Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalia+Tena+Apple+Store+Soho+Presents+Meet+wfFBG1G_Q6Sl.jpg

+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFA5KotmEiI

^
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

"Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again.

"The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, they cling to the realm or the gods or love – illusions."

"Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."

petyr-baelish-1024.jpg

^ Amen to that!

GOT ratings have set a record for the 4th week in a row, now at 5.5 million live viewers and a 2.9 18-49 rating. Those are just below True Blood's HBO peak.

This season's premiere was at 4.4 million live viewers, so, wow.

Chastain is one of those special actresses who come along every so often whose screen presence is so magnetic/you constantly fantasize about making sex upon her.

Did anyone catch Nikolaj's surprise cameo on SNL this past weekend? Besides making it obvious he was reading off the cue cards, it was a funny skit.

Book difference quibble with some future seasons stuff in it:

Yeah, the Mel in the Riverlands and buying Gendry thing didn't work for me, but they need an Edric Storm stand in. Mel's dialogue with Arya was bad ass enough for me forgive this subplot, though. As long as Gendry gets back to the BWB in time to save Brienne, it's all fine. I guess Davos can get him sent back when he saves him.

You read?

Great scenes with Tywinn and lady Tyrell, and Littlefinger showing his scheming beyond the Lord of Brothels TV image is always good.

And the reasons why the wildlings are climbing The Wall aren't obvious to non-readers ?

God, that's obnoxious. God fucking dammit I hate when books are adapted into film. Oooooooooooooooooh I read the thing! I read the thing! I get to comment all fucking day about it like I'm special, or like I have a fucking clue about anything. Fuck this fucking shit. It's complicated. The reasons are obvious as fuck, but it's not as simple as you "readers" might fucking think it is.

THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM THE BOOKS.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING AS THE FUCKING BOOKS.

THIS IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FUCKING ENTITY. THIS IS ITS OWN WORK. IT IS NOT THE SAME. IT IS NOT THE SAME AS THE BOOKS. THIS IS A FUCKING HBO TELEVISION SHOW.

Get that through your thick fucking skulls. God fucking dammit.

And I don't mean to pick on you specifically, U2girl. Nothing personal against you. It's just something that drives me up a god damn wall. Pun intended. I hate this shit. I might not even open this thread anymore, for fear of impy or tourist or some fucker getting their panties in a twist, discussing shit THAT HASN'T HAPPENED IN THE SHOW AND WON'T HAPPEN IN THE SHOW BECAUSE IT'S A DIFFERENT FUCKING THING.

Fuck your Harry Potter books, fuck your Sookie Stackhouse novels, fuck this shit. This is film. This is TV. This is fucking different. Get over it.

And the reasons why the wildlings are climbing The Wall aren't obvious to non-readers ?

Sometimes you miss a line or two because someone mumbles, or because a loud bus goes by on the street below, and the you get confused because the lines you missed happened to be important. Shit happens, man.

with your dvr, you can back up, mute, and get sub-titles

books are passé

I am just happy that the series is doing a pretty good job of following twitter.

I shouldn't have thrown your name in there. My bad man. I was in a bad mood. I stand by everything else I said, though, of course.

It's all good. Shit annoyed me when I hadn't read the books, so I get it. But I still think explicitly stating there is book talk at the beginning of a post and then spoiler tagging is win-win.

It is.

For some reason, this particular hangover filled me with the rage of DAENERYS STORMBORN as she fights to cross THE NARROW SEA.

Can't wait for tomorrow's ep. Mike Trout just blasted a two run homer off of Jose Quintana, and I'm pretty positive that he's on performance enhancing drugs.

GAF, if you lived in the GoT universe, and could take one real world person to be your nemesis and eventual target for death with you, who would it be? Aaron Rodgers? Lebron James? Bert Blyleven? Courtney Love? Mikal?

Oh, and, GAF, while I'm obviously a person who has read a fair number of books that became TV or film adaptations, I know where you are coming from. I'm willing to discuss book-related items here, if spoilered, but I rarely cross the streams or go all fan-boy....the books and films/shows stand as distinct entities for me.

I very much enjoy the idea of Dennis Green screaming "crown their ass!" as he attempts to have his 2006 Cardinals pour molten gold on the heads of GAF and the Super Bowl bound Bears.

Haha impy, yes.

That's a good question, NSW. Aaron Rodgers would be tempting, but I honestly don't think I hate anybody enough to have them killed.

Now, I would use my GoT universe powers to potentially convince Emma Watson, Natalie Portman, Leighton Meester, Alexis Bledel, Cheryl Cole, and Scarlett Johansson to have a consensual seven way sex party with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom