funny movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
what are you favorite funny movies?

i'll add some more later but for now, in no particular order, mine are:

1. all Austin Power Movies

2. Private Parts

3. Eddie Murphy Raw

4. Clerks

5. Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke (well, all of their movies)

Last edited:
The frist thing I thought of was Snatch. When I was home my brother kept quoteing different parts and it made me laugh. Lock stock and two smoking barrels is good as well.

my favorite comedy movie is TOOTSIE :yes:

tootsie.jpeg

I have a lot of favourite comedies, so this will have to be a "everything I can think of off the top of my head" list. lol. In no particular order..

Bowfinger
Happy Gilmore
My Big Fat Greek Wedding :heart:
28 Days
Glitter ;)

Off the top of my head (I'm sure I'm forgetting many):

All 3 Austin Powers movies
There's Something About Mary
Clerks
Airplane
Rat Race
Analyze This
Kingpin
A Fish Called Wanda

tbh Comedies arent generally the most memorable of films...

The Blues Brothers (classic)
Shrek (er does that count?)
Any funny Coen Brothers film (that would be all of them in parts then...?)

ah! my two favourite genres are the comedy and the romantic comedy. i'm just thinking off my head, mind you, i've seen so many movies that i like that i don't even really have a favourite movie.

wayne's world
any adam sandler movie before like 99 (like billy madison, wedding singer, etc.)
austin powers 1-3 (although i don't like that fat bastard stuff in #2, it reminded me of those train-wreck skits on snl that are SO not funny but seem to go on and on)
national lampoon's vacation and christmas vacation (they're all pretty funny but these are the best)
groundhog day
my blue heaven
arena (trust me)

thanks to amc, i like some older comedies too, but i dunno if anyone's heard of them. there's life with father (which i was surprised to see on dvd) and desk set, which featured the oldest computer i've ever seen.

i'd be here all night if i listed them all...

ooh wait there's another movie I really like too (actually 2 movies if you count the sequel)

but I can't remember the name of the movie! :banghead:

maybe someone can help me remember....

there's a guy in africa in a tribe and his two sons (I think)...and the guy (or is it his son) gets hit on the head with a coke bottle...or they find a coke bottle...ugh why can't I remember the rest of this movie....it's from back in the 80's, I think.

the story goes something like that anyway :banghead:

gah...the name of the movie is just on the tip of my tongue :huh: anyone? :help:

ABEL said:
ooh wait there's another movie I really like too (actually 2 movies if you count the sequel)

but I can't remember the name of the movie! :banghead:

maybe someone can help me remember....

there's a guy in africa in a tribe and his two sons (I think)...and the guy (or is it his son) gets hit on the head with a coke bottle...or they find a coke bottle...ugh why can't I remember the rest of this movie....it's from back in the 80's, I think.

the story goes something like that anyway :banghead:

gah...the name of the movie is just on the tip of my tongue :huh: anyone? :help:

The Gods Must Be Crazy

(never seen it, but that's it)

Nate Dogg said:

The Gods Must Be Crazy

(never seen it, but that's it)

:love:

YES!!!!!!! thank you! that's it!!!!!!

You should see it if you haven't!

:lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

ABEL said:

:love:

YES!!!!!!! thank you! that's it!!!!!!

You should see it if you haven't!

:lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:
I've seen it. It's pretty boring and long............funy as well, but very :yawn:.

Every Monty Python, the top being "The Life of Brian".

Wag the Dog.

And a classic: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Danny Kaye is just brilliant. I love his smile!!! :)

New film: About A Boy with Hugh Grant. Actually I thought it was funny because the role he played remembered me of myself.

Back
Top Bottom