Fucking, Austria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I decided that I wanted to try combining the songs, so I used my flashkey and took all my songs down to my dad's computer so that I could have multiple Microsoft Words open at once on Windows Vista (that would take 90 minutes to load on this computer). So, I'm about to finish up a combined song that turned out well, and the computer freezes and I lose all the work.

I thought they'd have worked out the bugs in nine years, but, alas, no, we're still in the fucking exact same place we were the whole time.

ugh thread death, im going to have to move my ass and do some cleaning around here.

didnt get up till noon and that puts me seriously behind in everything :scream:

Last edited:
Screwtape2 said:
What you need is someone to give you some feedback as to what is something to pursue or this or that. You need a producer. Find a friend or someone to listen to some of your stuff and suggesting a direction. You could even bounce this stuff off one of us. :shrug:

Yeah, that's kind of my idea with recording with my one buddy. I can come up with an acoustic demo tape, and use that as inspiration for songs if I finally get in a band.

So, yeah, now I have about six close to finished lyrics:

Last Stand
I Fall Down
Fireworks
Toll
Floating in Between
The Breakout

The Breakout is the one I just wrote.

phillyfan26 said:
So, I decided that I wanted to try combining the songs, so I used my flashkey and took all my songs down to my dad's computer so that I could have multiple Microsoft Words open at once on Windows Vista (that would take 90 minutes to load on this computer). So, I'm about to finish up a combined song that turned out well, and the computer freezes and I lose all the work.

I thought they'd have worked out the bugs in nine years, but, alas, no, we're still in the fucking exact same place we were the whole time.

That really sucks. At least now you know you can combine songs effectively. Keep trying. :)

Screwtape2 said:

I would love to read your lyrics and give you positive feedback. As a fellow poet/lyricist I think it might be helpful to you. :)

Is your email the inakafkatragedy one? I'll send you the lyrics to Floating in Between.

Yes. I actually have a guy who would play piano, but I can't find a drummer, a lead guitarist, or a bassist. I also offered my services to a current band, who have yet to take me up on that.

I never really wrote that particular song for a band setting, that was always sort of an acoustic number, but I think it has some potential.

I think Fireworks is probably the best one I have. It's also the most, er, biographical, so I suppose it's not a coincidence.

I don't think I know any available drummers. The only ones I know are in a band or not in a state to play with one.

phillyfan26 said:
I never really wrote that particular song for a band setting, that was always sort of an acoustic number, but I think it has some potential.

I think Fireworks is probably the best one I have. It's also the most, er, biographical, so I suppose it's not a coincidence.

Sometimes songs sound great when there is a simple element played over something like drums or piano. You should try to mix piano or synthesizers with Floating In Between.

Can I read Fireworks?

That came out of my idea to right about one night this past summer with a girl, and it worked out really well. I actually remember writing the first copy of the lyrics and feeling I didn't do it justice. I came back and read it a night or two ago, made a revision or two, and realized I had a good one written up.

phillyfan26 said:
That came out of my idea to right about one night this past summer with a girl, and it worked out really well. I actually remember writing the first copy of the lyrics and feeling I didn't do it justice. I came back and read it a night or two ago, made a revision or two, and realized I had a good one written up.

It is very good. I think it would make a great single if you make it that far. Again that chorus could be haunting if done right.

That's been the struggle for me: I can hear the melody, but I haven't been able to come up with the right music for it. In fact, I wrote an entire piece for the lyrics to this and ended up using it for a different song, just because it didn't work well for this.

I want the chorus to be a big sound, though. Something that my vocals can soar over.

phillyfan26 said:
That's been the struggle for me: I can hear the melody, but I haven't been able to come up with the right music for it. In fact, I wrote an entire piece for the lyrics to this and ended up using it for a different song, just because it didn't work well for this.

I want the chorus to be a big sound, though. Something that my vocals can soar over.

Maybe the piano friend can beat the melody down on the keyboard as you sing over it with slide guitars? At least that is how I imagine something like it soaring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom