Fukuoka, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were on a boat weren't you when I sent you a NY text??

Yep. My aunt and uncle have a boat, so on both Christmas Day and NYE, we went sailing around the canals on the Gold Coast. Good times. We had pretty much the BEST spot to watch the 9pm fireworks at Surfer's Paradise. Some of the family had to have early starts, though, so we didn't stay out for the midnight fireworks.

I'm kind of glad we didn't, since my aunt and uncle were both getting pretty drunk, and they were the only ones who knew how to drive the boat! We were lucky to get back to their place as it was. Midnight? We may have not made it home ...

PM? Or can it be talked about here? :ohmy:

I don't know anything more than the first two posts of this thread, and the fact those two posters didn't post in the last two threads.

Yep. My aunt and uncle have a boat, so on both Christmas Day and NYE, we went sailing around the canals on the Gold Coast. Good times. We had pretty much the BEST spot to watch the 9pm fireworks at Surfer's Paradise. Some of the family had to have early starts, though, so we didn't stay out for the midnight fireworks.

I'm kind of glad we didn't, since my aunt and uncle were both getting pretty drunk, and they were the only ones who knew how to drive the boat! We were lucky to get back to their place as it was. Midnight? We may have not made it home ...

:giggle: Sounds like a fun night though. Thames Council banned fireworks this year, boring sods. Usually we all let them off on the beach...bastards :tsk:
I had a good dose of sunstroke though and it was my first sober NY in years!

:giggle: Sounds like a fun night though. Thames Council banned fireworks this year, boring sods. Usually we all let them off on the beach...bastards :tsk:
I had a good dose of sunstroke though and it was my first sober NY in years!

I must admit, my general opinion on fireworks is that if you manage to hurt yourself or burn down your house with them or whatever, it's your own dumb fault. Those idiots who die on Guy Fawkes'? Natural selection.

The insulting thread title isn't a big enough clue?

:reject: Ok I've been out of the loop for too long. I honestly don't bat an eyelid at any superthread titles...I always thought the aim was to get away with something as risque as possible!

:reject: Ok I've been out of the loop for too long. I honestly don't bat an eyelid at any superthread titles...I always thought the aim was to get away with something as risque as possible!

Yeah. But apparently it's srs bznz for some. Ah, what do I know. I don't care for bullshit forum politics; I'm just here to have good times talking to friends. If others aren't, then what's it to me? :shrug:

Anyway, let's not drag things down. Kim, you up to date with the U2 news, as thin and far between as it may be?

And wey hey, Bonnie! :wave:

Anyway, let's not drag things down. Kim, you up to date with the U2 news, as thin and far between as it may be?

And wey hey, Bonnie! :wave:

Yeah, I got a couple of texts while I was away...NEW ALBUM ON THE HORIZON!! :rockon: About fucking time!

Yeah, I got a couple of texts while I was away...NEW ALBUM ON THE HORIZON!! :rockon: About fucking time!

And we should have a lead single by the middle of the month too. Indeed, I'm surprised we don't have one already - we're already closer to NLOTH's release than Beautiful Day or Vertigo's releases were to ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

I don't have any of the remasters. Don't think I need to rush out to get them either, by the sounds of it...

JT is worth it. I think the only live release better than JT Paris is Red Rocks.

See you later! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom