Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U g0t serv3d, GAF.

Or something.

Seriously though, who is that guy?

I just went back and watched the final sequence

even though it's incredibly heartbreaking and was hard to watch, again

and didn't recognize the guy.

NoSpokenWords holds the answer. But he probably won't give it up for anything less than a bunch of gold, whores, and battle axes.

I heard he was the Night Watch guy sent to recruit saps from King's Landing. I didn't catch what Ned told him, though, because the guy seemed to pick up pretty quickly the situation with Arya.

Isn't that the guy with Tyrion?

I had to look his name up on Wikipedia to escape GAF's wrath.

Ned's death wasn't quite as shocking for me as it apparently was for other people....like Larry, I guess. I had been vaguely spoiled beforehand that after Robert dies, Sean Bean doesn't have many more scenes. So he could have either gone up to the Wall or be killed, I was expecting either.

What did surprise me is the little shit King Bieber blowing up Cersei's carefully laid plan at the last second after Ned confessed. Gahh.

Thanks. I'm going to buy the first book this week and hurry and finish the crap I'm reading now so I can get to it.

I'm glad to see why I was confused, Yoren was with Tyrion, and kept going after he was captured. Yay for Wikis.

My big annoyance with the Kindle is obvious here:

Amazon.com: George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones 4-Book Boxed Set: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, and A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire) (9780345529053): George R.R. Martin: Books

I can buy the first book for $10 by itself, or buy the set of the 4 books presently out for $20. That's obviously a great deal. Of course the Kindle version of the set is $30 ($10 more than the physical version....), and apparently the formatting makes it difficult to find all the books and go to appendixes and such.

Glad I received my Kindle for free.

Mobvok, I was worried about you.

I'm sorry to cause you distress, NSW. The house in Maui I'm staying at has slow wi fi acccess, and I was dealing with a particularly difficult fresh cantalope this morning for breakfast so it took awhile before I was able to post.

Rest assured that next Sunday night when I'm back home in Seattle and cracking open a tin of canned ravioli and ramen noodles for dinner, I'm going to be all over the finale. :up:

I've heard HBO is going with another 10 episode crop next season, instead of bumping it up to 12 or 13. The culprit apparently is that scheduling gets all wibbley if they try and film for any longer.

If it's not going to have extra episodes, I at least hope they can try and max out with around 60 minutes an episode. By the end of Season 2, that's like a whole 'nother hour snuck in there.

I'd rather 10 kick-ass eps than 13 good ones, IF YOU FOLLOW WHAT I AM SAYING.

Not to say that they can't do 13 kick-ass eps, but sometimes commerce dictates 13 when art would scream out for less.

Do you know Art? He's from Winterfell, works as a Hooper, good guy.

Art? Yeah, he's see 3 Winters in his life.

Art killed a horse, once, punched it right in its jaw for some sort of equine transgression. He probably had a few pints in him, but, still.

I'd rather 10 kick-ass eps than 13 good ones, IF YOU FOLLOW WHAT I AM SAYING.

Not to say that they can't do 13 kick-ass eps, but sometimes commerce dictates 13 when art would scream out for less.

Do you know Art? He's from Winterfell, works as a Hooper, good guy.

I dunno, they've got kind of a runaway train pace going which IS fun but I bet they'd like even 2 more minutes of airtime. I wouldn't mind some of the earlier episodes in the next season breathing a little more in a non-exposition monologue manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom