Fun with misheard lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'll start

John Mellencamp's Keywest Intermezzo (I Saw You First)

I heard, "She stirs the ass in the glass with a delicate finger"

Actually, and more obviously, "She stirs the ice in the glass with a delicate finger"

PS- NO "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" from Hendrix' Purple Haze. Too obvious.

street dogs - 'star'

i heard: "whack-a-mole and sell your soul is how i feel"

actual line: "rock n roll and sell your soul and how i feel"

This one comes from my best friend who was busted and teased mercilessly for singing this lyric really loudly and confidently in the car one day (HeartlandGirl will appreciate it):

"I got me samosas to write on, to write on"

actual line: "I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on"

("Horses" by Tori Amos)

I heard "gorgeous blue tits"

it was "gorgeous blue tints"

from the song: Means to An End by Steve Kilbey

joyfulgirl said:
This one comes from my best friend who was busted and teased mercilessly for singing this lyric really loudly and confidently in the car one day (HeartlandGirl will appreciate it):

"I got me samosas to write on, to write on"

actual line: "I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on"

("Horses" by Tori Amos)

:lol:

I haven't had samosas in a long time... :hmm: It's been even longer since I've written on one... :lmao:

joyful, didn't one of your friends or a roommate get busted botching up a Radiohead song? I don't remember the details, but I remember it being hilarious. Maybe something from Idioteque?

Last edited:
I heard- Hark the HERD of Angels sing...
After my entire family ridiculed me I was corrected
Hark the HEARLD Angels sing...

Still can't live that one down!

bangelab33 said:
I heard- Hark the HERD of Angels sing...
After my entire family ridiculed me I was corrected
Hark the HEARLD Angels sing...

Still can't live that one down!

Yikes! I had problems with the same song!

I heard "with angelic oldsmobiles" instead of "with angelic host proclaim." :huh: Don't ask me how I got a car out of that, but I did! And an angelic one at that!

HeartlandGirl said:

:lol:

I haven't had samosas in a long time... :hmm: It's been even longer since I've written on one... :lmao:

joyful, didn't one of your friends or a roommate get busted botching up a Radiohead song? I don't remember the details, but I remember it being hilarious. Maybe something from Idioteque?

It's the same person--my former housemate (who moved back east last month :sad: :sad: :sad: ). He never looks at lyric sheets or titles. He "learns" songs just listening to them in his car and identifies them by track number and never gets the words right! It's hilarious. Yes, there was a botched Radiohead lyric (from HTTT I think?) that I mentioned in here but now I can't remember what it was.

Oh, I just found it:

a punch cup at a wedding

actual line: a punchup at a wedding

All my friends drive horse's

All my Friends drive porsches..................

enough said, and

Then borring down low

Then Burning down love

Back
Top Bottom