Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as Ygritte and Jon Snow got in the pool together I knew they were doomed. I haven't read spoilers or anything, but the way this show works it seems absolutely dependable that any moments of joy are the distraction from long grinding despair.

tumblr_mlqbr1paPf1qcpno5o1_500.jpg

This was the best episode of the season for me.

I have a friend who fucking inadvertently spoiled me on the Tyrion/Sansa plot, so that's lame, because I never would have seen it coming.

That thing you did with your mouth...

Motherfucker, it ain't like that at all.

And Arya's always been my favorite character. She's a badass. And the Starks are easily my favorite family in the story overall.

Sansa is fine as hell.

:up: Wiping off Cersei's smirk with the Loras marriage was gold, as was the Hound/Beric fight and Jamie's honourable deed reveal.

And now for the wedding...

Yeah, I loved how Tywin proved that Cersei is not as smart as she thinks she is.

Tywin is a dick, but Charles Dance is great to watch. I like the actor, not the character.

those arranged marriages are not that bad, Tyrion would never be allowed to marry his whore, so why not her lady, that would put them under the same roof
and Cersei married to a man that would leave her alone, with her king slayer if he could have his new friend on the side

and as for the king slayer, this last episode puts a little different light on him, can't imagine he made that back story up. :shrug:

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" - this sums up Game of Thrones every time.

Lady Olenna and Tywin are going to be butting heads till whenever.

Jon and Ygritte's kiss was like Old Hollywood with that lovely scenery.

Ugh, Baelish is so slimy and sneaky. Yet, his speech on the climb was so true.

ROS!!! My favorite whore is dead! She was a cool chick. But why exactly did Joffrey kill her? I guess Baelish found out what she was up to and got her to Joffrey what was going on? I hate that kid.

Man, the Wall climb was great stuff. Fucking Gareth Keenan. Got this crazy Star Warsian vibe with that Wall-top kiss. I loved it.

The Mel in the Riverlands stuff didn't quite work for me given it's such a departure, but we'll see where they go with it.

I will miss Ros and her bountiful bosom.

My favorite whore is dead!

:lol:

Man, the Wall climb was great stuff.

That was all very exciting, and then very beautiful. I feel like I miss a lot in the plot sometimes .... did they know what the land was like on the other side? is this the first time they (i.e., anyone in general) scaled it?

And please remind me why they did so? What were they expecting/hoping to find?

Ygritte mentioned that she had always wanted to see the view from atop the wall. She had never climbed it before.

The one motherfucker, can't remember his name, with the big red beard, Mance Rayder's crazy friend, Ygritte said he'd climbed it "half a hundred times."

I think it was mostly a test for JON SNOW, and he passed. Oh lord, did he ever pass.

One of my other favorite moments of the ep was when your boy BRAN STARK started speaking up and laying down the law on his minions. Fuck yeah. The torture scene was pretty dirty, too, and Jaime being a smartass while trying to cut his dinner with one hand. Rigg v. Dance, etc.

Oh, and of course, everything with Arya and Sansa was amazing, too, as is PAR FOR THE COURSE.

Seriously? So they climbed it, risking their lives just to see the view? How are they going to get back down? That's some stupid-ass shit right there.

(I'm saying WTF but am also saying thank you for the info. :wink: )

They scaled the Wall because they know that the Night's Watch is out in force on the other side of the Wall. They are hoping to take the few castles the Night's Watch still occupies. There more than four people scaling that Wall, they got wiped out due to the mini-avalanche.

And as was mentioned in the episode, some of them have scaled it many times before. Ygritte refers to Tormund (big dude with red beard) as having climbed the Wall "half a hundred times before".

Seriously? So they climbed it, risking their lives just to see the view? How are they going to get back down? That's some stupid-ass shit right there.

(I'm saying WTF but am also saying thank you for the info. :wink: )

They are going up and over the wall. The idea is to open the gates for the rest of the wildlings as climbing the wall is pretty dangerous.

It was a good episode but I have a couple of book nerd gripes.

I liked how they handled Sansa and Tyrion better in the book. It was more cruel though, but I guess they want to give Olenna who is freaking awesome more to do.

I also didn't like how they handled Gendry. I get that they wanted fewer characters, but I didn't like that they essentially sold him after he took vows.

I did however love the wall climbing, the Varys/Littlefinger showdown, and the smackdown the Blackfish gave to Edmure.

Book difference quibble with some future seasons stuff in it:

Yeah, the Mel in the Riverlands and buying Gendry thing didn't work for me, but they need an Edric Storm stand in. Mel's dialogue with Arya was bad ass enough for me forgive this subplot, though. As long as Gendry gets back to the BWB in time to save Brienne, it's all fine. I guess Davos can get him sent back when he saves him.

Her people climb it all the time. They do it to fight the crow. You will remember they asked Jon Snow how many out post had men in them. He said only a few and told them which ones. They would not want to make the climb only to have crows waiting for them. They climb the wall to fight their enemies, just like the crow send scouting parties into their territories. This was not a party of just four, many more wildings (free folk) were with them but got lost in the avalanche. This was and most likely still is a raiding party.
Will Jon Snow break his pledge to Mance Rayder, the King beyond the wall?
If so, what will Ygritte do? (is the tongue thicker than blood?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom