Funny thing to do with your dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-macphisto-

Refugee
Im wondering if anybody else does this, or maybe im just an idiot that likes to mess with my dog.

Sometimes when my dog is is in the process of yawning, I scare her so that she cant get the full yawn in, she keeps on trying but I just keep on scaring her until it drives her mad, I think it is the funniest thing to watch.All of you should try it sometime!

Now are there any other things that you do with your pets that drive them insane!

It sounds kind of cruel to me. :shrug: Why would you want to drive your pet insane?

I cup my hands together and make howling/buzzing noises at my dog...drives him nuts...then we have a good time running around until he bites me:|

macphisto23 said:

lol, I dont know, its funny- you have to try it!

I'd rather not. :| My dog was abused so much by her previous owners that she had rescued by the SPCA. Why the hell would I want to make her life miserable? You shouldn't scare your dog even if you do think it's funny - it's cruel.

Yeah, I tend not to do that to my dog.

The only time I get Harry in trouble is when he tries chatting other dogs up over the back fence, takes my seat in the lounge room or begs for my food at dinner time.

Dismantled said:
I cup my hands together and make howling/buzzing noises at my dog...drives him nuts...then we have a good time running around until he bites me:|

Ha Ha, Im going to have to try that!

macphisto23 said:
Im wondering if anybody else does this, or maybe im just an idiot that likes to mess with my dog.

Sometimes when my dog is is in the process of yawning, I scare her so that she cant get the full yawn in, she keeps on trying but I just keep on scaring her until it drives her mad, I think it is the funniest thing to watch.All of you should try it sometime!

Now are there any other things that you do with your pets that drive them insane!

:lmao: I know exactly what you're talking about! I may have been guilty of doing something similar to my dog at some point of time. The expressions on his face would be so funny!

And yes, you'd probably find this funny only if you own a pet and play with it!

macphisto23 said:

Ha Ha, Im going to have to try that!

its fun...they really like the noise for some reason....so I got one chasing me around trying to get the noise and one howling like a wolf:lmao: its a funny scene.

GibsonGirl said:

I'd rather not. :| My dog was abused so much by her previous owners that she had rescued by the SPCA. Why the hell would I want to make her life miserable? You shouldn't scare your dog even if you do think it's funny - it's cruel.

Hey I really do love animals, I seriously would never do anything that would hurt animals. It does sound kinda cruel, but my dog knows that Im just playing!

Dismantled said:

its fun...they really like the noise for some reason....so I got one chasing me around trying to get the noise and one howling like a wolf:lmao: its a funny scene.

LOL!!!!:lol:

I was reflecting the sun from my watch yesterday, and the puppy was going nuts biting at the wall.:lol:

My dog goes nuts when I "spank" him on the behind real fast, he starts whipping in circles then chases me:lmao:

Disclaimer-when I refer to spanking I don't mean actually spanking or hitting my dog with force....the spanks are actually little taps on his behind I make with my fingertips...so no drama or threats to call the humane society please:|
:wink:

Dismantled said:
My dog goes nuts when I "spank" him on the behind real fast, he starts whipping in circles then chases me:lmao:

Disclaimer-when I refer to spanking I don't mean actually spanking or hitting my dog with force....the spanks are actually little taps on his behind I make with my fingertips...so no drama or threats to call the humane society please:|
:wink:

You do know you're probably just sexing him up don't you? :yikes:

macphisto23 said:

That is quite funny.

What I do is I put socks on my dogs feet and call her to come after me, the problem is we have hardwood floors!!!!:wink:

blowing on their face is always sure to get a response. especially if done when playing tug of war.

My chocolate lab jake likes to play peek-a-boo. I will cover his eyes with my hands and go "where's jake? Hey, where's jake" and he will sit there until I pull them off and go "there he is!!" He gets so excited when I "find" him that he wags his tail hard enough to make his butt wiggle. He's such a goof. hehe

DrTeeth said:

You do know you're probably just sexing him up don't you? :yikes:

:lmao:

probably:lmao: but its funny to see him run:huh:

*things to do list

1. Make up NEW game to play with the dog......check.

kobayashi said:
blowing on their face is always sure to get a response. especially if done when playing tug of war.

I did that to my puppy once (unintentionally, I sighed when he was sitting next to me) and he practically bit my nose off! Does anyone know why it bothers dogs so much?

And yeah, I try not to scare my pets intentionally. I don't like the idea that animals are just there for our amusement and it's okay to scare or upset them just because like to see their reactions. I'm not necessarily saying anyone in this thread does that, just a general observation. IMO, games, tricks and such should be fun for both the pet and the owner.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

I did that to my puppy once (unintentionally, I sighed when he was sitting next to me) and he practically bit my nose off! Does anyone know why it bothers dogs so much?

And yeah, I try not to scare my pets intentionally. I don't like the idea that animals are just there for our amusement and it's okay to scare or upset them just because like to see their reactions. I'm not necessarily saying anyone in this thread does that, just a general observation. IMO, games, tricks and such should be fun for both the pet and the owner.

my dog bites my nose too:huh: for no reason...I could be untying my shoes and he just runs over and bites my nose...not hard though, just pinches.

Back
Top Bottom