Funny things from the internet thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's a better five song run in the history of recorded music, I'm not sure what it is, though I guess this one doesn't really count because everything after Walrus wasn't on the original EP.

But in terms of stuff that's been officially released, there just isn't a better stretch of listening material. You have the innovation/experimentation (Strawberry/Walrus), the nostalgic pop (Penny), the simple ditty that becomes a raucous rave-up (H-G), the idealistic sing along (Love)...each one of those is absolutely perfect.

Strawberry Fields Forever is my favorite song of all time, so it certainly has that going for it. It certainly might be my favorite stretch of music ever, not even counting Baby You're A Rich Man, which I've always had a soft spot for.

This discussion isn't all that off-topic, if you think about it. Friggin Cobbler hadn't heard Penny Lane, which is funny, and we found out about it on the internet.

34301.jpg

Magical Mystery Tour (you know, that other one) has a couple decent hits on it:

I Am The Walrus
Hello Goodbye
Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane
All You Need Is Love

I mean, that's only nearly half the album, but it's a modest victory.

i bought it on vinyl in Hollywood... i'll get around to it.

Strawberry Fields Forever is my favorite song of all time, so it certainly has that going for it. It certainly might be my favorite stretch of music ever, not even counting Baby You're A Rich Man, which I've always had a soft spot for.

Ahh, forgot about that one cuz it wasn't in your original post. Fuck.

Good song, but it's not on the level of the others. Oh well, best FOUR song stretch, then.

MMT is one of the greatest albums of all time.

Also, way to derail the thread with ignorance, cobbler.

Whow, scary coincidence?:ohmy:

No, I think it's more like someone with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands. :wink:

The scary thing is that when things like vocals or guitar or whatever end in the song, it looks like the individual screen for the gameplay in that box actually ends (like the player dies there) so they were actually playing the game here to get these clips. It's kind of mind-boggling. :crack: :lol:

What I don't think you guys realize is that those levels were created solely for this purpose, as far as I can tell.

Oh okay. :hmm: I see what you're saying, but this is still a game that was played, even though it was built around the song, right? I thought you meant it wasn't a real game at all. Anyway, it's still impressive!

What I'm saying is that the insanity of what you're watching grows about 1000% when you realize that the person who made that video probably spent hours upon hours building those four levels to purposely get them to sync up with that music.

What I'm saying is that the insanity of what you're watching grows about 1000% when you realize that the person who made that video probably spent hours upon hours building those four levels to purposely get them to sync up with that music.

Yes. :up:

“Stay off the east side. And for God’s sake, stay away from the meat section. That’s Williams’ turf.”
:lol:

Funny enough (sad enough?) this is not the first time I've heard a story like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom