Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Is anyone else super psyched for this? Because I am starting to get antsy waiting (thus the starting of the thread).

This might be my favorite book series ever and the more promos I see of the show, the more I'm allowing myself to believe that this could be very cool.

YouTube - Game Of Thrones "Power" Trailer (HBO)

Plus there's a 15 minute preview you can watch here (I haven't myself, but some might want to see what this is all about)

HBO

It starts April 17th at 9 (eastern I assume).

:hi5:

I'm psyched.

Haven't read them, but still looking forward to it. Considering starting the first book this week, but not sure if that is a good idea at this point or not.

I'd read it, personally, but I don't like watching anything without reading the material first, if I can avoid it.

I read the first three books ages ago, and I loved them. Haven't read Feast For Crows yet, and I fear I will forget too much of what happened in the first three.

By the by, you can watch the first 15 minutes at the Game of Thrones website.

Winter is Coming so very soon.

I'm beyond excited.

And, Deep, I hope you're still watching Justified. That show got better and better last season and this season is excellent.

Winter is Coming so very soon.

I'm beyond excited.

And, Deep, I hope you're still watching Justified. That show got better and better last season and this season is excellent.

Hello NSW,

How have you been, I have been wondering where you have been. Hope all is well.
Justified has been getting very strong reviews from some pretty credible sources. I did give up part way into the first season. And I have been thinking you were were probably right and I was wrong to write it off too soon.

I guess we are in season 3 now? I don't netlix or torrent, and Blockbusters have recently disappeared. So I will have to think of a source to get caught up on season 1 and 2. I not inclined to buy the dvds.

Maybe FX will do a marathon, that would mean I would have to delete some of the corn off of my dvr.

Hey Deep...I've been well, thanks, just moving around a lot before winding up back in SoCal, which pleases me to no end.

We're still just in Season 2 of Justified, though towards the end of the season.

Yeah, I don't think the show is worth a DVD purchase, but maybe FX will run a marathon before Season 3 starts down the road.

I just set my DVR to record Game of Thrones. REALLY getting excited. I hope it's 1/2 as good as the books.....

I tried to hold the GoT fort while you were gone. Hope I didn't make too much of a mess of things :wink:

Winter is almost fucking here.

I can't find my copy of Game of Thrones, but I want to read it again before the show starts. I got super giddy yesterday when I actually saw a copy of the book at Wal-Mart, almost bought it. It had really silky pages >_>. Seriously, I don't know if that's a new kind of book paper or what, but it felt weird. :reject:

L A Times says Peter Dinklage reigns in this

Game-of-Thrones-image-Peter-Dinklage-1-399x600.jpg

"Game of Thrones' by the Numbers"
HBO series involves 162 speaking parts;
1,800 invented vocabulary words;
150 full suits of armor;
four beheadings.​

deep said:
L A Times says Peter Dinklage reigns in this

He better. A lot riding on his performance of that character, imo.

No spoken words said:
I'm getting so fucking geeked up for this..reviews have been mostly positive.

Dude...seriously.

I'm going to have to check out this first episode at some point this week.

I trust HBO. They be puttin out the good shit. Can't fucking wait until True Blood comes back.

GAF, I'd really be interested to hear if you liked it or not.

I think a lot of people will avoid avoid avoid because of the LOTR-esque setting, but, really, it has little in common with those books.

Report the fuck back, Hawk Jr, once you've viewed it.

I enjoyed it greatly, for the record.

I will report back.

It's really a crapshoot, though, when it comes to whether or not I will actually latch onto a show and commit myself to it, and keep up with it.

Like I said, I know that HBO has been consistently pumping out great TV. I watched the pilot ep of Boardwalk Empire, really enjoyed it, and then didn't follow through with the rest of the season. Didn't even watch the second episode, for some reason. So, there's a chance that could happen with this show.

Over the last year or so I've had trouble committing to the hour long "dramas," and have been mostly going to comedies for my TV series fix. The last hour long drama that hooked me and that I devoured, was Breaking Bad. And that's now probably one of my favorite TV series of ALL TIME.

I love the LOTR movies, by the way. So if Game of Thrones is at all reminiscent of those, it won't be a hindrance.

"Reminiscent of" would be apt.

I'm the opposite of you.....almost all of my TV viewing revolves around one hour dramas, and I now watch no sit-coms at all. I do like Modern Family, though, and will likely catch up with that via Neflix one day.

Even if you do not latch on, I'll still be curious to see how you respond to this one episode.

I need to watch Boardwalk Empire. I think I was in Seattle for most or part of it and didn't have HBO in the apartment I was living in.

I also need to watch Season of Breaking Bad. Love that show.....AMC gives HBO a run for their money lately.

I'm the opposite of you.....almost all of my TV viewing revolves around one hour dramas, and I now watch no sit-coms at all.

This. The last sitcom I was compelled to watch on a weekly basis was Arrested Development. And if you want to be technical, that wasn't really a sitcom, which implies a certain level of "reset" after every episode and requires no pre-existing knowledge of the show. AD was actually more like the show Soap, which had an ongoing storyline. You'll notice that Ron Howard's narration at the beginning of most AD episodes was to deal with this issue.

But as for actual sitcoms, I just don't make them a priority. I love The Venture Bros, for instance, but I don't think I've seen anything since Season Two.

I'll check this out a few episodes in if you clowns end up telling me it's worth my time. I like the cast.

I'm hooked. I could've watched two more hours of that.

Seriously. The first thing I thought when it ended was, "they really should have at least given us double that length for the debut". An hour was far too short to get a feel of things.

The opening scene was awesome.

On a side note, Boardwalk Empire is awesome. Probably my favorite show of the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom