Fun/romantic/cheap date ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
I don't think we have had a thread on this before but please correct me if I'm wrong....

Mr. BLS and I are coming up on our 12th anniversary of 'being together', the actual day is April 1st (very appropriate to have April Fool's Day be our day :laugh: ). I'm trying to think of some ideas for things to do so wondered what your dream date/funnest date/ most romantic date has been or would be, without having to take out a second mortgage.

I have booked an overnight at a hotel using a free night's stay certificate I've been hanging onto. Friday night I will make reservations for the restaurant where we had our first date (we have never been back there but not because it was bad or anything, actually pretty swanky). After dinner we have tickets to Les Miserables, we have gone 2(3?) times before and this is the last time they will be coming to Detroit, I splurged and got seats on the main level instead of the nose-bleed balcony seats we've had in the past. Karl doesn't know what is planned.

So Friday is set, just not sure what to do on Saturday, we both have the whole day off but have to work early on Sunday. The weather is pretty unpredictable so I'm not sure how feasible outdoor activities will be.

Any ideas? :D

You mean beyond the obvious? :sexywink:

Sounds like you have the major events lined up nicely. Too much more of the "big items" may spoil the overall weekend.

I'd suggest a simple picnic with favorite fun foods - easily done in the room if the weather is bad.

Do you have paint your own pottery places? Each of you can commemorate the occasion with a plate, trivet, etc.

Indoor spas may be a nice retreat - perhaps there is something that is not too expensive for a period of time (and make sure you can do it together).

I'd say take a walk down memory lane....can you recall what you did to celebrate your anniversary on each of your past years and incorporate those into this celebration? We did that one year in my former married life. It was fun. You are already on a roll by eating at the restaurant where you had your first date. What did you wear that night for the date? Can you recreate that look? One year we played hookey from work and had a bottle of champagne and looked through saved wedding cards and photos and that was fun. I'm sure whatever you plan will be a wonderful memorable time, since you are already planning and putting so much thought into it. Good luck and let us know how it was! :wink:

Yes Doug, the obvious will be covered (uncovered) :silent: ;)

Carek1230 said:
What did you wear that night for the date? Can you recreate that look?

Hmmmm, that would require finding a bodysuit and me losing 20 pounds in 1 week :uhoh:

If the weather is decent I would like to take him back to the park where we became officially bf/gf, a picnic might be nice :hmm:

do you guys like museums? personally, i think museums can be the most romantic places, especially on bad weather days.

:nerd:

This isn't appropriate for an anniversary, but it's fun, romantic, and relatively inexpensive.

Some of my favorite dates with miss imp13 have been the ones where we pretty much act like kids or compete against each other. You can combine the two, and that's where we came up with putt putt golf, for instance. Friendly competition against your significant other is always fun and it's good to just be kids for an evening when going out to restaurants all the time can get repetitive.

Could be lame, but I don't know, I thought it was fun. Oftentimes I like stupid stuff like that or even just renting a movie and laying around more than going out and doing something huge.

inmyplace13 said:
This isn't appropriate for an anniversary, but it's fun, romantic, and relatively inexpensive.

Some of my favorite dates with miss imp13 have been the ones where we pretty much act like kids or compete against each other. You can combine the two, and that's where we came up with putt putt golf, for instance. Friendly competition against your significant other is always fun and it's good to just be kids for an evening when going out to restaurants all the time can get repetitive.

Could be lame, but I don't know, I thought it was fun. Oftentimes I like stupid stuff like that or even just renting a movie and laying around more than going out and doing something huge.

I don't think that's stupid I think it's a great idea :). Do that stuff with my bf sometimes when we go out. Nice to just reconnect with each other on a fun level. Would be a great idea too if you guys have to be up early the next day. If you two have a favorite movie maybe rent that and stay in on Saturday? Like your picnic idea too Bonosloveslave that sounds nice :).

Catlady said:
Couples hot stone massage...

Those are very nice and not expesive at all. Most of them start at around $50 dollars and the reqular massage is even cheaper.

Last edited:
smiley_devil.gif

bonosgirl84 said:
i like inmyplace13's suggestion.

miniature golf is great.

air hockey and pool are, too.

Excellent! Find things you use to do as kids. Do they have go-kart racing nearby? That can be a fun, competative activity.

Back
Top Bottom