Gaga, Pakistan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I haven't actually heard It's My Life (shoot me). I AM saying that Spirit of Eden is an absolute classic album...provided one is in the mood for down tempo, organic music. It's definitely not similar to their first albums.

Whoa, how is that possible? Rectify immediately. Great song, much better than No Doubt's.

YouTube - Talk Talk - Its My Life (US Version)

I'm willing to check out Spirit of Eden, nonetheless. My new-wave collection is rather lacking.

Whoa, how is that possible? Rectify immediately. Great song, much better than No Doubt's.

YouTube - Talk Talk - Its My Life (US Version)

I'm willing to check out Spirit of Eden, nonetheless. My new-wave collection is rather lacking.

Spirit of Eden is most definitely NOT new wave. And because I'm getting into Talk Talk in a weird order. The Party's Over > Spirit of Eden > Laughing Stock > It's My Life > The Colour Of Spring

Hey BEG! :wave:

oh fuck jesus oh god i'm fucking angry

i led lendl 5-3 in the first set, serving for the set.

i just went down 5-7. fuck stick tennis grrrrr fuck.

Oh god, I almost did exactly the same thing in a set against Borg, except I was 5-4 and didn't quite get to serving for the set (was one point off). :grumpy:

It's for when one is really depressed and it's raining and stuff...

I tend to veer towards some more recent post-rock in that sort of circumstance ... Long Distance Calling or Sleepmakeswaves or some Laura tracks.

Or just Faith and Disintegration.

Ian, don't you wish the game would give you some sort of recognition for at least rallying well? I just lost a couple of games without picking up a lone point, but played lengthy rallies for the privilege every time. :grumpy:

Ah well, I ultimately went down 6-1 7-5 6-4, one of my more respectable losses to Borg. Maybe I should play tipsy more often?

So the last glass of this el cheapo chardonnay totally smells of fruit peel and rinds left on the compost for three days.

The song Talk Talk is fuckin awesome. Pony tails ftw. :love:
yeeees. :drool: speaking of them, it's funny, until recently i didn't know there was a second version of the video for it's my life. the one bonnie posted labelled the u.s. version, that is. i actually just saw it on tv earlier, but in years past (same channel, too) they always showed the other clip.

Wot is post-rock?

Fancypants name for (usually) instrumental music using rock instruments but eschewing traditional rock song structures.

That said, Talk Talk's later albums are considered pioneering post-rock albums and they sound nothing like the genres standard bearers, e.g. Explosions In The Sky, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

(Possibly my favourite genre of music because there's normally no awful vocalist singing terrible lyrics to fuck up otherwise good sounding songs.)

i did it! i finally did it!

5-7, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2, 6-2

i should again note i was down 1-4 in the third, and suddenly he folded like a cheap tent. AWESOME.

Woah, awesome! :up:

Now I want to hear from Khan about how hilariously into it you were. :wink:

yeeees. :drool: speaking of them, it's funny, until recently i didn't know there was a second version of the video for it's my life. the one bonnie posted labelled the u.s. version, that is. i actually just saw it on tv earlier, but in years past (same channel, too) they always showed the other clip.

I'm listening to Talk Talk (the song lolz) now. :') I'm kinda enjoying this too much.

Never seen the US version either, the music channel I watched more or less constantly from 2000-2007 always showed to other one.

When Talk Talk the band and song came out in what, 82, all the interviews went on about them being like Duran, just cos they supported them and had a double barrelled name. I thought this was nonsense of course, and was proved right when Kajagoogoo came along, who really were Duran copyists.
With worse hair.
And Limahl.

Fancypants name for (usually) instrumental music using rock instruments but eschewing traditional rock song structures.

That said, Talk Talk's later albums are considered pioneering post-rock albums and they sound nothing like the genres standard bearers, e.g. Explosions In The Sky, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

(Possibly my favourite genre of music because there's normally no awful vocalist singing terrible lyrics to fuck up otherwise good sounding songs.)
So another term for wank then?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom