operative, but didn't get any ending really. So I guess it's likely that I'll have to beat it on Agent before I get to see any real ending ... that better be the case. I've unlocked all the multiplayer characters.. the only thing I wish they would've done is had more stuff to unlock. But I like the idea of only one Bond move per level, and the attache cases are fun to find (and sometimes quite trying to open).
Old 01-26-2006, 01:01 PM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

I find it interesting to see that there are still Quake 1 servers out there. I love quake, and I used to play it online quite a fair bit.. especially runequake. So I've been thinking of giving that a go again. The only real downfall is that I'm still on dialup. Oh well.. lag builds patience that's for sure.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:41 AM
There are 2 things that I didn't like about Mario 2:

1. The really weird way that you sort of jumped and then kinda floated about in mid-air for a bit before coming back down...

2. Those enemies that followed you everywhere (I think it was only after you picked up a key or something) even after you'd gone through doorways and things!

But at least it was completely different from Mario 1, it wasn't just some cheap rehash.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #158
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1
Those enemies that followed you everywhere (I think it was only after you picked up a key or something) even after you'd gone through doorways and things!

But at least it was completely different from Mario 1, it wasn't just some cheap rehash.
yes!!! god i forgot about that until you mentioned that.

but yeah, it was definitely completely different so i have to give them credit for not just making practically the same game all over again.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:21 PM   #159
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:41 PM
So I finally gave in and found a copy of The Sims 2 in Mexico. Uh, yeah. Anyhow, I'm finding it hard to raise a good, respectful family here. I tried several campaigns with single guys, most of their houses burnt down I remember.

My latest effort, Roger Poopdecker, was a fine fellow. Good EMT, had some nice stuff in his modest bungalow, heck he even had a money tree.

Everything was going peachy, apparently Roger also batted for the other team as he regularly brought home two EMT male friends to make out with. In the end he married EMT Jay, but lost his job in a terrible sidewalk accident. He then died of depression.

So then I was left with Jay, who did fuck all but made good money. Unfortunately the grief from Roger's death also seemed to kill Jay, and the house was empty.

I mean, if this was the archaic time of the 1980s we could blame Roger's death on GRID, but I have a feeling I just suck at the internet and games. Any advice for keeping my sims not dead?
Ah Sims drama.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #160
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
So I finally gave in and found a copy of The Sims 2 in Mexico. Uh, yeah. Anyhow, I'm finding it hard to raise a good, respectful family here.
you're trying to raise a respectful family? my sim's goal is to become a huge slut
Old 01-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

I've been tempted to get a Sims game for the Gamecube for awhile now. Just curious as to what is the best one to start out with.. and if it's worth the moola..
Old 01-27-2006, 02:23 PM   #162
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Well for Gamecube versions The Sims original got a ranking of about 85% while the Sims 2 only got about a 75%

The highest rated Sims is The Sims 2 for PC I believe.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks Catlhere
Old 02-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:41 AM
My cousin absolutely loves Sims 2. I've not played it myself but from what I've heard it improves on The Sims in almost every way.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #165
Refugee

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Hey fellow gamers, this is my first post in this topic, and as such, I think it's important to share my favorite games:

1. Beyond Good and Evil (Xbox/ps2/GCN/PC)
2. NiGHTS into Dreams (Saturn)
3. Space Channel 5 (Dreamcast)