Fucking, Austria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:

Fan fiction involving real people is the lowest form of writing. Fan fiction with fictional characters is definitely above that. :wink:

Marginally. I think it's a clear sign of an uncreative hack so lacking in imagination that they have to use somebody else's characters rather than creating their own.

Axver said:

I love what Bono does in Birmingham on 4 August 1987. He asks for requests, then exclaims "I heard that, over there, People Get Ready!"

BULLSHIT.

This made me :lmao: .

Well, clearly I have a bias and am going to bristle at your comments, but as a former fanfic writer, I strongly disagree.

If that's the ONLY writing you do, then sure, maybe that's the case. But I found it to be a really fun springboard for stretching my writing wings.

And diving headfirst into learning about flamewars and crazy fans on the internet. :wink:

Varitek said:

i am invisible to high schoolers basically

sorry

i'll get around to friending you some time

for now i'm trying to read spark notes on a novel i read for this guy's class sophomore year that he assigned again for tomorrow. he assigns it in like all of his classes, and it's assigned in the modern american lit class....

i wish i had time to read it again :sad: what a great book

(The Poisonwood Bible)

Sounds like a plan.

I hate that: when you want to read a book but end up treating it like every other assignment.

corianderstem said:

Ha ha. Selective listening! Like an improv comedy group asking for suggestions from the audience. :wink:

He could have at least made it realistic and named a U2 song! "I heard that, over there, Out Of Control" wouldn't cause me to think twice. But People Get Ready? Come on, Bono.

I really liked The Poisonwood Bible, but I remember the ending pissed me off something fierce (although now I don't remember how it ended; just that it pissed me off).

I've liked others by Kingsolver more.

corianderstem said:
Well, clearly I have a bias and am going to bristle at your comments, but as a former fanfic writer, I strongly disagree.

If that's the ONLY writing you do, then sure, maybe that's the case. But I found it to be a really fun springboard for stretching my writing wings.

And diving headfirst into learning about flamewars and crazy fans on the internet. :wink:

What did you fanfic for, Cori?

In my former online life, I was an X-Files geek. Complete with fanfic. :wink:

I made some really good friends, and I still connect with them online, although we've all moved onto other online interests.

phillyfan26 said:

Sounds like a plan.

I hate that: when you want to read a book but end up treating it like every other assignment.

it's not that bad in college, usually you just have to know when and what to skim. but i slacked off and watched movies all break rather than doing work, so i can't complain. i wikipedia'd it, then paged through it a bit, then read the more detailed spark notes plot summary. but for some reason i remember something about a mad invasion of ants and i couldn't find that in the plot summaries or paging through. it's frustrating me.

Wow, 25/11/89 Tokyo is a rare 80s WOWY that doesn't have Shine Like Stars or LWTUA or any snippetry to speak of.

Fuck yes, God Part II for the SuperWin.

If there wasn't fan-fiction, so to speak, that included real people, we wouldn't have most non-myth based Greek plays, parts of Dante's Inferno and a whole bunch of other good stuff.

Wait, I didn't mean to compare slash fan fiction to Dante, but you know, I don't think the subject really matters as long as it's written awesomely (although it certainly helps if the main character is not Spock).

corianderstem said:
I really liked The Poisonwood Bible, but I remember the ending pissed me off something fierce (although now I don't remember how it ended; just that it pissed me off).

I've liked others by Kingsolver more.

I vaguely remember the ending frustrating me but I am not into the book right now so while I know the ending I couldn't say why.

I know so much more about the Congo now, I'd get more out of it. Oh well, some day I'll read it again. I've never read any other Kingsolvers, but again, some day.

I should sleep: I'm waking up in five hours to go to Philly tomorrow.

But, alas, here I am.

corianderstem said:
I should go to bed, but that means I have to get up tomorrow and go to work. :(

Work!!!! :no:

I'm there right now, and I'm telling you not to go!!

I'm not going if I get another sleep like I did last night. The whole house was so hot it like like 2:30 when I got to sleep!, then up at 7:30am.

NOT FUN!

Axver said:
Wow, 25/11/89 Tokyo is a rare 80s WOWY that doesn't have Shine Like Stars or LWTUA or any snippetry to speak of.

Fuck yes, God Part II for the SuperWin.

Any interesting snippets from that show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom