Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night had some great scenes. Mostly the funny ones... :giggle: Is it me or were they going for a bit more comedy in this episode than we've seen yet? First Rob at the funeral and then the Lannister chair scene. Oh my god. :lol: And the ending scene as well... yes even that. The music immediately following on the credits just added to that I think.
Also the episode featured cameo appearances (and singing) by Will Champion of Coldplay and Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol.

That chair scene was something else, ha!
I'd like to see more of Cersei because she's the crazy bitch I love to hate. I know there are now many other stories so she's taking a back seat now.

I did not like that song at the end. A rock song like that was totally out of place. Yeah, I know what song it was, but still.

I kind of liked the jarring transition to the credits. That was one of my most anticipated scenes of the season, and they knocked it out of the park. DAT SCREAM.

Not big on the Hold Steady's version of "The Bear & the Maiden Fair" though, not after the National made "The Rains of Castamere" their bitch. And considering "Bear" pops up every other page in A Storm of Swords, we very well could be stuck with it for a while.

Could we see an evolution coming, from King Slayer to King's Hand?

edit to add, I fucked up, went to wiki to read up on hands. and got spoiled.

won't say one way or the other,
just don't go to wiki if you don't want to be spoiled.

Honestly, I found it amusing it took him 5 seconds to realize what happened. But yeah, sucks for him after he defended Brienne from being raped.

Also, it is cool to see Danaerys get more shrewd.

More good casting with Mance Ryder and Grandma Tyrell.

:lol: Tyrion's chair scene, the amazement over Podrick not getting payed. "We need copious details".

Best episode of the season. Shit has gotten real!

Of course, the Khaleesi always steals the show. Never a dull moment with her. Loved how they saved the best for last!

That was a jam packed episode. Everything about it was fantastic.

I loved the realization on everyone's face when they realized Daenerys had played them all. It was one of my favorite scenes in the books and did not disappoint.

Tyrion and Varys need more scenes. Tywin is never going to win father of the year, and I'm not sure Margery is ready to make an enemy of Cersei. Also Olenna Tyrell as played by Diana Rigg is perfection. She is the best matriarch in Westeros.

and I'm not sure Margery is ready to make an enemy of Cersei. Also Olenna Tyrell as played by Diana Rigg is perfection. She is the best matriarch in Westeros.

I'm not sure if Margery is a villainess or just not so good of a person. She's definitely sneaky and a master manipulator. But for good or bad, we'll see. Her manipulating Sansa into trusting her certainly wasn't for her best interest, but wrapping Joffrey around her finger is pure gold.

Just finally finished Dance. And now my wait begins.

Rad episode last night, by the way. Obviously loved Dany's badassery, but the mutiny at Craster's keep was also quite good. Throw in copious amounts of Olenna, and you've got the best ep of S3. From here on out it's a constant shit storm, so I can't wait for the next episode.

827597693_diana_rigg.jpg

decrepit person

That was a jam packed episode. Everything about it was fantastic.

I loved the realization on everyone's face when they realized Daenerys had played them all. It was one of my favorite scenes in the books and did not disappoint.

Tyrion and Varys need more scenes. Tywin is never going to win father of the year, and I'm not sure Margery is ready to make an enemy of Cersei. Also Olenna Tyrell as played by Diana Rigg is perfection. She is the best matriarch in Westeros.

:yes: Great episode, and unlike Jamie's hand, they did "dracarys" moment with the Unsullied brilliantly.

Grandma Tyrell and Mance Ryder are great casting choices.

Poor kid.

He'll forever be King Joffrey to many.

HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC HOUND V. BERlC

guys

GUYS

FLAMING SWORD

IT WAS ON FIRE

THE SWORD WAS ON FIRE

like, that's just his thing, when he fights he ignites his sword

Great episode. Jaime's scene where he reclaims himself as just Jaime and not the Kingslayer was amazing.

Loved the end of the scene when Tywin left Tyrion and Cersei alone to realize the misery they were going to face. Just the way they sat at the table, staring into space lost in their own thoughts was well done.

I thought the scene where Jon Snow finally had sex should've been longer, and not for gratuitous reasons. It was a big deal because 1) he broke more of his Nightwatch vows 2) in Season 1 he told Sam why he never had sex because he didn't want to sire a bastard like him. So Jon having sex now shows how much of his old life he's left behind.

I wonder how many times I've looked to see what time it is while watching this show and then said, "Dammit", to myself when I realize the episode is almost over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom