Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd very much like to see the show take a huge sudden shift forward in time, by like 8 or 15 years or something crazy to shake things up in a truly significant way. Though I very much doubt anything like that happens considering how on-the-cusp all the disparate strands seem to be right now.

I'd very much like to see the show take a huge sudden shift forward in time, by like 8 or 15 years or something crazy to shake things up in a truly significant way. Though I very much doubt anything like that happens considering how on-the-cusp all the disparate strands seem to be right now.

I like this idea, but even after this week's episode, I'm not sure anything is really on the cusp. I suppose they have an hour next week to make me look dumb as usual, but at this point the only other thing left I can think the show's been working at is Joffrey's wedding, which would be very underwhelming if it's supposed to be a major event. Bran's going to keep wandering around! Arya is still luggage!

Besides the personal tragedy, if the Red Wedding is supposed to be a terrible cultural loss for the North by opening it to Tywin Lannister's armies, I'm absolutely not picking up on that right now. Robb Stark's grimy muddy tents have been bearing the burden of being the show's look at the North's culture for the last two seasons, now that Winterfell's been abandoned, and I don't miss that. Compare Winterfell and the North, as a location, to how the story being grounded in King's Landing added weight to the threat of Stannis taking the city last season.

Weirdly, even though Dany's story's been the least-exciting on an episode-to-episode level, it's been the most satisfying long arc that suits a TV show as we see her slowly forge an army through force of personality.

How about you rewrite this post and see if you can use "very much" a THIRD TIME.

I like this idea, but even after this week's episode, I'm not sure anything is really on the cusp. I suppose they have an hour next week to make me look dumb as usual, but at this point the only other thing left I can think the show's been working at is Joffrey's wedding, which would be very underwhelming if it's supposed to be a major event. Bran's going to keep wandering around! Arya is still luggage!

There are still a ton of moving parts, and some new ones will be introduced. There is plenty going on. Just last week you saw Jon making a break for Castle Black, Dany sacking another city, and Bran finally gettin' his warg on and realizing how powerful he really is. The story was never Starks vs. Lannisters. The main character is Westeros itself. Which I guess makes Essos its plucky sidekick.

This thread is making me sad. It looks like the Red Wedding really didn't go over well. The books take a slight downturn after three. It's not a huge shift that ruins everything by any stretch.

I really hope you all don't tune out, because, you'll be missing out on big things.

That was supposed to happen in the books and then GRRM changed his mind, I can't remember the reason why now, but I think it had something to do with how much confusion there would be, telling half of the story through flashback at that point.

Went over well for me. Discussions on another forum I frequent are pretty much the exact opposite of what we have here.

GRRM wanted to do a 5 yr time jump after the third book, but couldn't figure out how to make it work without lots of flashbacks.

Just because GRRM is also a large man doesn't mean he has every characteristic of Paul McCockne$$, buddy.

Hahah. I'm just excited by this HBO program. And I wanted to get a rise out of you.

THE KING OF ZOO STATION ARISES.

Also, I think your mother is probably a very sweet and kind person, and likely doesn't sell her body for money.

Having not read the books, I'd been hearing the phrase "red wedding" for a while, and I had decided bad shit was going to go down at Joffrey and Margery's wedding, since there's been a lot of build-up to that. And that had me nervous, because I was scared that Margery or Tyrion (i.e., characters I like) would end up biting the big one.

I've been far less invested in Robbbbbbbbb and his goings-on. Although I was nervous when I saw Arya poking around outside. But at least I was surprised, since I hadn't guessed correctly.

That's what happened to me whilst reading the books. I'd heard about the Red Wedding but I was still surprised that it was that particular wedding.

One of the biggest moments in the series, and they did it justice. Best scene.

The first 45 minutes were intense enough with Jon finally switching sides and Dany's trio taking the city but everything from Rains of Castamere and Kat's horrified look, the killing and her screams and pleading were every bit as harrowing as the book. They even upped the ante with the baby.

Zbc4XGJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom