Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WI8IKO1.gif

God, that's obnoxious. God fucking dammit I hate when books are adapted into film. Oooooooooooooooooh I read the thing! I read the thing! I get to comment all fucking day about it like I'm special, or like I have a fucking clue about anything. Fuck this fucking shit. It's complicated. The reasons are obvious as fuck, but it's not as simple as you "readers" might fucking think it is.

THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM THE BOOKS.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING AS THE FUCKING BOOKS.

THIS IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FUCKING ENTITY. THIS IS ITS OWN WORK. IT IS NOT THE SAME. IT IS NOT THE SAME AS THE BOOKS. THIS IS A FUCKING HBO TELEVISION SHOW.

Get that through your thick fucking skulls. God fucking dammit.

And I don't mean to pick on you specifically, U2girl. Nothing personal against you. It's just something that drives me up a god damn wall. Pun intended. I hate this shit. I might not even open this thread anymore, for fear of impy or tourist or some fucker getting their panties in a twist, discussing shit THAT HASN'T HAPPENED IN THE SHOW AND WON'T HAPPEN IN THE SHOW BECAUSE IT'S A DIFFERENT FUCKING THING.

Fuck your Harry Potter books, fuck your Sookie Stackhouse novels, fuck this shit. This is film. This is TV. This is fucking different. Get over it.

Save it for the people who do this type of thing.

Tywinn, Joffrey and the bear scene (go Jamie!) saved this episode.

Is Sophie Turner a geek pinup? (in the same league as Dr Who's Karen Gillan?)

People will ask why Little Bird and not Natalie Dormer, Ygritte and every other lady on this show?

But it takes something to qualify a lady from being a geek pinup to just a regular pinup?

Coincidentally having red hair will help (as in the case of Little Bird and Karen Gillan)

Jamie Lannister throws a boy off a cliff when the boy witnesses him having sex with his twin sister, paralysing him from the waist down

But its ok, because the female audience still ogles over him, much the same as Eric Northman

to be fair, it was a lot better in the book,
to enhance your viewing some of you may want to at least read that chapter

PETER DRUNKLAGE

NAKED MEL

PENIS LEECH

NAKED DANY

HOOKED ON ONION KNIGHT PHONICS

SAM THE FUCKlNG SLAYER

"I'm the God of tits and wine" - Tyrion in a nutshell

"Call me your sister again, and I will strangle you as you sleep" - Be careful, Margaery - you can always charm everyone around you.

I'm already waiting until the end of the season to watch Mad Men all at once; I think I'm going to do the same thing for this show next season.

this season's been slow (this is episode 8 of 10! Dany cooked that guy and a hand got lopped off and FLAMING SWORDs, but that's over the course of 8 hours...), and all I've heard of the later books is more shuffling.

no episode next week, btw- Memorial Day weekend

PETER DRUNKLAGE

NAKED MEL

PENIS LEECH

NAKED DANY

HOOKED ON ONION KNIGHT PHONICS

SAM THE FUCKlNG SLAYER

You fuckin said it, man.

God, this show is awesome.

Also:

TEASING NAKED SANSA

A WOODEN COCK

THE ADVENTURES OF ARYA AND THE HOUND AND THEIR COMEDIC HIJINKS ON HORSEBACK

This tweet I found sums a lot of my thoughts on this past episode:

"sure, you'll show every actress naked, but just when i almost see gendry's dick you cut the scene, thank you very much"

Also, I was thinking back to Tywin and Joffrey's scene last week, where Joffrey mentioned Daenerys being on the move and Tywin shrugged it off. Is anyone else aware of what Daenerys is doing and have they not heard of her dragons yet? How about Melisandre's Lord of Light? Why isn't Bran dreaming about dragons?

I know, its just a story but if Daenerys is the last Targaeryn and Mother of Dragons, I'd just think Westeros would be more on alert.

Oona Chaplin, who plays the noblewoman Talisa Maegyr, tells Mandrake: “One of the girls in the show who got her kit off the most in the first couple of seasons now doesn’t at all because she said, 'I want to be known for my acting not for my breasts.’ ”

The granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin refuses to name the actress, but there has been much comment among viewers about Emilia Clarke, who plays the exiled princess Daenerys Targaryen, no longer appearing in such scenes.

Game of Thrones star rebels over topless scenes - Telegraph

Exactly. I wonder if that quote was made before this past Sunday or something Emilia is saying now before the shoot for Season 4 begins.

Emilia was also completely naked on Broadway in Breakfast at Tiffany's this spring.

Now I'm wondering if that was PR stunt, like the producers told one of the actors to say that in order to downplay all the attention over the nekkid scenes.

I wouldn't click on that link if you fucking paid me 20 million dollars. Who fucking knows what that shit could be. Might explode my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom